Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How does it feel to fire someone?

It's never a good feeling to have to fire someone, no matter how detrimental their presence in the organization may be. But it must be done if it will be in the best interest of the organization.
Lol there are people who begs to fire someone. They love that feeling, and to me firing the bad apple in an organization I'll never feel bad about it

Advertisement Placeholder
Managers or business owners, how does it feel like to discipline an employee and then ultimately fire them? Do you feel emotional, especially if you're losing a friend? Business and friends/family should be kept separate for this reason.
It feels good if the person is a bad employee because condoning a bad employee is bad for a business and it is better to let him or her ho than spoil a business so its feels so good.

I've always wished never to be fired/sacked because it can be very embarrassing making one to feel belittled. To some who can't cope with being sacked could go as far as reducing their self esteem but to others it's a challenge for a better future.

You're thinking of feeling very guilty when firing someone, don't feel so. You didn't break any rule firing the person, the person was the one who break the rules that got him the firing

Lol there are people who begs to fire someone. They love that feeling, and to me firing the bad apple in an organization I'll never feel bad about it
Those bad apples have dependents. Their dependents are not responsible for their misbehaviors but they will suffer the consequence when the breadwinner is fired. That is why it is never a good feeling for me to fire someone.

Managers or business owners, how does it feel like to discipline an employee and then ultimately fire them? Do you feel emotional, especially if you're losing a friend? Business and friends/family should be kept separate for this reason.
I have fired an employee who made it a habit to be late for work everyday, despite the fact that her house was a stone throw and being given several warnings.
I was emotional for the first few days though.

Let me also ask this question hypothetically. Would you be feeling guilty firing someone or a staff member of yours in your business for stealing from your business? I don't know what your answer tomthat will be, but mine will be no I won't feel guilty

If i had to fire a friend, i would feel unhappy for sometime.
That is why friends and families are better left out of personal businesses.
For an employee who i had queried several times, on firing him or her, i would feel more relaxed and comfortable.

Of course, it will never be a good feeling to fire someone.

I have not been in the position of sacking someone. But I don't think I will be happy doing that. But if sacking is the last or only option then I don't have choice buy to do the needful.

To get fired can be very painful sometimes, hurting and heartbreaking especially if if happens suddenly without any fore notice.
It can demoralize someone and affect the career development if not addressed

How does it feel to fire someone?
I've never experienced that... But I think it depends on the reason you fired them maybe because they aren't competent in their field of work.

It takes a lot because that feeling that you have ended the person's career and your friend is somebody jobless can kill you overnight the don't take time but at the very best you will be doing the right thing to help your company organisation grow everybody need to work for an organisation to grow

Firing someone is always a bad or sad feeling, the person in that situation will be in a very terrible state but before a person can be fired there must be something he or she has done wrong expect the person who did just want to be wicked

Well, it doesn't always feel okay as it's kinda looks like you're taking the person's source of income but there is no need keeping incompetent employees in your company. They all need to be flushed out

Firing someone is never easy to someone who has a good conscience, but some people take delight in relieving someone of his or her appointment due to their attitude. However, I won't feel bad about firing a bad egg in my organization.

It is not easy to fire someone because it requires a lot of courage and most times you would want to reconsider especially if it is someone you know very well

It is not easy to fire someone because it requires a lot of courage and most times you would want to reconsider especially if it is someone you know very well
Yeah,I know that feeling. It's worst especially if it's someone you really have a good relationship with but the truth is that there is no friend in business, when someone starts becoming a liability then you've got to get rid of it

Firing someone from a position is not a less thing to do unless the person makes it easier to be sacked by probably going things that may bring the fall of the business. Even at that, it is not easy.

Although i've never fired anyone before, i feel firing someone will not be a good experience. I feel that one would feel bad and guilty for a long time. I hope i never find myself in that situation.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds