Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How does it feel to fire someone?

It must feel very bad and unfortunate to fire an employee, unless you are a heartless man then it wouldn't be the same case but I'm sure that many managers wouldn't like to fire someone just like that. Sometimes you have to do it if the employee isn't working as needed but it always hurts to do such a thing, since humans must work in order to live and now this guy has to find a new job as soon as possible so he doesn't lose money. If I will ever become a manager I think it will really hurt me to fire someone, doesn't matter who this action is very upsetting to accomplish and should be the last option.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have never fired someone but I don't think I will feel good to fire someone. The feeling you will get depends on someone or the situation. Let's say a situation like a you fire someone because they did something to you so you want to hurt them back.

Reliving people of their jobs is really great sorry issue. Because once one relive a man of his source of income, definitely, others that are dependent on such salary won't be happy

It is usually a very difficult decision for one to make, but the fact is that you still feel happy knowing that someone who's not contributing to the Success of the organization has been kicked out.

Firing someone is the worst thing i have to do and thats the main reason why i don't like firing people becuase they might not have another means of livelihood in life.

It might not feel comfortable but perhaps that's the best thing to do in order to sustain and continue with the company.
It is very important to eliminate emotions and feelings in our decision making.

It might not feel comfortable but perhaps that's the best thing to do in order to sustain and continue with the company.
It is very important to eliminate emotions and feelings in our decision making.
I agree,
Sometimes it would be best to eliminate and take away the pity so that the company would grow.
Even though it is sometimes advisable to allow humanity prevail.

I agree,
Sometimes it would be best to eliminate and take away the pity so that the company would grow.
Even though it is sometimes advisable to allow humanity prevail.
Feelings could hinder is from taking the right decisions and it would be detrimental to our progress.
That is why it is good to critically analyse before doing anything.

Feelings could hinder is from taking the right decisions and it would be detrimental to our progress.
That is why it is good to critically analyse before doing anything.
Emotional stamina is quite an important quality that one should have as a leader in whatever capacity. When you can be able control your emotions you become absolutely unstoppable.

Emotional stamina is quite an important quality that one should have as a leader in whatever capacity. When you can be able control your emotions you become absolutely unstoppable.
You are right, that is why emotional intelligence is very important for one to have as a leader in whatever capacity because it would help streamline your decisions to the best.

You are right, that is why emotional intelligence is very important for one to have as a leader in whatever capacity because it would help streamline your decisions to the best.
Emotional strength is quite an important quality because leadership is not a child's play, it would stretch you to lengths you have never imagined . But once you have that mental stamina ,you would know how to control everything.

Emotional strength is quite an important quality because leadership is not a child's play, it would stretch you to lengths you have never imagined . But once you have that mental stamina ,you would know how to control everything.
That's the point, without training and educating yourself emotionally, it would be very difficult if not impossible for one to be a very good leader. Mental power is very good.

That's the point, without training and educating yourself emotionally, it would be very difficult if not impossible for one to be a very good leader. Mental power is very good.
Leader are learners and are ardent readers.
One can become a leader if one is very committed to learning about leadership , other leaders, and as well emotional intelligence.

Relieving someone from his or her duty by sacking the person is not actually a good thing because I don't feel good about hurting people , but some situation just warrant it .

Managers or business owners, how does it feel like to discipline an employee and then ultimately fire them? Do you feel emotional, especially if you're losing a friend? Business and friends/family should be kept separate for this reason.
I know it would be difficult for a manager to lose his employee but most of the time they are compelled, they need to run their business if someone is not capable for it then he should be fired.

Well for me In my own case, it is very terrible even if there are very legal or compelling reasons. When the time comes to make a layoff, it is unfortunate, because as we spend time sharing with the employees, we get used to them. But you have to do the right thing

I know it won't be a good feeling because am someone is who is emotional and considerate, I rather have such person warned or suspended for a while. There would be a lot of thinking that would have circulated on my head before I can sack someone

Even when there are legitimate or compelling reasons, it is still dreadful in my situation. Unfortunately, when the time comes to lay people off, we become used to them because we spend time with them. But you need to act morally.

Firing someone is usually a terrible feeling. It feels terrible even if the person has been warned repeatedly and had every chance to improve. It's someone's livelihood, after all, and it's tough to be the person who takes paying work away from someone

Some business owners may not even feel anything because it depends on the reason or the offence the person has committed that determines . obviously you can't just fire someone without any tangible reason.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds