Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do employees measure the impact of their work

They measure the impact of business by their productivity. They should access their self how has their work been when compared to their colleague
That true, their personal or individual productivity can be used to measure and determine their impact in the business. I know of some who set targets for themselves on what they plan to achieve on a specific period of time

Advertisement Placeholder
Well every employee knows the ability of his or her work in an organisation but the capacity of an employee is been rated by the official assigned to monitor staffs.

Depending on the type of work, there are some employees who just want to make sure that they complete their job, but they don't care if it is done well or not.
They just want to complete and get their pay, such employees do not contribute to the growth of any business

By using rating scales
Tracking of digital trials
Team performance
Peer appraisals
Management by objectives
External evaluators
By quantity and quality.

I can measure their effectiveness/work impact if they are able to complete all given tasks within the specified or given deadlines, not just completion but achieving the expected results within such deadline. By this you understand how effective the employee is, you also understand how prepared he is for bigger tasks ahead.

Measure employee effectiveness based on their contribution, instead of how many hours per day they need to work to complete their tasks, by that same token, if you find that your employees are getting all their work done in an hour or two per day
This is a situation where there is no easy way to do this. If they have different responsibilities and fields of expertise, it would make more sense to use different parameters

Measure employee effectiveness based on their contribution, instead of how many hours per day they need to work to complete their tasks, by that same token, if you find that your employees are getting all their work done in an hour or two per day
Employees can measure the impact of their work when productivity is boosted.
One can work hours and still not achieve a thing, the impact therefore is zero.
Once results are achieved, the impact of the work done can be measured.

As an employee, measuring the impact your isn't just only about the hour or short time you were able to complete the task assignment to you. You can also measure it by how impactful is your contribution to the organization. It helps a lot.

Measuring the impact of employee experience is not easy — but it’s totally possible. Thanks to new tools, technology and an increasing agreement that people strategies impact business results, we’re getting closer to elevating the employee experience to a board-level business strategy. But doing so requires you to think about the entire spectrum of what you can measure.

Yes I agree with your view. Employees's performance or output should be assessed by the quality of their end product or delivery of tasks on time and not by the number of hours they spend working.

Ways of measure employees effectively should be on thier contribution and productivity. How they have been able to effectively liaised and increased the customer base of the company. Also feedback from customers is also a ways of knowing the effectiveness of employees.

Most times it is usually based on the work the employees are able to cover within a particular time. This gives them an edge among other employees.

The best way to measure the performance of work is to see the impact or the result of the work. If the work brought favorable results, you can rate it successful and if it brought unfavorable results you can rate it unsuccessful.

The are so many ways an employee can measure his work but the most important is the value he is adding, if an employee realizes that his employer can't do without him than it shows that he is very good worker

Employee measure the impact of their work on a business through the growth of a business. If the business experienced a rapid growth it could be by the hardwork of the employee.

By revisiting the goals, vision and mission outlined if it has been achieved. Also, the attitude of workers to work and the productivity achieved.
Personally I think employees can measure the impact of their work by evaluating the results achieved.
Poor results mean poor impact and vice versa.

Employees can measure the impact of their work by determining their effectiveness.
Look at how fast they were able to achieve the best results within the shortest possible time.
Run a check on their contributions too.

Multiple outcomes define your impact as an employee. We live in an outcome-based world. Your manager and organisation are seeking specific results from you.

Employers who are serious about their business always find out ways to reward their employees that are working hard to move the business forward. Employees will be well aware that they are adding value to the company when they receive bonuses, increase in salary or other form of compensation to reward them for their services to the business

You're absolutely correct. I for one when I was working wasn't pleased when I was constantly being judged based on the amount of hours I put into work.
I wouldn't judge based on the hours my employees put in. I'll measure instead based on their contribution like you rightly said.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds