Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How does it feel to fire someone?

I have never fired anybody from my business before but then I understand how difficult this is going to be because you will be depriving them of a source of livelihood. This is also something you have to do to save your business.

Advertisement Placeholder
Normally, relieving someone of his or her job will lead to relieving him or her for his source of earning a living. And one shouldn't feel good about it. But for the sake of one's business, one should sack whoever presence serves as being detrimental to the progress of the business

Yes it is never easy to relieve someone of his job. It is even harder if such s staff was committed to his job but you still have to do it because of financial constraints.

Apart from that, since the economical situation of my country is bad, it would feel really bad to fire someone. people in here are struggling to get low-paying jobs, how can they get a job that pays well? This makes it harder to take the decision to fire someone.

This is a kind of feelings that comes from the mind when the system can no longer tolerate it. To fire some one off his job is a sign or kind of misconduct that brings a kind of set back to the place of work.

It's never a good feeling to have to fire someone, no matter how detrimental their presence in the organization may be. But it must be done if it will be in the best interest of the organization.
As long as the worker of a company deserve to be sacked as a result of not doing his or her duty very well I don't think there is anything that can be done to prevent that from happening.

Apart from that, since the economical situation of my country is bad, it would feel really bad to fire someone. people in here are struggling to get low-paying jobs, how can they get a job that pays well? This makes it harder to take the decision to fire someone.
The economy isn't getting any better like you just said. However, I believe certain decisions must be taken in the interest of business survival no matter how difficult it might be.

How does it feel to fire someone actually I haven't been in any of this position before and I don't think there should be pleasure derived in firing someone.
Though i have not fired anybody as a manager of a company, I just warned them whenever they go astray because firing someone is like killing him or her because many people are also benefiting from the employee .

Concerning how does it feel to fire someone. Well, I have not been in the position or office to have someone sacked before, but I know it won't be a good feeling because am someone is who is emotional and considerate, I rather have such person warned or suspended for a while. There would be a lot of thinking that would have circulated on my head before I can sack someone
I've not actually been in that position to fire someone but I have a very good friend who is a manager in the company and he actually told me exactly how it feels which is like he felt sick in your stomach as a result of doing that.

The economy isn't getting any better like you just said. However, I believe certain decisions must be taken in the interest of business survival no matter how difficult it might be.

People should never rely on the government in order to solve problems rather than relying on the government, people should start helping each other in such kind of difficult times. The government has no capability to produce jobs. I live in a country where you cannot expect such things from the government, unfortunately.

People should never rely on the government in order to solve problems rather than relying on the government, people should start helping each other in such kind of difficult times. The government has no capability to produce jobs. I live in a country where you cannot expect such things from the government, unfortunately.
Well, I understand your point. Even though we shouldn't rely on government alone for them to create jobs, at least they should provide a business friendly economy that will make entrepreneurs able to start up their businesses with ease.

its contradicting to fire some so far the person itsnt competent to his duty failure to be delegent in discharging his duty or base on the interests of the organisation
Some employers are actually very wicked when it means that they have to fire some of their workers as a result of them not delivering on their job in such a way that they do it without any kind of remorse.

Well, I understand your point. Even though we shouldn't rely on government alone for them to create jobs, at least they should provide a business friendly economy that will make entrepreneurs able to start up their businesses with ease.

The overall conditions of businesses in a country depend on the government but the decisions made by the government are not in our hands, unfortunately. We also have the option to move away from the country, but not all the people can do that.

It depends on what the person did, if it is a very offensive case, the person will also expect to be fired and the boss who fire him will feel normal because it is to teach the employee a lesson in the future.

The overall conditions of businesses in a country depend on the government but the decisions made by the government are not in our hands, unfortunately. We also have the option to move away from the country, but not all the people can do that.
Definitely not everyone can move out even though majority would love to. There is also the option of staying back to develop the country by participating in the leadership process.

This is very true for someone who actually have a good conscience towards their fellow human being because it's never really easy for you to fire someone from getting paid by doing their work.
I think it is regrettable, since it creates friendship, affection and respect among colleagues, however, when it is necessary to dismiss for the benefit of the company, it should not be postponed and should be acted upon accordingly.

I've never had to fire someone before, but if an employee is truly trying to kill me as a boss, I don't think I'll have the heart to fire them; instead, I'll delegate the task to another senior colleague.
[automerge]1640198802[/automerge]
I've never had to fire someone before, but if an employee is truly trying to kill me as a boss, I don't think I'll have the heart to fire them; instead, I'll delegate the task to another senior colleague.

I think it is regrettable, since it creates friendship, affection and respect among colleagues, however, when it is necessary to dismiss for the benefit of the company, it should not be postponed and should be acted upon accordingly.
One of the qualities of being an effective manager is the ability to take decisions that is in the interest of the organization no matter how difficult it may be. There are some things in life that must be done no matter the feelings involved.

It is not always good to get fired from the place of work. It can trigger series of negative effects on the person getting involved. It can even lead to depression if those effects linger for a long time.

Naturally firing people or your staff is a not a good thing always but sometimes it's really especially when it is NEC and needed. The feeling depends on the situation or how the person is or what the person has done that led to that

In my case, it is terrible even if there are legal or compelling reasons. When the time comes to make a layoff, it is unfortunate, because as we spend time sharing with the employees, we get used to them. But you have to do the right thing.
There are some people who are very emotional close to being forced to sack their workers as a result of them not being needed in the company anymore which is something that they cannot allowed to keep going on.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds