Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to avoid professional jealousy among employees

It is sometimes understandable to be jealous of your fellow worker that you feel are better than you but you can try to work harder to beat them and avoid showing your jealousy to them.

Advertisement Placeholder
Sometimes the best way to avoid this is to make sure that every business organisation and all the employees in the business have their own responsibility, this is just the best way people can avoid all those things in a good business organisation.

In one management seminar that I attended that focused on rivalry and professional jealousy I realized that there are confidential matters that should remain confidential. First is the salary which is always the crux of jealousy in the workplace. If you know my salary and it is higher than yours then you will be sad and on the other hand if my salary is lower than your salary then you may become overconfident. Another confidential matter is the relationship with the boss. If an employee is related to a boss then it should be kept secret so as not to intimidate the other employees. Do you know of an item that should be kept confidential?
Naturally, people are always jealous of themselves especially at their workplace. Over here in my country, staffs kill one another over office posts and promotions. It's really how messed up the world has become.

The list of reasons to feel jealousy in the workplace is endless. Even those with a healthy dose of self-confidence may end up envious of a colleague every now and then. What WOW leaders do is refrain from making poor decisions or making bad choices. Don't react to the jealousy in a negative way or let the negative emotion eat at you, remain professional at all times. Don’t let jealousy take over your thoughts as it takes away room for positive thoughts and ideas. Never lose your own self-assuredness and confidence simply because of a negative emotion trying to eat away at the strong you . When you are aware of the green-eyed monster you'll be able to keep the emotion from negatively impacting your world.
However, try and do the following:
1. Show support
2. Consider others are more experienced and superior
3. Show deep respect
4. Redirect your emotions and
5. Stop comparing yourself with others.

To avoid professional jeasoosy is by allowing everyone to in the organization to develop his duty by active, not by assigning duty to one person as Monopoly of principle
Division of labor is very important in any business because it helps to increase productivity and keep every staff working in their own lane with less interference with other people's job.

Professional jealousy are rampant nowadays among employees and the only way a boss or an employer can avoid jealousy is by showing love to all the employee, don't be bias towards some of them, and make their salary structure known to all of them.
For any business venture there is bound to be some form of professional jealousy among the employees and this can some I'll create some form of unhealthy competition among the staffs in your organisation and the best way to treat this is to treat all staff equally without any form of favoritism.

Well. Truth be told, jealousy is unavoidable. People are different and you're certainly not in their minds to read it. Also, some people are just to nosy and like to pry in people's live. So if I'm promoted on merit which comes with increment and someone gets jealous, that's left for the person to deal with!

In one management seminar that I attended that focused on rivalry and professional jealousy I realized that there are confidential matters that should remain confidential. First is the salary which is always the crux of jealousy in the workplace. If you know my salary and it is higher than yours then you will be sad and on the other hand if my salary is lower than your salary then you may become overconfident. Another confidential matter is the relationship with the boss. If an employee is related to a boss then it should be kept secret so as not to intimidate the other employees. Do you know of an item that should be kept confidential?
This is very common in many work places, that's why I don't like keeping my secrets open,I rather share information that is not work related,the worst thing that can happen is when there is lack of communication amongst co-workers.

You are right, the first and major cause of such jealousies is the salary. The salary of every worker should be confidential, mode of payment should also be transfers to the bank accounts of each employee and not giving them cash on the pay day. This jealousy occurred in my previous place of work because my boss calls everyone to a meeting whereby salaries are publicly paid.

Aptly put and I have learnt two things I need to keep confidential in my work place. I never thought of it until now.

Another reason I think that can cause jealousy in workplace is lack of promotion. When a worker feel he or she qualified to be promoted is overlooked and someone else who is less qualified is promoted create jealousy and I have experienced that first hand. If not properly managed can make a workplace toxic.

Professional jealosy employee should be handle by remain humble and modest, Teach new skills to others, Be willing to learn and try new things, Remind employees of their abilities, Set professional goals. Support and respect others, Listen to other, Be vocal about their accomplishment each new skills to others, Be willing to learn and try new things

I think the best way to avoid jealousy is to compliment all the employees who perform well. If an employee is performing at an average rate, then they should also be given credit for that because at least they are performing better than those who are not performing averagely.

I would have love to say "get to work" and shut down but to explain further, to avoid this you must ensure that you are doing what you suppose to do by sensitising them on a daily bases to keep them abreast on their area of endeavors. Also, your review on salary must be judiciously reviewed to avoid same etc.

To avoid be professional jealous you must find out all about the jealous in the company, and also the cause of it in order to know the reason.

Personally, I don't have so much to say as many possible causes of professional jealousy have already been stated above. And this can cause a very big problem in the company or business as it can affect the growth and success of the business. At tines it gets to a point where one do everything possible for the other person to leave that position. Something fetish can even involve.

To avoid professional jeasoosy is by allowing everyone to in the organization to develop his duty by active, not by assigning duty to one person as Monopoly of principle
What about in a situation where that one person has the experience and skills to carry out the task and produce good results, What would you do?

You can maintain discipline and avoid internal rancor in your organization by always ensuring a conducive working environment. Acts of nepotism or rewarding incompetency should be avoided. Also try not to display favouritism and affection for certain staff publicly as it may cause others to be jealous.

Sometimes that professional jealousy is good. This is because it pushes people to compete and provide the best work. You should just be on the lookout so that the jealousy does not lead to serious conflicts in a company.

It is sometimes understandable to be jealous of your fellow worker that you feel are better than you but you can try to work harder to beat them and avoid showing your jealousy to them.
Professional jealousy is everywhere in all working place and business , and i really believe its good sometimes because it brings competition among workers and it brings positive outcomes to work.

Lol. I can't stop laughing as this is my first ever time to heard the phrase professional jealousy. Although the salary part has always brought so many issues to some people.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds