Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How aware are you of your rights as a consumer?

I'm not sure I always knew beyond the "customer is always right/king" cliche. But I feel each businesses has its own rules and conditions that every customer is supposed to adapt to when it comes to using their products and services.

Advertisement Placeholder
I'm not sure I always knew beyond the "customer is always right/king" cliche. But I feel each businesses has its own rules and conditions that every customer is supposed to adapt to when it comes to using their products and services.
You are actually correct. Each business has its own set of rules. Let's take for example shopping online, there are rules whereby a customer is entitled to in terms of returning products or even buying products.

You are actually correct. Each business has its own set of rules. Let's take for example shopping online, there are rules whereby a customer is entitled to in terms of returning products or even buying products.
That is why every potential customer should always endeavor to read and understand the terms and conditions or privacy policy that comes with each product or service.

There is consumer rights over here but there is no power to back it up. This is reason why most of the business over here are getting away cheating the customers. They believe that nobody will call them to order. They belief in bribing the authority personnel's when you try to raise an issue against their product or services.

I'd like to think I'm aware of my rights as a consumer especially when I'm making purchases or just doing some transactions. It is important that as consumer we know our right, so that when some company don't act right, you put them in place.

To be frank with the issue I know my basic rights as a consumer but I cannot demand my rights when the seller cannot be identified. When I purchased an action camera from an online store (as advertised in Facebook) I complained that the camera was defective. But the seller even blocked me in Facebook. I did not pursue because I know the government cannot enforce the law on such scamming sellers.

I don't really know much about my right as a customer's but what I understand is that customers has the right to request for quality products and so many other things .. A customers at the other hands also have the right to complain or report to the authorities when services provided to them is harmful or can cause health challenge.

There is consumer rights over here but there is no power to back it up. This is reason why most of the business over here are getting away cheating the customers. They believe that nobody will call them to order. They belief in bribing the authority personnel's when you try to raise an issue against their product or services.
You are right , as a consumer you have the right over a product that can implicate or kill you , but there's no power to exercise the right because you can't fight with big company and win.

I'm more or less aware of my rights as a consumer. However, some of these rights often get sidelined for convenience. We have a price tag law in my country which provides that all items for retail sale to the public should have an appropriate price tag and that the items should not be sold at a higher price than the one indicated on the price tag. Alternatively, where this is not practical, businesses may place the price near the product's location, a common practice in supermarkets. Not all businesses strictly follow this law. Sometimes, they neglect changing the price tag on the shelves or on the product itself. Worse, their database in the price checker sometimes indicates a different price from that shown in the POS checkout counter. Thus, it's not uncommon for consumers to pay a higher price for some items. Consumers can file complaints but, considering the price difference, and the tedious process involved, consumers would just usually pay the amount.​

As a consumer, some of your basic rights under the Consumer Protection Act are:

• You are entitled to a cooling off period.
  • Remedies must be timely.
  • If you are sent goods you did not ask for, you do not have to accept or pay for them.
  • Contracts must be clear and comprehensible.
  • Sales incentives may not be false, misleading or deceptive.
  • Deliveries must be made on time.

I don't really know much about my right as a customer's but what I understand is that customers has the right to request for quality products and so many other things .. A customers at the other hands also have the right to complain or report to the authorities when services provided to them is harmful or can cause health challenge.
As a customer , I know I don't have the right to overstep my boundaries and i know that I can return a goo that's not satisfyable , not good for my health , and that can spoilt.

As most businesses have certain obligations that they need to fill in order to make you happy, how aware are you of your rights as a consumer?
Hmmm, that right depends on the kind of seller and environment you find your self. Where the business is monopolized your right remains a mere word and won't be put into action. Right exist but how it is protecte is want matters

I am very much aware of my right as a customer but the usage and display of such right depends on the country or the policies of the government on the protection of individuals right concerning their needs.
As long as the money is still in the hand of my customers they are always right because my purpose is to actually get the money in their hand into my business bank account.

I am very much aware of the right of a customer. A customer has the right to be sold the product he requested for without any form of deceit. A customer also has the right to return a bad product.
The truth of the matter is that I know that as long as I have my money the decision is in my hands to buy whatever then I want to buy where I want to buy it from and how much I want to buy it depending on my budget.

Majority of the producer over here usually violate consumers right. This is happening because consumers don't know their own right in the marketplace. Someone can only fight for his or her right when he knows them. Another thing is that there is no protection for consumer from the government.

I'm aware of my rights as a consumer but the location where one finds oneself would determine to a great extent too of those right would be successfully implemented or not

I know my right as a customer and I don't joke with it. In as much as every business person out there wants to make profit, customers right should be considered important too.
Some company that really value their customers very well actually give them customers education to know their basic rights when it comes to dealing with any business.

One thing is that in nigeria people don't know that consumers have right because the government isn't making the right awareness for them to know so a company can produce anything to sell and that is it.
Seriously there is nothing like customers education in my country which is why most businessman take advantage of customers and treat them they were the ones because they don't actually know their right.

As a customer , I know I don't have the right to overstep my boundaries and i know that I can return a goo that's not satisfyable , not good for my health , and that can spoilt.
I should try to learn my right as a consumer and also as a buyer , may be this will help me to understand better my position in the economic market, a situation in which you don't know your right people my step on your right without you raising a single finger.

Knowing your right either as the consumer or as the marketer is very important , but as a seller , you must always try to satisfy your customer to the fullest because you need their money to survive on your business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds