Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to avoid professional jealousy among employees

Everyone has his/her own place to shine so there shouldn't be any room for jealousy because it usually result to bitterness and this can transcend to something more evil among employees.

Advertisement Placeholder
The best way to avoid professional jealousy among employees is to give every employee what is due for them when it is time for promotion you promote then according to their input to the organisation and their qualification.

Colleagues does get jelous for each other. Obviously we cannot perform the same ad employees. But always the non performing ones are the ones with so much jelous.

Sincerely speaking to me one of the most reasonable way to avoid professional jealously is through or to make promotion of staff best on merit, and performance at work place and as a manager avoid personal relationships at work place with ur staff.

This kind of things come up in a business environment. When the company rewards the hardworking ones, the below per workers get jealous of the ones that is encouraged with some bonus packages to encourage their hardwork. In order to limit such jealousy around our business enterprise, we need to keep such bonuses confidential and not review to the ones who isn't offered.

Jealousy and envy is a sure thing that is bound to happen in an organisation especially with ones with large number one way to curb that is by making everyone feel special

Well for one don't let everything among employees be a competition and also don't compare achievements because things like that could build jealousy among employees

To avoid jealousy among employees, favouritism should be done in the first place, all workers should be treated equally with love and consideration even when coming short on some things
Lol. I think you meant favouritism shouldn't be allowed. It is important to ensure that all the employees have a level playing field for working.

One of the essential way or strategies to avoid professional jealously at work place or in an organisation or business is through avoidance of manager and worker person relationships and to also encourage devision of labour withe the promotion of staff best on merit.

Lol yeah that's what I meant, favoritism shouldn't be done because that could lead.to diversity and lead to jealousy too at the workplace
Lol. I think you meant favouritism shouldn't be allowed. It is important to ensure that all the employees have a level playing field for working.

Well, in reply to your question in the above post concerning how to avoid professional jealousy among employees, well first of all jealousy is an human trait that can't be removed completely but in the work place you can deal with it through rules

I disagree with you on salary which may cause rivalry among employee. The salary structure of any organization should base on their qualifications or the experience that he/ she get on that particular job. So this can not cause any rivalry among the employee.

The best way to avoid jeolosy in any organization is to mind your business and be friendly with anyone in the organization
it is funny but it is right if you want to avoid jealousy in any organization so mind your own business and be friendly with everyone in the organization and avoid negative thoughts about a jealous person in our mind. be kind to everyone and focus on your goal.

In a work environment, there is a tendency of workers being jealous of each other especially when it seemed as if the manager is favouring some work is over others. In a situation like this is very important that a manager should be able to treat each employee equally no matter their output or limitation.

There is actually nothing anybody can do to eradicate rivalry among employees but the menace can be reduced to the nearest minimum. As the management of the organization, while you're trying to appreciate and recognising the efforts of the outstanding employees, don't make other feel useless or irrelevant.

There are few ways in which we can avoid professional jealousy, people that warrant and worthy of promotion should be the one getting it not giving promotion due to slots and influence.

To avoid proffesional jealousy among staffs of your company or business, you should ensure that elevations in positions and recognition for rewards are all done in such a manner that the right person gets it.
I agree with you to some extents. In some companies, no matter how you treat your staff their will always be some form of jealousy either work related or personal jealousy. When issue like this arises one should be respectful and patient no matter the intimidation from those who jealous you.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to avoid jealousy when it comes to Co-workers. I have been in a situation where co-workers bullied me. This is one of the biggest reason why I prefer working alone and earn at home using my computer.

In one management seminar that I attended that focused on rivalry and professional jealousy I realized that there are confidential matters that should remain confidential. First is the salary which is always the crux of jealousy in the workplace. If you know my salary and it is higher than yours then you will be sad and on the other hand if my salary is lower than your salary then you may become overconfident. Another confidential matter is the relationship with the boss. If an employee is related to a boss then it should be kept secret so as not to intimidate the other employees. Do you know of an item that should be kept confidential?
Let me add this to what it should be kept secrete at a work place as well,is if you are dating your boss,no one should know about it in your working environment as well, because it should be a secrete between you two.

It is only the bad people that will bring jealousy into a business and position they do not qualify for,well there is nothing that you will do, if an employee show any sign of jealousy I think they should be suspended because they might be jealous of a professional, that is all.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds