Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to avoid professional jealousy among employees

Here are seven ways to manage jealousy and competition, to avoid them becoming an issue in the workplace:
Remain Professional.
Be Positive.
Refrain from Bragging.
Listen.
Remember Your Position.
Give Credit Where it's Due.
Have a One on One Discussion

Advertisement Placeholder
I love this, i believe to reduce jealousy in an working environment, there are certain things that needs to be kept as private between each worker and the management and also and also among the workers. Such as salary earnings for each worker, their qualifications and their personal achievements

jealousy exists in every area of Life including a business institutions and so many of them this may range from unequal salary and treatment from the company.

Some of these issues are inevitable and unavoidable, that is, they are bound to happen.what keeps one consoled is your approach towards it.i think one should be able to ignore all these behaviour when they eventually happen

In one management seminar that I attended that focused on rivalry and professional jealousy I realized that there are confidential matters that should remain confidential. First is the salary which is always the crux of jealousy in the workplace. If you know my salary and it is higher than yours then you will be sad and on the other hand if my salary is lower than your salary then you may become overconfident. Another confidential matter is the relationship with the boss. If an employee is related to a boss then it should be kept secret so as not to intimidate the other employees. Do you know of an item that should be kept confidential?
Most times it is not go to reveal the salary worth if employees to other employees because it causes jealousy and can lead to dispute among workers.

I think to avoid jealous among the employees in any organization is yo mind yourself in the company, and also be alone and mind yourself.

There's a higher possibility of jealousy in any business organisation when things are not arranged in a way it should be done,a standard business give an opportunity for each and every employee to first and concentrate in their own area, that is what every business should consider doing.

Employee been related to the boss and kept a secret won't last long, because one way or the other, someone will get wind of that relationship and blow it open

Employee been related to the boss and kept a secret won't last long, because one way or the other, someone will get wind of that relationship and blow it open
There is no point for such relationship as it will affect the employee in the long run . When there is issue , the employee stands the risk of being sacked by the employer

I think sometimes professional jealousy really brings the best out of people because they were like to work very well in order to impress more than others.

I think that the first thing to do is have a guideline as to how you want your organisation to be run and how to prevent jealousy, train employees to be process and sanction those that don't comply

I think what you just said is part of jealousy in the world of business or working time. During work such things emanate, envy is one of the causes of jealousy. We need to stop such negative tendency from overshadowing us.
Jealousy in the place of work is an aberration to the working environment which can lead to to unproductivity indoor output that the business will give out in so it is very imperative for any manager to nip in the bud anything that will cause jealousy in the business place.

No matter how hard you try, there are some employees that are never going to stop and I think it would be best to fire them out of their jobs.

Jealousy in the place of work is an aberration to the working environment which can lead to to unproductivity indoor output that the business will give out in so it is very imperative for any manager to nip in the bud anything that will cause jealousy in the business place.
Yes, you're right dear. Jealousy is a symptom of negative thoughts, it doesn't yield productivity in the workplace. That's what business owners need to keep close eye on, to remedy it amicably.

I believe to avoid jealousy is to stop comparing. What you accomplish or don't achieve has nothing to do with what someone else is or isn't doing. If you constantly gauge your happiness or measure your success by comparing it to those around you, you'll always be disappointed. As our mothers use to say, “there is always someone better than you.” so stop looking at other people's achievements and focus on your goals and successes.

In a normal business organisation everyone have their own responsibility to do, sometimes this responsibility can depend on the academic qualification of an individual and this is the only way you can stop the professional jealousy.

To be sincere with ourselves, there is no way you will work with people that the issue of professional jealousy will not arise. If the jealousy is not about your salary, it will be because of your promotion or some other things that you do not understand.

Jealousy in any organization is very real and very prevalent amongst most government agencies and established bigger companies too. You should not be flaunting the take home pay of your workers for any reason whatsoever

In one management seminar that I attended that focused on rivalry and professional jealousy I realized that there are confidential matters that should remain confidential. First is the salary which is always the crux of jealousy in the workplace. If you know my salary and it is higher than yours then you will be sad and on the other hand if my salary is lower than your salary then you may become overconfident. Another confidential matter is the relationship with the boss. If an employee is related to a boss then it should be kept secret so as not to intimidate the other employees. Do you know of an item that should be kept confidential?
Rivalry and professional jealousy I not only common between employee but also rampant between two different company that's producing the same product in which one company will start tarnishing the image of the other company.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds