Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to avoid professional jealousy among employees

Everyone should be treated with equality. When the employer goes against this format and love some employees more than others that's when professional jealousy surface.

Advertisement Placeholder
To avoid professional jealousy at your place of work, you must treat your colleagues with respect and never let them feel that you're doing better than them at work. Also always respect their privacies and opinions even if you do not agree with it.

To avoid professional jealousy at your place of work, you must treat your colleagues with respect and never let them feel that you're doing better than them at work. Also always respect their privacies and opinions even if you do not agree with it.
Usually professional jealousy occurs among the peers. Take the case of a factory that has an assembly line where 20 workers are on the same level and are paid equally. When jealousy is created then it can affect the efficiency of the assembly line. Usually such bickering can easily be resolved when the supervisor interferes.

I dont think it'd very necessary keeping salary to co worker. If the company is good enough they should pay everybody based on their experience and qualifications without them cheating anybody. With that their won't be any form of jealousy

This kind of negative tendency can't be erased in the workplace, even when the employer keeps the status of workers merits secrete it will still surface cos of inbuilt negative tendency in man.

Usually professional jealousy occurs among the peers. Take the case of a factory that has an assembly line where 20 workers are on the same level and are paid equally. When jealousy is created then it can affect the efficiency of the assembly line. Usually such bickering can easily be resolved when the supervisor interferes.
I really love your explanation and analysis on the topic. In most cases jealousy that exists among staff are most times not expose or known to supervisors or superior officers at work, it is mostly known among workers of the same peer or level.

Jealousy has no place in the modern corporate world. No way, one can't survive in a business house with jealous behavior. The management is too quick in identifying with such an attitude and they have the ways to deal with such unprofessioal people. SO I suggest, hide your jealousy. One gets paid according to his qualification so increase yours to match with others' salary.

In one management seminar that I attended that focused on rivalry and professional jealousy I realized that there are confidential matters that should remain confidential. First is the salary which is always the crux of jealousy in the workplace. If you know my salary and it is higher than yours then you will be sad and on the other hand if my salary is lower than your salary then you may become overconfident. Another confidential matter is the relationship with the boss. If an employee is related to a boss then it should be kept secret so as not to intimidate the other employees. Do you know of an item that should be kept confidential?
That is a great management seminar to attend to. I wish to attend one like that too to be able to know the reasons why there is professional jealousy. I agree with you that the first and center of jealousy is the money or salary. I think salary is dependent on your position in the company.

Choose to be joyful and helpful when others, particularly coworkers and fellow team members, win honors or achieve amazing achievements. Instead of being envious, be courteous and sincere in your appreciation for their accomplishment.

In one management seminar that I attended that focused on rivalry and professional jealousy I realized that there are confidential matters that should remain confidential. First is the salary which is always the crux of jealousy in the workplace. If you know my salary and it is higher than yours then you will be sad and on the other hand if my salary is lower than your salary then you may become overconfident. Another confidential matter is the relationship with the boss. If an employee is related to a boss then it should be kept secret so as not to intimidate the other employees. Do you know of an item that should be kept confidential?
I think where I work currently, this is very rampant here and no one is providing any solution for this. Am thinking of quiting the job at the end of the month 🤔

Choose to be joyful and helpful when others, particularly coworkers and fellow team members, win honors or achieve amazing achievements. Instead of being envious, be courteous and sincere in your appreciation for their accomplishment.
When a co-worker sees his or her fellow worker gaining the spotlight and earning the personal award that he or she should've won too. Professional jealousy starts from there.

The points you have raised are part of the major causes of jealousy among employees. It is better for employees not to disclose their salaries to each other. Those in managerial position should try not to be to close to any employee and also not have favourites among employees.

Believe me when I say it to you that when it comes to someone being a jealous person, have everything to do with the person's personality and no other person in general.
Instead of them to upgrade their own skill to be professional ,they are jealous of people who are more advanced in knowledge than them, this can hinders their progress progress in life.

This is a good piece to read indeed. I don't even know that one's salary been exposed to the knowledge of other workers can become an issue forma fact to cause jealousy. Now I know at least

This is a good piece to read indeed. I don't even know that one's salary been exposed to the knowledge of other workers can become an issue forma fact to cause jealousy. Now I know at least
Yes your salary can be the reason for your jealousy at work. People can jealous you for what you do not really understand. When there is slight difference in your salary with your colleagues who are in the same level with you, they will jealous you.

Instead of them to upgrade their own skill to be professional ,they are jealous of people who are more advanced in knowledge than them, this can hinders their progress progress in life.

Seriously, it's why I'm very cautious with how I relate with other people where I work because you don't really know who is really happy for your progress or not.

Seriously, it's why I'm very cautious with how I relate with other people where I work because you don't really know who is really happy for your progress or not.
You really need to be careful, because no matter how you think you are really good there are some people that will never like you no matter what you do, you will know them when they are able to hide their anger anymore.

Wow.. Good topic you brought up here. I think this most times makes employees that knows that fellow employees salary higher than theirs decide not to work better than how they could. It stop them from giving the best in most cases.

You really need to be careful, because no matter how you think you are really good there are some people that will never like you no matter what you do, you will know them when they are able to hide their anger anymore.

Seriously, this why a very good friend of mine who has a very big company told me that from his observations with how human being behave, we all have serious issues.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds