Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is coming in late for work a ground for suspension?

If is logical if coming late to office attracts suspension from the office when it occurs frequently on the part of the employees. That will serve as a sanctions for the employees nonchalant attitude to work or ineffective commitment to organization development. However, this steps taken by the management will serve as a warning to other staffs, to remind them of the importance of diligence to work and punctuality to organization development and growth.

Advertisement Placeholder
late coming is not actually a ground for suspension until it is now a culture for the employee. When an employee is always punctual and then he came late just for a day does that mean he should be suspended? No, rather the employer should know that there is a reason behind it

There are ethics and guidelines governing the conduct of workers in every organization, and its expected that everybody respect that. Coming late to work is a crime in any work space, and deserve a punishment to serve as deterrent to others. If you will resume late to work for any reason, it's only advisable that you call your line supervisor and inform him/her in other to not to be punished.

According to me,the best option is not suspension,when the employee comes late, it affects the effectiveness of the business. When he is suspended too, it will still affect the business because I guess If anyone else would do his own work, he should rather be punished through deduction in salaries when he comes late. There should be a certain amount of money deducted per day each employees come late, this can be calculated at the end of the month and then deducted from their salaries

Yes it is a very bad habit. I am a nurse and speaking from experience, a situation where i am on night duty and my colleague is suppose to come on time to take over the shift by morning so that i can go and have some rest but fails to come on time. It is a very terrible and frustrating situation. So late coming is a very good ground for suspension.

Continuously coming in late could show lack of interest or enthusiasm in your job, which may affect performance.

Going late to work is an offence but consideration should be giving
At least warnings should be giving and not a straight forward suspension, if after several warnings the same is still repeated then suspension can follow

There is time fixed for work to resume and close, and if any employee do not comply I will just need to worn him/her for like 3 time after that suspension letter must be handed to him/her. I can not take my business carelessness, there are many people realdy to work.

Tardiness. Being late is only considered willfulmisconduct if you don't have what's commonly referred to as a “good cause.” Being sick is a good cause. ... Repeated tardiness, however, may eventually be deemed misconduct, regardless of the reasons.

I think suspension of an employee for late coming is too harsh especially if the employee in question is a first timer or a one time offender, there could be many circumstances surrounding the late coming of the employee but if it's an issue of regular tardiness suspension is justified.

Yes in every business organisation there must always be a discipline and as a worker you must always keep to the time to be at work if this time just does not suit you you can seek for permission to adjust the time by the manager or you quit the job if it's affecting you too much but being late to work can deserve some suspension if the company is what discipline, I support that and I don't see anything wrong with that at all

Yes I think coming late to work is a ground for suspension although I think it would be warranted if the individual involved is an obstinate person who is a habit of repeating this behaviour.then, I think the employer is justified in suspending or terminating the employee's employment in that particular firm or company because his constant tardiness would affect the flow of work especially if the job is critical to the operation.

Yes! Coming late to work gives ground for suspension because punctuality is the sole of every business. Every worker must cultivate the habit of coming to work early. Coming to work on time shows you are serious with your work and you love your work. You can be suspended if you make it an habit of coming late to work.

The employee is hired because there is a job to do. When he comes in late for work the flow of work is affected especially if the job is critical to the operation. Some offices issue a suspension for a number of days when the tardiness is too often like 3 times a week and every week. Do you think it is fair to the employee or is the boss too harsh on the suspension? Too many times tardy can also be a reason for termination of the employee which happened to our office before.

Well, if you make it a habit of coming late always, I believe the suspension is a good thing because it will make realize that you are not indispensable to the company's business existence.

Coming late to work for the first time shouldn’t result to suspension instead a query is better. If this attitude continues and the query served are up to 3, then an immediate suspension for weeks should follow. If after this, the attitude still continues then the employee should be sacked

A lady in my country committed sucide because she was suspended for coming to work late tho the details are sketchy but i believe in as much that punctuality is very important companies or business owners should have a card key given to all of their employees or even a biometer to clock in with their thumb... By the time it's month ending and the employee paycheck is so low then they will buckle up automatically.

Coming late to office shouldn't be taken lightly with any employee most especially if or she has been given the terms of work before accepting the work. A suspension or cut in salary should issued to such staff because that kind of act can reduce productivity in a company and can affect overall finanacial record of the firm at the end of the year.

When issue of warnings does not correct the bad habit of an employee, I think suspension should be fair enough to call the employee to his or her sense. There are some employee who still continue this bad habit after suspension.

If such thing happens, the company should engage in guiandance and counseling for such employee as they might have psychological problems.

No matter the policy of any company regarding lateness (either outright suspension /work without pay etc) its no other person's call except the management-business owners. When being employed , we often profess our professionalism and how we can move mountains(agreed we all do that-necessary sef) However, there are some basic work etiquette that we must imbibed and prompt resumption /time keeping is key. It tells into how you carry yourself.We shouldn't wait to find out what sanction is applied to coming late before making promptness a vital virtue or etiquette in us.

Coming in late for work a very bad habit and most employers are not always comfortable with It, well it depends on the type of boss you have. Some see that as a ground for suspension while some will use other disciplinary actions.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds