Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to avoid professional jealousy among employees

The best way to avoid jeolosy in any organization is to mind your business and be friendly with anyone in the organization
Some people don't really know how to mind your business when it comes to working in public places and get involved in a lot of things that they're all supposed to get into and make every way to be toxic for everyone to stay.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well maybe by actually treating all your employees the same way and doing give away most times and try not to prefer one to the other so you will have a comfortable work space

Lol. I can't stop laughing as this is my first ever time to heard the phrase professional jealousy. Although the salary part has always brought so many issues to some people.
No this is possible, professional are people that are expert in their own field. When a business organization is not well organized this is likely to set in.. Therefore everyone should learn the art of focusing in their own areas of concentration

Even if you keep salaries close to your chest, during interactions among themselves it can still be revealed.
The best way to go about this is to ensure that you provide the same conditions that will enhance maximum productivity.
Once they see you're fair in providing equal opportunities to succeed, there'll be reduced jealousy among them.

You are right, salaries should be kept a secret in a business, this is the major cause of jealousy and rivalry in a business most times. I also feel qualifications and degree of employees should be kept a secret.

I think what you just said is part of jealousy in the world of business or working time. During work such things emanate, envy is one of the causes of jealousy. We need to stop such negative tendency from overshadowing us.
In as much as every employee should stop this behavior. The employee should also do play his role, no preferential treatment must be given to a particular employee

Another thing that could cause jealousy among employees is when you begin to discuss your personal life with your colleagues especially when you are doing better than them.

This is definitely one of the bad behaviours that you should aim to avoid in the workplace as a manager. You should do this by constantly applauding all your employees.

There's likely to be an act of jealousy from your coworkers if actually they know you are good and better than them in what you do especially if you were just newly employed. Yes, your relationship with the boss should be kept a secret as it also creates envy and jealousy

The salary that is been paid should be kept secret as much as possible. This is necessary to avoid unnecessary rivalry which is not good for the business.

There are several ways, on how to avoid professional jealously among employees. This depends on how the management or the manager of a company treat his employees. In terms of promotion, they should be promoted based on merit and individual performance and years of service.

In as much as every employee should stop this behavior. The employee should also do play his role, no preferential treatment must be given to a particular employee
Everyone is subjected to work base on what the company assigned them, and also treated the same, because everyone's work rate is important to the company's growth.

The salary that is been paid should be kept secret as much as possible. This is necessary to avoid unnecessary rivalry which is not good for the business.
This is a good point. When the salary range is exposed, a staff might start questioning the contributions of others to the organization especially if they earn more than him.

I think one method you could make use of is to share the duties of those employees seperately ,and make sure there is a signed legal document to prevent any jealousy
Professional jealousy is something that is natural with human nature which cannot be eliminated especially when you are working in a group of people so you shouldn't kill yourself over it because people will always be jealous about others.

So you may lose friends because your salary and degree at work is increased and your collegue degree and salary stays the same or decreased this causes many conflits at work area so you are right!
People seems to actually be friends with me when they are benefiting so much from you but the moment is not benefiting anything from you they will make you their number one enemy and their jealousy will start.

Everyone is subjected to work base on what the company assigned them, and also treated the same, because everyone's work rate is important to the company's growth.
True. Then, employees should know their place and where they stand and try as much as possible to do away with such an awful habit. Thats the way forward

How to avoid professional jealousy among employees. Jealousy between employee can be corrected when employer balance this by paying wages on time so that employee with small amounts will withstand this oppression.

In one management seminar that I attended that focused on rivalry and professional jealousy I realized that there are confidential matters that should remain confidential. First is the salary which is always the crux of jealousy in the workplace. If you know my salary and it is higher than yours then you will be sad and on the other hand if my salary is lower than your salary then you may become overconfident. Another confidential matter is the relationship with the boss. If an employee is related to a boss then it should be kept secret so as not to intimidate the other employees. Do you know of an item that should be kept confidential?
As an employer, you should try as much as possible to carry all your staff along.
If you are giving some set of staff preference over others, it may lead to jealousy.
promote staff based on qualification or merit.

True. Then, employees should know their place and where they stand and try as much as possible to do away with such an awful habit. Thats the way forward
Yes of course. The employees knows their boundary, they wouldn't work and cross that. Because they are working base on set of instructions and not by their own might.

Professional jealousy something that can really bring you back as a business owner and as such it is always advisable that you should try to draw out your business in form of compartment so that everybody has its own work to focus on.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds