Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever had to fire someone for stealing from your work?

That's exactly it,you need to have someone who is serious an someone who is not going to steal from you, even if you are not present, but we can hardly find those kinds of people this day's.
Well, if you are running a physical business you can put a lot of security in place in order to ensure that there is no theft. You ca put security cameras in order to prevent theft in your business venture.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have never done that but I think that's the best thing to do when someone steals from you, a lot of people don't really get this right, stealing is not a good habit.

That's exactly it,you need to have someone who is serious an someone who is not going to steal from you, even if you are not present, but we can hardly find those kinds of people this day's.
You're right, finding honest and integrity people these days is not easy. That's why you have to be monitor your business yourself untill you have enough to purchase gadget and software that you can use to monitor while you are not around.

Actually stealing deserves punishment actually even though I have never had such experience.

Actually sometimes people acted based on some forces, and as an entrepreneur, try to find reason behind their actions.
You're right, finding honest and integrity people these days is not easy. That's why you have to be monitor your business yourself untill you have enough to purchase gadget and software that you can use to monitor while you are not around.
Actually people this days, are very hard to be trusted though there are people who can pretend fro a very long time to monitor your weakness before they can dealt with you but you should be very vigilant in your business.

Last edited:
There was a time one of my employee stole some money and I caught him red-handed and he confessed . I give him warnings but I never fired him because he has admitted to stealing it.

Well, if you are running a physical business you can put a lot of security in place in order to ensure that there is no theft. You ca put security cameras in order to prevent theft in your business venture.

Shop lifting is a very big offence in many countries and this could put people behind bars. In many countries, the punishment is more severe because shop lifting is considered a very big crime. This is understandable, as shoplifting leads to losses of billions of dollars!

View attachment 4834

Shop lifting is a very big offence in many countries and this could put people behind bars. In many countries, the punishment is more severe because shop lifting is considered a very big crime. This is understandable, as shoplifting leads to losses of billions of dollars!

View attachment 4834
Even though it is a very big offence in many countries around the world but it is still occurring each year. that means businesses spend about 10 billion dollars every single year because of the theft.

Actually I haven't done that before but I had several cases of some workers trying to steal from what is not there though I try to investigate why, but it was a critical condition which forces them into such behaviours.

If there's no proper monitoring in the place of work , its normal for soe callous workers to start stealing from you , andnthats why most business are putting hidden cameras in their work place for proper monitoring.

Actually I have onces fired an employee for stealing the company property even though it wasn't an immediate or quick action taken but I followed procedures to find out the truth about his actions and give out faire judgement.

Actually I have onces fired an employee for stealing the company property even though it wasn't an immediate or quick action taken but I followed procedures to find out the truth about his actions and give out faire judgement.
it is very important and necessary never to allow such people near your business venture. They will probably make you to run into losses if you do not discover their nefarious activities early.

Actually I have not done that before but I believe there is a high possibilities to which I can fired someone for stealing depending on the situation to which I have studied or observed.

There are some actions that comes as a result of certain conditions someone found himself into.

I have actually caught someone stealing from me before but after much talk and the advise i gave to him , I decided to give him another chance just to change his bad ways .

Actually no, though I have had several cases of that, of which an employee stole from my office.

Sometimes such behaviours are not intentional but due to some certain circumstances that leads individuals into such acts.

Many people steal. I saw many businesses steal other people's designs, and it's very unprofessional, and I can't imagine how the person who put all that work into design feels. The person should definitely be fired for stealing your work.

Employers may find it challenging and tough to fire an employee for theft. On the one hand, they have a duty to safeguard their company's assets. On the other hand, they could feel obligated or loyal to their staff. To deal with the problem and prevent it from happening again in the future, however, is usually the wisest course of action.

I had to fire the previous attendant I had in my game shop. He went to open the shop earlier than opening times and the funds that was realized for that time, he pocketed it. I was informed by a customer who didn't know he didn't have to mention it to me.
Yikes, sorry to hear that happened. I have a friend who ran a game shop for a while, he closed it down a few years back. He had issues with some of his employees stealing. He would sometimes let it go, but he later would dock pay for those who thought they were getting away with it, and when questioned he would bring up the tape revealing they stole. I don't know what it was, but he was robbed by a lot of his employees over the years. Always ended up catching them though.

Has there ever been a time where you had to fire someone because they stole from you or your business? This sort of thing has never happened to me, but I do worry often about what could happen with my work and any employees I do hire. Thankfully I don't really ever have employees aside from people I hire for odd jobs.

What about you though? Ever had to fire someone for stealing?

Personally, if I ever find someone guilty of stealing from my business, I will not only fire the person from the job but I will also make sure that I have the person arrested and get everything that he or she have stolen from my business repaid.

Stealing is a crime and employees should not steal from their employers. I have not experienced that with my staff because he is very honest and trustworthy. People should be content with what they have...

Stealing is a crime and employees should not steal from their employers. I have not experienced that with my staff because he is very honest and trustworthy. People should be content with what they have...

There are some people who are never contented with what they have and what they are being paid. No matter the amount of money they are being paid at their workplace, whenever they see an opportunity to steal from the workplace, they won't overlook it or report to the management.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds