Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to avoid professional jealousy among employees

While I agree some information such as salary should be kept confidential, what about staff's performance? A co-worker can become jealous when a staff is performing very well and this cannot be hidden.

Advertisement Placeholder
While I agree some information such as salary should be kept confidential, what about staff's performance? A co-worker can become jealous when a staff is performing very well and this cannot be hidden.
Staff performance can't be kept hidden. That's why jealousy can never cease on the business or working environment. But it can be curtailed when order is been put in place.

MY work in an organization was short lived. In my business, I did no have a lot of employees, therefore, I have never dealt with professional jealousy.

Professional jealously exist more in a business initiative, or company. When the employer or the administrative team pays some people higher than others, when they're almost handling same tasks.

Some people are jealous without valid reasons. They don't try to understand why some people are rewarded and treated better.

Already man have inbuilt jealousy around its life. But ability to rebook your body when thinking that way helps us to slow down jealousy. If one got promotion by recommendation and not merited those vying same position becomes very jealous to even envy em.
I believe that professional jealousy is presented in different ways, for example when a person is rewarded, it should be made clear and in public, what are the merits that lead to such recognition. In this way, professional jealousy can be minimized.

I believe that professional jealousy is presented in different ways, for example when a person is rewarded, it should be made clear and in public, what are the merits that lead to such recognition. In this way, professional jealousy can be minimized.
Well stated points. To me, I'll say, professional jealousy should be minimized through, internal rewarding of loyal and hard working employees. Never to disclose some giveaways, or cash gifts to other employees, sometimes it should be kept confidential.

Well stated points. To me, I'll say, professional jealousy should be minimized through, internal rewarding of loyal and hard working employees. Never to disclose some giveaways, or cash gifts to other employees, sometimes it should be kept confidential.
It is a very good option that you describe, to give incentives to employees without it being disclosed to the employees and beneficiaries. Not knowing about such gifts will limit jealousy.

It is a very good option that you describe, to give incentives to employees without it being disclosed to the employees and beneficiaries. Not knowing about such gifts will limit jealousy.
Yeah, i think so. When you give Mr A, and not reward Mr B, when Mr B must have known the offer of Mr A. It increases the jealousy around Mr B, that causes wrath in the working environment. And it will pose a serious threat to the company's welfare, cos some of the employees are feeling cheated.

Yeah, i think so. When you give Mr A, and not reward Mr B, when Mr B must have known the offer of Mr A. It increases the jealousy around Mr B, that causes wrath in the working environment. And it will pose a serious threat to the company's welfare, cos some of the employees are feeling cheated.
If that happens in general, after my experiences I consider that it is a lack of acceptance of certain employees. Because if there is such a reward, it is because they have really earned it and others have not given the fight to achieve it as well.

We can that bosses should not openly show favoritism. We all know some staffs are more diligent than others but this should not lead to any bias. However, most times, this envy and jealousy in the workplace is inevitable.

Yeah, it can be minimized in workplace, if the manager of the company can put things confidential at times, and not necessarily coming out to declare the rewards given to another member based on hard work.

Yeah, it can be minimized in workplace, if the manager of the company can put things confidential at times, and not necessarily coming out to declare the rewards given to another member based on hard work.
Exactly, if they find out about the reward it is better to say so in public with their acknowledgement, and if it is confidential there should be a commitment from both parties to zero disclosure.

Exactly, if they find out about the reward it is better to say so in public with their acknowledgement, and if it is confidential there should be a commitment from both parties to zero disclosure.
Yeah, if they know it will leak, it is better to say it in the public. Unless their is some high level of commitment between them, then it should be left confidential.

Yeah, if they know it will leak, it is better to say it in the public. Unless their is some high level of commitment between them, then it should be left confidential.
That's exactly what I meant, this way professional jealousy related to the subject is minimized or eliminated, among other ways that can be avoided by making the right decision.

That's exactly what I meant, this way professional jealousy related to the subject is minimized or eliminated, among other ways that can be avoided by making the right decision.
You spoke well, through the medium we outlined it can be eliminated.

So you may lose friends because your salary and degree at work is increased and your collegue degree and salary stays the same or decreased this causes many conflits at work area so you are right!
Professional jealousy among employee starts with the boss favouring some employee more than the other , and the unfavoured one start talking behind his/her back, or when a particular employee get an increment in salary while the other employee salary remain stagnant.

There is jealousy in every areas of our lives, we encounter it on a daily basis. To deal with jealousy at work, you will have to learn to mind your business to some extent and respect every employees that comes your way. You will also have to be discrete as possible as nobody needs to know the details of the goings in your life.

Professional jealousy is one the problem encounter in the business today,you can avoid it in many ways,which are (1)if you want to appreciate any worker for his/her job well done don't do that always in the presence of others and avoid special treatment to a specific worker all the time.

To avoid proffesional jealousy among staffs of your company or business, you should ensure that elevations in positions and recognition for rewards are all done in such a manner that the right person gets it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds