Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How does it feel to fire someone?

Honesty it doesn't feel good. Someone like me will feel very bad, it assumes I have taken away the source of lively hop from the Person. But I wouldn't jeopardize the future of my business because of an ungrateful employee, I rather get he or she fired.
Some people a very emotional when it comes to their work and it's why whenever they get sacked it affect them psychologically and mentally in such a way that they will break down.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have not been in the position or office to have someone sacked before, but I know it won't be a good feeling because am someone is who is emotional and considerate, I rather have such person warned or suspended for a while.

I've never been in a position to sack someone before, but when an employee really want to take life out of me as a boss,I don't think I have the mind to sack,I will rather ask another senior colleague to do the needful.
From my experience it is actually a very bad feeling but it is something that you cannot run away from as long as it is your responsibility to do it which will always be for the good of the business m

I have not been in the position or office to have someone sacked before, but I know it won't be a good feeling because am someone is who is emotional and considerate, I rather have such person warned or suspended for a while.
The truth of the matter is that it is the nature of your job that determines if you would ever find yourself in the position where you would have to terminate someone's job.

Normally, it won't feel nice knowing you are taking away someone's source of income from him or her but you should know that you will have to make sacrifices and let some liabilities to your business go for the betterment of both you and the company.

i haven't been in that position before, but i know is never easy to fire an employee as a manager or a boss. there are always a reason a boss or a manager to fire an employee in the organization but what you need to observe before firing the person is "how the person knows the organization".

Normally, it won't feel nice knowing you are taking away someone's source of income from him or her but you should know that you will have to make sacrifices and let some liabilities to your business go for the betterment of both you and the company.
I pray I don't find myself in the situation where I have to fire someone because its like taking away their means of livelihood and leaving them empty handed with nothing .

The feeling of firing someone will only depend on individuals but that individual must consider the contract signed between them. Firstly you cannot fire someone without a reason, hearing and warnings.

Yes, it really hurts and you will felt very sad but you dont really have any other options. sometimes our employees makes us to sack or fire them from work with intention by failing to abide by the rules and regulations of the organisation.

Though its very bad to be sacking a member of your organisation but there are times that the organisation needed to saving hat particular person in order for business to survive

Actually to fired someone is not as that 3asy as people think. For someone who has compassion on human dont felt it much easy because he believes that is a way to someone survival.

Firing someone at the place of work is always a bad experience for me , though I haven't done it before , but some of the time , some workers needed to be sack in order to save the image of the business

Actually it's not easy to fired someone from his own job but sometimes circumstances makes such things to happen. it's not easy actually but sometimes there is no any other option than to do so.

Although I am not yet a boss talk less of knowing how it feels to fire someone. All I know is that firing someone depends on his or her offense that will determine whether the boss to be happy or sad.

It is never an easy thing for you to deprive somebody of a way of living and that is usually exact scenario. This is why it is advisable that every place you have rules and regulation so that you will know that what you are doing is being justified .
I am never going to feel happy if I am going to be put in the position of cycling somebody one day. It is just that at the end of the day you will have to do it because you care about your business and you will not want you to crumble.

Last edited:
Firing an employee is a bad experience which I always try to avoid but you just have to take that step sometimes just in order to keep the company safe from drowning.

I am happy that I have not been made to be put into that kind of condition before. Sacking somebody in your business especially someone who has been very important to the growth is something that is very difficult to do no matter the kind of offence.

I think firing someone from work can make you feel emotional if your company is going through some serious financial crisis, and you can't afford giving salaries to them.

On the other hand, if you are firing someone from their job because of their dishonesty or extremely bad behavior at the workplace, then you don't need to feel emotional for your decision.

This is how you will teach them, what's acceptable and what's not.

I know it is really sad to fire someone most especially if he or she is really contributing to the growth of your or companies business, but if it is some one who usually bring the companies down. I personally will feel normal, no shaking.

to fire someone is really a bad event or happening. I know how it hurts when one is fired.. that's the sole reason before I could fire any of my employee, I would make sure I warn him or her well

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds