Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do employees measure the impact of their work

Especially when goals are more about quality, ‘management by objectives’ works well. Using this employee performance measurement technique means you should sit down with your team members and set goals.

Seriously, when it comes to how you know about the work output of your business staff, I believe that it's something that is very easy to find out because results speaks for itself.

Advertisement Placeholder
The method you mentioned should be the best method but most employer won't use that because it doesn't really favour them. It will be very hard for the employer to really pay employees their actual worth. So measuring per hour will reduce their cost.
If I am to measure I think I will do it base on the tasks they are to complete on daily basis, from there you can understand if they are actually working or not .doing it hourly may not be the best since they are not working every hour.

Well, the thing is when it comes to working and how it can be recognized i believe, when you are in an establishment there are certain things that not you but people will see and notice when you deliver on your task, the truth is in any work or place in as much as you are doing what you ought to do there is going to be no issue neither will you have cause to worry because your work will speak for you.

The best way to measure the work one is doing is to check the productiveness of the work. If the work is really productive you should be able to determine your work and success

If I am to measure I think I will do it base on the tasks they are to complete on daily basis, from there you can understand if they are actually working or not .doing it hourly may not be the best since they are not working every hour.
That's better. Calculating based on the number of works done per day is better than using time. Because as you conceded, there are some workers that will not work effectively and will still be expecting their wages.

That's better. Calculating based on the number of works done per day is better than using time. Because as you conceded, there are some workers that will not work effectively and will still be expecting their wages.
Lolz, that is why in a standard business organisation all things are organised in a way that everyone has their own responsibilities, in this case you will not allowed your responsibilities for others to do.

Lolz, that is why in a standard business organisation all things are organised in a way that everyone has their own responsibilities, in this case you will not allowed your responsibilities for others to do.
That structure of a business is the main core of it. Everyone has got their own share of responsibilities, and if everyone in the business works according to that, the organisation will run smoothly and prosper in future.

Management based on goals. This is most likely the most frequent method of evaluating employee performance. Goals are set on a regular basis, such as every quarter, and reassessed at the conclusion of the goal period. The progress toward each target is then scored, and new objectives are created.

Employees can measure the impact of there work through productivity. If there productivity is here compared to the resources to out into the business, then I believe it will be easy for them to measure the impact of there work

Yes one can measure the impact of their contributions to the company by their contributions and positive Innovation in the organizations improvement and not actually by the hours they put in indeed

Well, in my opinion if the company is having increased sales as a result of the good impact the workers are investing with their time and energy in the company's work, it's a good sign.
You are right, when workers invested a good amount of their energy in a business, the results is always better and will show in the quality of products the company will deliver.

That structure of a business is the main core of it. Everyone has got their own share of responsibilities, and if everyone in the business works according to that, the organisation will run smoothly and prosper in future.
In this case there Is likely to be no competition and jealousy in a business because all the modern business organisation, everything are organised in a way that everyone faces their own responsibilities.

The impact of their work can greatly be felt by the quality of work they have presented and how appreciable it has been from clients

You are right, when workers invested a good amount of their energy in a business, the results is always better and will show in the quality of products the company will deliver.

Seriously as a business owner you will be able to know when your workers are actually putting in the best effort in order to promote your business and also know when they are not offering their best when your business is not going well.

Employees can measure the impact of their work by the growth of the business or company. If sales are improving, then they will surely know they are doing well.

Employee efficiency is measured by what they produce, hours spent to produce them, then quality of their production. Employees capability can also be measured by comparison. Comparing the work done by employee A and the work done by employee B
The impact of a work done by an employee can be measured by a set goals before any given job,and then engagement of a required process to acheive those set task,and after completion,doing an evaluation to determine if the goal and standard has been meet.

Your narration is applicable to result oriented manager. Some don't want to consider whether you finished the task on time , they want to see you work vigorously and not considering the fact that you have finished your job for the day. This is so disheartening.

Different employers use different means to measure the effectiveness of their workers. Some only rely on their output while some do consider the time they can work. Others are only concerned with how best they can work in new environments.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds