Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to avoid professional jealousy among employees

I think one of the ways to tackle this efficiently is to make a straight frame work of how work will be and how promotion would be so people do not envy others.

Advertisement Placeholder
Sometimes professional jealousy occurs in companies that reward particular workers for their performance maybe in a yearly basis.

I think what you just said is part of jealousy in the world of business or working time. During work such things emanate, envy is one of the causes of jealousy. We need to stop such negative tendency from overshadowing us.
I don't think that any business manager would openly instigate jealousy in his business or at his workplace because he knows that the disadvantages of such a business environment is very bad for business.

I don't think that any business manager would openly instigate jealousy in his business or at his workplace because he knows that the disadvantages of such a business environment is very bad for business.
I have seen managers of businesses that are jealous of their employees. Some of them become jealous when an employees seems to make better managerial decision, operates machines or perform tasks than the manager. He will become jealous for being better than him or that you might leave his business at anytime.

I have seen managers of businesses that are jealous of their employees. Some of them become jealous when an employees seems to make better managerial decision, operates machines or perform tasks than the manager. He will become jealous for being better than him or that you might leave his business at anytime.
You are right on your point , there are many cases where a manager is jealous of the employee just because the employee is more competent than the manager and he feels his job is been threatened.

The main thing to do is to educate as much as you can. This is something that is common I a company and you need to stop it because it will affect your business. You need to pay them on how the work in the company. Don't love some people and hate some people

Hmm, any manager who does that surely tarnishing his image. Most of them are simply like that, they encouraged jealousy that makes the environment unhealthy for work.

Hmm, any manager who does that surely tarnishing his image. Most of them are simply like that, they encouraged jealousy that makes the environment unhealthy for work.
This is why a manager should be careful of the kind of attitude or favoritism that exhibit in the cause of rewarding employees as these is capable of also brewing professional jealousy and hatred in the work place.

Some businesses collapsed due to the way the manager handles situations like this when it does arises at work and some manager do not also help as they jealous anybody working with them that is progressing in life.

Some businesses collapsed due to the way the manager handles situations like this when it does arises at work and some manager do not also help as they jealous anybody working with them that is progressing in life.
That's simply pathetic that manager jealous those who he's paying. Such manager isn't the kind of manager one needs to work with cos he's enemy of progress.

So you may lose friends because your salary and degree at work is increased and your collegue degree and salary stays the same or decreased this causes many conflits at work area so you are right!
One way to avoid professional diversity among employees to motivate them and give what is due and the right for each employee with this they will not be professional jealousy among.

Professional jealousy are rampant nowadays among employees and the only way a boss or an employer can avoid jealousy is by showing love to all the employee, don't be bias towards some of them, and make their salary structure known to all of them.
Showing love to all the employee is not actually the solution because after the Love , jealousy will still continue to exist ,everyone should have their own responsibility in the company and they should only focus on their own responsibility that is all.

We should all know that if we all do what is expected of us and whatever we get in our professions are based on merit then, jealousy can be curtailed

That's simply pathetic that manager jealous those who he's paying. Such manager isn't the kind of manager one needs to work with cos he's enemy of progress.
Some manager jealous you when you're better than them, some even hate you believing that with your knowledge and expertise, one day you will be their business competitors.

Yes we know that showing love go all the employee is not a hundred percent solution to professional jealousy and i beleieve it solves at least 95% out of all the problem at work.
Showing love to all the employee is not actually the solution because after the Love , jealousy will still continue to exist ,everyone should have their own responsibility in the company and they should only focus on their own responsibility that is all.

There are ways to avoid this in any business or company and the best thing to do is to avoid showing favoritism to anybody because this is the Genesis of any kind of envy in a business or company because some will think is because of something you are doing that this happened and this will lead to many negative thought.

And some times we don't have to come public declaring the new offer we gave to Mr A that will surely provoke Mr B to get jealous by the new achievement of the fellow.

Don't treat anyone in a special way more than the others. They are l working for you, don't make it obvious that you like one more than others. If there are rewards and commendations you want to give, then the person must have earned it.
Of course, it's very important for business managers don't show partiality or favoritism in work places because it brings jealousy among workers.

Actually I don't think there is need to avoid it since they are both your employees they will try by all means to always be outstanding they will try to be alert and give their all to the company as part of competition.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds