Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How does it feel to fire someone?

Definitely not everyone can move out even though majority would love to. There is also the option of staying back to develop the country by participating in the leadership process.

Well, you might be motivated enough to develop your country. Unfortunately, a single person could do nothing. People as a nation should work for the betterment of the country.

Advertisement Placeholder
Firing someone at workplace is like taking away their means of livelihood and that's why its not good to fire someone but there are some instances where you don't have any choice than to fire the person.
It is will feel very sad for one to be fire a person, that person will never be happy, before a business owner can fire a person the must do something wrong.

In my case, it is terrible even if there are legal or compelling reasons. When the time comes to make a layoff, it is unfortunate, because as we spend time sharing with the employees, we get used to them. But you have to do the right thing.
In my case, it is terrible even if there are legal or compelling reasons. When the time comes to make a layoff, it is unfortunate, because as we spend time sharing with the employees, we get used to them. But you have to do the right thing.
Just exactly how I would feel. Having to fire someone just to save the company especially when the employee hasn't done any wrong should not be a something of joy. But how would you feel when firing an employee that deserves it?

Well, you might be motivated enough to develop your country. Unfortunately, a single person could do nothing. People as a nation should work for the betterment of the country.
Everyone keeps saying the same thing but I believe there is more to that. Do you think the change we really want to see in our society should begin with us or with our government officials?

Everyone keeps saying the same thing but I believe there is more to that. Do you think the change we really want to see in our society should begin with us or with our government officials?

I think the people should change themselves first. This is because when we change ourselves, we can elect better people among us and make them our leaders. I am a Muslim and our scriptures teach that God Almighty does not change the situation of a people until or unless they change themselves for better.

It depends on why I'm firing the employee. This might not be easy but keeping some persons as a staff in your firm may cause problem for your business in due time.
It will actually get very difficult for you if you are already emotionally attached with their particular employee who is to be fired but once there is no such relationship with is not going to bother you that much.

It's never a good feeling to have to fire someone, no matter how detrimental their presence in the organization may be. But it must be done if it will be in the best interest of the organization.
The truth of the matter is that is not a very good feeling for you to sack somebody from their work but when they actually deserves being fired then there is nothing you can do about it.

I think when it comes to making business decisions it is important to keep emotions asides. But the truth of the matter is keeping emotions aside can be a lot more challenging than it sounds. We have to make decisions to move the business forward.

I would not fire someone if i believe that there is still a room for improvement. I am sure that firing someone during such kind of hard times would be a bad decision both for the business and the employee. However, I can understand that sometimes people have no other option.

I have never fired anyone before and I can be sure that it is going to be a very bitter experience. This is especially if the person has been a very good employee and one in which you took in high regard.

One of the qualities of being an effective manager is the ability to take decisions that is in the interest of the organization no matter how difficult it may be. There are some things in life that must be done no matter the feelings involved.

There are some people who are very emotional close to being forced to sack their workers as a result of them not being needed in the company anymore which is something that they cannot allowed to keep going on.
Of course, that is why in my country within a company or organization, family or sentimental relationships are forbidden, since it is a limitation to take the necessary measures in favor of the company, as you describe it, this type of affection should not prevent the right decision-making.

Of course, that is why in my country within a company or organization, family or sentimental relationships are forbidden, since it is a limitation to take the necessary measures in favor of the company, as you describe it, this type of affection should not prevent the right decision-making.
It is better that way so that effective decisions can be taken without being too sentimental. After all, I am no sure there is anyone of us here who would willingly sack a close friend or relative from work.

Concerning how does it feel to fire someone. Well, I have not been in the position or office to have someone sacked before, but I know it won't be a good feeling because am someone is who is emotional and considerate, I rather have such person warned or suspended for a while. There would be a lot of thinking that would have circulated on my head before I can sack someone

Of course, firing employees wouldn't be a great thing and sometimes, one has to just overlook a lot of things and take decisions for the betterment and progress of the organization.

Well you don't have to feel bad if it happens that the person is not contributing to the progress of the company. You only feel uncomfortable if you are firing people due to negative balance of the business.

Firing an employee is always emotional, because it might be because of anger or a mutual understanding which are all part of emotions so it would depend on the actual scenerio to be sure.

Managers or business owners, how does it feel like to discipline an employee and then ultimately fire them? Do you feel emotional, especially if you're losing a friend? Business and friends/family should be kept separate for this reason.
Honesty it doesn't feel good. Someone like me will feel very bad, it assumes I have taken away the source of lively hop from the Person. But I wouldn't jeopardize the future of my business because of an ungrateful employee, I rather get he or she fired.

It depends on why I'm firing the employee. This might not be easy but keeping some persons as a staff in your firm may cause problem for your business in due time.
You actually have a very good point when it comes to the reason why you are firing an employee because if it is something that he or she brought up on herself there is nothing to feel bad about it.

I don't feel anything bad as long as the person deserve the punishment, after all I am not doing the right thing.I can never do partiality or favour some people in whatever condition they are except it is absolutely necessary.

It is never really a good reason for you not to feel bad when you fire somebody who is dependent on the job as a means of their livelihood which will put them in a situation whereby they don't have any control about what happens anymore.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds