Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How does it feel to fire someone?

Managers or business owners, how does it feel like to discipline an employee and then ultimately fire them? Do you feel emotional, especially if you're losing a friend? Business and friends/family should be kept separate for this reason.
Well it's very emotional and painful if the person involve is a very good friend of yours and also if the person in not working up to his standard in the work assigned to

Advertisement Placeholder
It even becomes more punishing when that person has dependents. You just know right in your mind that the person won't suffer the consequence alone, his or her dependents will suffer it too.
It's a very pathetic situation for someone that have dependents to be sacked by an employer of labour as it can go a long way in demoralizing such kind of a person has the responsibility will definitely weigh him or her down.

It is a very hard decision to make because you are depriving that people have their source of livelihood but then it is something that you just have to do to preserve your business.

Managers or business owners, how does it feel like to discipline an employee and then ultimately fire them? Do you feel emotional, especially if you're losing a friend? Business and friends/family should be kept separate for this reason.
It all depends on the reason you have to fire that employer. I once sacked a worker that nearly ruined my business or rather ruined it. I felt happy asking her to leave.. It took two years to revive the business back

It is a very hard decision to make because you are depriving that people have their source of livelihood but then it is something that you just have to do to preserve your business.
Firing someone is the hardest decision i will even make in my life simply because I dont like frustrating and being the source of sadness to a family if I sack a member of my workers.

There is nothing new about firing someone out of your business ,sometimes all these things are really necessary if you are thinking of protecting the interests of your business and protecting it at large.

Someone who is fired will not feel happy, it sometimes affect the family of the victim by not be able to live normal life because they are dependants

Depends, did the employee go wrong? If yes there's no problem with that. But in the other way, it's the most difficult thing to do, but it must be done

It's a decision that needs to be made by the business owners andfiring someone that isn't competent in their job shouldn't make one feel bad because if one person is slacking the effort of others won't be valued.

Well, it depends on the circumstances that led to it.If the person was really incompetent and failed to step up after queries, I might not feel so bad about it,but if it is on the grounds that we have to let some staff go because we can't pay them anymore,I will feel so bad about it.

Someone who is fired will not feel happy, it sometimes affect the family of the victim by not be able to live normal life because they are dependants
The thing is that the one that is firing someone would be feeling like a boss but the one that is being fired would not be happy but he or she can take solace in the fact that he can get another job and even he can get a better job than the one he or she lost

Seriously you the boss will definitely feel.very bad talk more of the worker it will be a very serious case very sad and not good at all but that is the only alternative when the employee fails to correct his mistakes.

I think for someone like me it will be hard to fire someone, I consider myself an emotional person. For me to take that step that means you must have done something terrible.

Although it may feel bad considering if the person had a family to take care of but when you get to look at what the person did wrong again you realize the person actually defiled the law because you can fire a worker for no good reason

Some conditions brings about that,their are times you don't have a say even as the manager because that is the only option for that condition,but the feeling is always bad

True, we humans are of different behaviours and nay often step on each other's toes but I still wouldn't know how to fire an employee if I was in the position.

I've not seen retrospectively been in such position before. Before I can fire someone it means the person must have faced a disciplinary action and was cautioned. If the action persist, or the offence is sexual assault I won't feel any sympathy.

Have not fired anyone before but I do feel for those that are been fired because it is always sad, some people who do fired another person are always feeling sorry and some do take it as a pleasure

As for my experience, whenever I have to fire anyone, I make sure it has been someone whom I have given strict warnings twice or thrice, if same offence still occurs then I will definitely feel no remorse firing the employee, I won't want my business to fail due to the issues caused by an employee

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds