Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How can I start fish farming business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been to many places to see different types of fish ponds, and I fell in love with the business. I need an advice on how to start such business.
Yes I can say fish farming is a lucrative business which requires time, patience and money. One must be ready to take risks if you must venture into this kind if business.
It is very important to carry out feasibility study on fish farming business if you want to venture into it . This help ascertain what you would need in order to equip yourself in order to achieve positive results in fish farming business.

Advertisement Placeholder
Starting a fish farm may not be as difficult as you think. The first thing you need to get is a wide space of land which is more important for the setup
To sell the fish is very good business you can purchase different kind of fish and sell it different price build a pond and buy a small fish give the feed to the fish and after 3 mnth you sell it and get good profits and also advertising the different fish through social media to put the picture of fish on whatsaap Facebook and sources and manage it easily

Fish farming is a lucrative business all you need to do is get a good location for your farm get a good source of water,decide the right species of fish for you but first consider the climate and the fish they consume more of but before going into it ensure you have better knowledge of it

I will never advise you to go into something you don't have a deep understanding about, fish farming is not easy as you think you need to take your time and learn from expert so you will be good at it ,although is profitable but learn it very well to avoid lost.

You need to first decide whether you’re starting your fish business on a small scale or youre going big.
If you’re starting a small scale fish farm, you may decide to start at your backyard with tank but if you’re going big, you may need to buy or rent one or few fish ponds (earthen or concrete ponds) outside your home i like a fish farm business.

Although, am not in line with fish farming business but you should talk to those that are in line with it to put you through and I know that, fish farming business is good business as well. Though, you need capital to start it because you need pond and the feed that you will buy to feed them.

Fish farming is very profitable. As in other types of agriculture, the level of profit is seldom excessive. Fish farming is a good retirement activity. Running a fish farm requires hard physical work and can be stressful.
As a rough guide, assuming production of 3000 pounds of catfish per acre sold wholesale to a fish processing plant, at least $3,000 per acre will be required for start up and operating costs. This includes minimal or shared equipment, low cost pond construction, feed and fingerlings.

There are several ways you need to start fish farming. Fish farming business is always booming when you are in the riverine areas. Like in Nigeria we have Cross River State, bayelsa state and Rivers State. Cross River State has a large number of fish farmers, and of course these people make a whole lot of gain. So you will need to have some starting capital in order to relocate to these places.

Fish farming is a good business that can be done by people of different age and this business can be done either in a small scale or going big. To start up a fish farming you have to put into consideration the area you want to set up, look at the topography of the area. The second thing is availability of water for the pond and you must also consider a place with good drainage system to avoid pollution of the environment.

It's a good idea, but I think you should concentrate on who your goal marker is in the first place. Depending on the type of fish you raise, consumer types can differ. If you raise fish for sport, re-stock or consumer goods, the foundation would be larger companies that need more fish. Some customers may also include federal or state agencies that replenish natural resource depletions.

I've been to many places to see different types of fish ponds, and I fell in love with the business. I need an advice on how to start such business.
To start fish farming business,I will advise you go for the training or employ an expert for guidance,have in mind it's capital intensive and needs concentration.the too roi in the business is high.

Fish farming business is very profitable and the lucrative as people are in search of starting fish farming business most of them has invested their and are still investing more to develop and more progress achievement but I will suggest to you that start this business with low amount of money e you will get know by doing this that you are are able to face more loss or not maybe you get the point that you can invest more to get profit after taking a risk because without taking risk you cannot go to the success part

Starting a fish farming business is quite easy and requires little capital, I myself have a fish farm near my house and I use it as a side business, the only thing is it is quite stressful. Well to start it up you will need some space, get some fish feed and ponds.

You are right. The first thing about business is to have a knowledge about it, then capital is another thing that can a business easy to start. Fish farming require a place where there is good water always available without any contaminate.
It's like this @Ridorz , many people believe that with capital they can start any business. But money I think that although it is often difficult to get it, it is the easiest part. You must have extensive knowledge in the area in which you want to undertake, in this way you can solve any situation that arises.

Starting every business requires making a business plan and performing some certain requirements so before you start a fish farming business you have to make a business plan then consult experts after that get the facilities and fingerings required for the business

Fish farming is a good business to ever be started by any determined person in Nigeria.... But you need to get a good location, and also make sure that you have market for the supply of your products.... By the way you need to make sure you have adequate security for your fish

Fish farming requires time, patience and money, a lucrative business. If you have to enter this kind of market, you have to be willing to take risks.
If you want to participate in it, it is very important to do a feasibility study on fish farming. This helps to find out what you need to equip yourself to produce good results in fish farming.

Fish farms operate for the purpose of raising fish for commercial and residential sales. Many different kinds of fish can be raised in controlled environments, from table fare to exotic tropical species. In addition to growing fish for the purpose of harvesting and selling them to restaurants, many fish farms also serve as fun places where families and individuals can go to fish in the ponds and catch their own supper.

Before you go any step further, I will advise you to visit as many as possible fish ponds around you and get to talk to the owners and operator of those business. He them talk about fish to you and see things in real time right infront of you.
Above will help you to see various form or type of pond and the reasons behind it. You will get to see concrete pond, open earth pond, rubber ponds and many more.
Then go for the necessary skill acquisition based on your selected type of pond that suits your intended pond set up.
Above are the foundation needed (ok m eating in yourself) before you invest any capital into the pond

The first thing you need to start the fish farming business, knowledge or an expert who knows about fish to keep them healthy without contamination and with good nutrition, apart from the capital to invest
Fish farming is the in thing that most graduate are engaging themselves into now, because it is highly lucrative and it is mostly consumed by most people.
It has alot of health benefits,you can start with little amount of money. I heard it not that huge amount you need to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds