Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How can I start fish farming business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fish farms operate for the purpose of raising fish for commercial and residential sales. Many different kinds of fish can be raised in controlled environments, from table fare to exotic tropical species. In addition to growing fish for the purpose of harvesting and selling them to restaurants, many fish farms also serve as fun places where families and individuals can go to fish in the ponds and catch their own supper.

Advertisement Placeholder
How to start step fish farming
Step 1: Select Opposite Land Area. The first step in this process is to choose a good land. ...
Step 2: Pond design and construction. ...
Step 3: Selection of fish species. ...
Step 4: Feed the fish. ...
Step 5: Harvest the fish. ...
Step 6: Marketing the fish

Step 1:
Select an Apposite Land Area. The first step in this process is selecting a good land area. ..
Step 2:
Pond Design and Construction.
Step 3:
Selecting the Fish Species.
Step 4:
Feeding the Fish.
Step5:
Fish Harvesting.
Step6:
Marketing the Fish.

How to start step fish farming
Step 1: Select Opposite Land Area. The first step in this process is to choose a good land.
Step 2: Pond design and construction.
Step 3: Selection of fish species.
Step 4: Feed the fish.
Step 5: Harvest the fish.
Step 6: Marketing the fish

I've been to many places to see different types of fish ponds, and I fell in love with the business. I need an advice on how to start such business.
First of all, for fish farming, I need you to have a good place where you can easily store water. Find a place where your water can be stored for a long time. For fish farming, it is important that you change the water from time to time, which is very important for the growth of fish.

Fish farming needs timing and monitoring. You need to be there to change their water,feed them at the given time. And I even learnt that their food is a bit expensive. You need to separate the older ones so they don't end up eaten all of themselves. You will need a good space with water availability.

I've been to many places to see different types of fish ponds, and I fell in love with the business. I need an advice on how to start such business.
The business of fish farming is very good business in the world. I also wanted to start this business. Farming need a comfortable pool which is filled with water and free food.we can earn millions of dollars from fish farming business every month.the demanding of fishes is very high in winter season. It is very good business I suggest you please do this business.

Initial capital needed. You look for land after you might have considered where you get the young fishes. Consider availability of water or did your borehole. Their food and other things. You must also consider security after all these , then start the construction

Fish farming is the in thing that most graduate are engaging themselves into now, because it is highly lucrative and it is mostly consumed by most people.
It has alot of health benefits,you can start with little amount of money. I heard it not that huge amount you need to start with.
It is important to have knowledge of the capital to invest @Abbeyola , the truth is I have no idea. But if you know, knowledge is essential to be able to manage and maintain psychulture. The demand is high in many countries, because as you say, most people consume it, due to its high content of benefits.

I would say it is a lovely and lively business to get involved in. But it is also complicated at times. So, the first thing to do is to acquire knowledge through seminar, workshops where the practical is done. Get all necessary things ready and then, employ a hand that can be there with you for about 6-12 months. This will give you opportunity to know things like sorting, airation etc

You must determine for yourself how to begin with the pond kind. By using concrete ponds, you will have more expense than an earth pond. Second, you need to decide the water source to be used. If you are in a region you need a lot of money to make water always available. This also defines where your pools are situated. You can do research on them too by taking several more steps

If you are planning for a commercial fish farming business, no doubt fish farming is a more profitable venture. In a commercial fish farming business plan, first need to study about the process of farming fish for a good profits.

Market analysis and business plan are the must to initiate a fish farming business. You should do an intensive market research before getting into it. Then analyze the local market trends and demand for type of fishes. If you are planning for commercial fish farming business for exporting, then talk to fish processing units prior. Choosing exact fish species for your business to get success in fish farming business. Choose fish species for farming depends on the climatic conditions, market demand, maintenance point of view, and as per the availability of resources etc.

When you want to start fish farming firstly you need a large land space. Then you consider the capacity of fish you want to rare in other word capacity. Then decide on the type of pond you want earth pond build up or trampoline pond.

Start a fish farm by following these 9 steps:
  1. STEP 1: Plan your business. ...
  2. STEP 2: Form a legal entity. ...
  3. STEP 3: Register for taxes. ...
  4. STEP 4: Open a business bank account & credit card. ...
  5. STEP 5: Set up business accounting. ...
  6. STEP 6: Obtain necessary permits and licenses. ...
  7. STEP 7: Get business insurance. ...
  8. STEP 8: Define your brand

I believe since you have been around to see other people's farm, you must have gathered experience from those visits. The next is to get a good location where there's availability of water and space. I also want to believe that you have enough capital to begin this business.

You can start fishing business by first go for fishing training, learn how it works, capital requires, how to avoid loss, how to maximize your profits and many more things. You need to know. Learn very well before going into it

Honestly this is not something you can go into without proper knowledge about the business.i know someone who invest millions but to today the farm is just a shadow of it self.he went into it without the proper knowledge and he end up spending money without getting anything in return.

Starting a fish farming involve

1. Get some training
2.get a space for a pond
3. Get nets
4. Get the water running
5. Get enough feeds
6. Get treatments
7. Get the fingerlings

I would advice you get someone who knows the ups and downs of the business. And tell him or her to train you and tell you all you need to know to stand. Because it looks easy from the outside but then a lot could go wrong in six months.

As said you have been to different places and seen different fish ponds, which made you fall in love with the business. I would advise that you you go to those people who are already running the business, seek advice from them, try to know how they started and probably the challenges they faced, and then you can come and set up your own business plann, so that you will be able to successfully run the business and gain from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds