Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to avoid professional jealousy among employees

I believe not revealing salaries scale to everybody is the start of professional jealousy , the salary scale must be made known and be opened , but you need to explain why some staffs are getting much more than the other , maybe because they have been working before they came (years of service) , or because of the certificates , and many more .
But if you like some staffs , you don't have to show it sonthat others will know , that alone can start a professional jealousy.
This is one of the costly mistakes that most of the business owners do make and it may create a lot of jealousy amongst workers, which way may not be so good and healthy because it could be disastrous sometimes.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have some real life example where a boss likes a female workers , he's not dating the woman but he just prefer her to other female staffs and that lead to other female staffs getting jealous to the point of telling people both of them are dating.

In one management seminar that I attended that focused on rivalry and professional jealousy I realized that there are confidential matters that should remain confidential. First is the salary which is always the crux of jealousy in the workplace. If you know my salary and it is higher than yours then you will be sad and on the other hand if my salary is lower than your salary then you may become overconfident. Another confidential matter is the relationship with the boss. If an employee is related to a boss then it should be kept secret so as not to intimidate the other employees. Do you know of an item that should be kept confidential?
I think in order to avoid professional jealousy, people should not boast about their skills, abilities, and how much they are earning.

All these things can trigger jealousy in other employees at the workplace.

Moreover, people should not discuss the achievements of their family members with every employee, especially with those who are struggling in life or with relationships. This can also result in jealousy in some people or can make others feel low and depressed about their life situations.

Despite the fact that there are good reasons to desire to change careers, it's crucial to discern between facts and emotions.. So, if you’re currently at a crossroads and struggling with envy in the workplace, Jealousy in the workplace can seriously disrupt your work. Jealous colleagues divide your team into camps that can no longer work smoothly together. Envy stands in the way of growth and job satisfaction does not improve either.

One of the best way to prevent professional jealousy is by ensuring that the employees are treated equally and even if you'd like one employee than the other, the business owners should not made it known publicly because it is one of those things that will cause jealousy at work.

Most coworkers jealous their colleagues based on various reasons. It could be one's sense of dressing... Qualification attained... Beauty... Etc but all these reasons are too childish for one to consider as an adult. Personally, I cope with this set of people by simply ignoring and reducing my interactions with them. Looking good with all great achievements is a good business.

I worked with my boss' son for a year before he left the company. He was uptight and did a lot of "favoritism" to employees. He ended up having several of us hating each other over stupid things. It can be a mess but tends to come down to poor management.

I worked with my boss' son for a year before he left the company. He was uptight and did a lot of "favoritism" to employees. He ended up having several of us hating each other over stupid things. It can be a mess but tends to come down to poor management.
In any business organisation , to avoid professional jealousy everything must be done perfectly and equally among employees , favouring one person and leaving the other night even leads to jealousy and hatred in a business or company.

In any business organisation , to avoid professional jealousy everything must be done perfectly and equally among employees , favouring one person and leaving the other night even leads to jealousy and hatred in a business or company.
Absolutely! I witnessed it first hand too. It was a giant mess and I know he regrets having his son work for the company.

He was meant to actually take it over and decided to move and do his own thing instead.

Everyone know jealousy has become very common now a days so Silence Is Golden. If you feel the need to brag, do it outside of the workplace.Keep Up The Good Work.Don't Take It Personally.

Absolutely! I witnessed it first hand too. It was a giant mess and I know he regrets having his son work for the company.

He was meant to actually take it over and decided to move and do his own thing instead.
At least he has learnt his lesson. There is nothing wrong with the son working in the business company , but the most important thing is that everyone as long as you are an employee, you must be treated equally and with respect.

Actually there are several ways to lower the rate of professional jealousy at work place and discipline most be the first to consider. Promotion of employees best on merit should also be considered to makes all of them equal.

The boss needed to state a rule concerning professional jealousy and he should be the first person to start following the rule by promoting employee based on merit alone .

One of the ways to which you can avoid professional jealousy is to treat every employee based on his position and everyone should be promoted based on merit and not personal relationship.

As a business owner , you must try as much as possible to eradicate jealous people in your business . No matter how organised your business organisation is , Jealous people will always look for opportunities to cause trouble.

Jealousy is a common thing. It could be reduced by not praising employees too much in front of others. You may talk and motivate the employees secretly, but not in front of the whole staff.

Jealously is something inevitable, something that can not be totally avoided though control to some extent. no matter how good, disciplined, you handle your employees, they will still be jealous of each other's.

Do not look down on any employee at all. Don't also praise a particular employee too much, especially in a way that serves to undermine the efforts that the others are putting in .

As a boss who want to regulate or stop the issue of jealousy between employees, the boss should know all the type of decision he usually make in terms of promotions and giving out reward for any employees that works well.

This is exactly wear renumeration is going to come into place. This is a transparent process of paying everybody according to their work and contribution to the company.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds