Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to avoid professional jealousy among employees

Definitely jealousy will come if you are progressing faster than your colleagues,but it can also be reduced by not allowing your partner or colleagues to know ur salary,and when it has been increased

Advertisement Placeholder
In one management seminar that I attended that focused on rivalry and professional jealousy I realized that there are confidential matters that should remain confidential. First is the salary which is always the crux of jealousy in the workplace. If you know my salary and it is higher than yours then you will be sad and on the other hand if my salary is lower than your salary then you may become overconfident. Another confidential matter is the relationship with the boss. If an employee is related to a boss then it should be kept secret so as not to intimidate the other employees. Do you know of an item that should be kept confidential?

In one management seminar that I attended that focused on rivalry and professional jealousy I realized that there are confidential matters that should remain confidential. First is the salary which is always the crux of jealousy in the workplace. If you know my salary and it is higher than yours then you will be sad and on the other hand if my salary is lower than your salary then you may become overconfident. Another confidential matter is the relationship with the boss. If an employee is related to a boss then it should be kept secret so as not to intimidate the other employees. Do you know of an item that should be kept confidential?
I love your observation, jealousy among works is rampant and it slow down the rate at which people give their best, because some might be in the office for long and you just employ new staff because he has high qualification so you pay him more, when the person get to know it brings jealousy

So you may lose friends because your salary and degree at work is increased and your collegue degree and salary stays the same or decreased this causes many conflits at work area so you are right!
The best way to avoid professional jealousy among employee he is to always treat all your workers equally and give them what they are due for

The best way to avoid professional jealousy among employee he is to always treat all your workers equally and give them what they are due for
For a progressive business that grants merit increase for good performance treating equally the employees will not work. The best thing to do perhaps is to h have a policy on the secrecy of the salary. For a higher position the staff should recognize the supervisor otherwise you will have an organizational problem.

There is no way that professional jealousy will not arise in any business settings. To avoid professional jealousy, you will have to respect and love you colleagues no matter the differences in position or level. You should also learn to keep some things secret.

What I do is that I don't make more friends at work place. I don't speak much and I do my jobs as required of me. So I don't care who's jealous of me as linger I don't have any problem with anybody.

I agree with this write-up, however all employees should also try their best to avoid that bad trait which is jealousy, we all have different qualities and sometimes different qualifications. If someone is earning more than you, it is not your decision to make but that of the employer so all employees should have the spirit of contentment. But like you said, employees too should avoid unnecessary actions that can lead to jealousy among workers.

It will be a very good idea to put your employees in a group and have a very clear and straight forward chain of command so that insult me everyone is busy and do not have time for jealousy.

I feel workers credentials shouldn't be display to one and other and what colleagues worth because it brings jealousy and even pride in an organisation which doesn't help an organisation.

I feel workers credentials shouldn't be display to one and other and what colleagues worth because it brings jealousy and even pride in an organisation which doesn't help an organisation.
Lolz, do you really think so because to me I believe this action can cause a lot of employees to look down on others with lower qualification ,everybody should just face their own responsibilities and perform what they were employed to do that is all.

I think what you just said is essential for desire in the realm of business or working time. During work such things exude, envy is one of the reasons for desire. We need to prevent such regrettable propensities from eclipsing us. The most ideal way of keeping away from jealousy in any association is to mind your business and be well disposed with anybody in the association

The most effective way to avoid jealousy in work place is endeavor to appreciate only those worthy of it. Only like someone cos of the impact they make in the business

Jealousy comes when you.expose your achievements within your place of work with may lead to.your downfall so it is advisable to keep your achievements to yourself

Don't give a damn to others and continue to do your own work. This is my strategy to avoid professional jealously with my co workers. It is not possible to make everyone happy.

Another thing that i think should not be openly expressed or to be seen by other employees,is the issue of having a favorate employee,no matter how cultured and mannered the employee is.

If there is one thing that is common among workers working together is jealousy, some even get to the point where if they see you wear new clothes to work, they feel jealous.

I think that the issue of the salary discussion is a conspired ine because the management wouldn't want people to discuss salary so those underpaid wouldn't know and come for an increment.

Favouritism could also breed professional jealousy.
To avoid this, favouritism should be curbed by businesses or organizations.
When it comes differences in salaries, I think it should be based on one's qualifications or one's length of service in the organisation.

Most coworkers jealous their colleagues based on various reasons. It could be one's sense of dressing... Qualification attained... Beauty... Etc but all these reasons are too childish for one to consider as an adult. Personally, I cope with this set of people by simply ignoring and reducing my interactions with them. Looking good with all great achievements is a good business.

To avoid professional jeasoosy is by allowing everyone to in the organization to develop his duty by active, not by assigning duty to one person as Monopoly of principle

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds