Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hiring A Lazy Employeee! Hard Working Employee vs Lazy Employee

Imagine putting you in a team of Ten hardworking employees to complete a project that will last for one month. Being in a midst of very hardworking like mind will create an hostile environment because all team member will focus more on Job briefing and execution according to what the company stated or think about the Job. Just imagine putting one lazy person in that team and observe what he/she will be doing, such person will keep thinking outside the Job briefs, to get the best way to get the job done in more effective and efficient way.
You sound kind of funny here but you make sense at the same time. I might agree with you if the lazy employee is intelligent. We have people who are slow and procrastinators, but they are mentally sound and give reasonable ideas during innovative brainstorming they don’t just act when it comes to putting it into practice. Nevertheless as an Employer I won’t choose such person over an hardworking fellow.

Advertisement Placeholder
I keep asking myself why Big companies keep lazy Employees. A CEO of Top Tech company once said he will hire the laziest of all employees to do the hardest Job reason being that such employees due to their nature will device an easier way or technique to get the Job done which tend to be more effective and efficient using less productive hours. Most big companies outdere use this method to get job done because it's cost effective while maintaining the quality as specified by the job description. I once experiment this and the result was awesome ever since and I also noticed some companies have a ratio of lazy Employees they keep at work which ranges from 10% -20% of the total working employees.

If opportuned, Will you hire a lazy Employee to balance the work place?
Why on earth will I hire lazy employee? Am even thinking straight? Because if am thinking straight, I won't hire lazy employee in first instant. I can't hire lazy employee for anything. It will cost me a lot of problems. Lazy employee won't make the work going forward.

Hiring a lazy employee simply means breaking down of your business, for me I prefer hard worker employee because it will help my business grow successfully, but all together efficiency can be used instead of hard work.

A Lazy employee will not add much to the progress of the company and there won't be an extra ordinary performance in the person, hiring a lazy employee we slow the progress of the company.
While a hard working employee will do the work diligently and the progress of the firm will be his or her priority.

I hear that alot of times but I doubt if anyone would hire a lazy employee including the CEO who made that statement. Often atimes people tend to pass a message through sacasm but a person who doesn't understand or relate to it would take it another way round. It's a hardworking employee over a lazy one anytime, anyday.

You really can't tell if an employee is lazy or hardworking until you have worked with them for a period of time. There are too many things you discover about people when you work with them. When you know a person is lazy, you will do your best to avoid putting them on your team.

How on Earth will someone that wants to be successful go ahead and employ a lazy employee?
This the act shooting on his lapse, this is not just amount to wrong decision but it will also amount to the failure of the said business.

Haha, Lot's of Laughter , it seems very funny to that lazy employees are more worthy than the Active employees. It is rediculous but looking at job done point may be it will be a good sign for their companies. So anyway but my mind says hire active persons that will bring your company to higher level.

Lazy employees are nor efficient and effective enough. Its either they do not do it well or they deliver late. Lazy employees cannot work under pressure, they sometimes slow down the business and keep an unhappy countenance when asked to do an extra work.

You sound kind of funny here but you make sense at the same time. I might agree with you if the lazy employee is intelligent. We have people who are slow and procrastinators, but they are mentally sound and give reasonable ideas during innovative brainstorming they don’t just act when it comes to putting it into practice. Nevertheless as an Employer I won’t choose such person over an hardworking fellow.
What if the "hardworking fellow" contributions doesn't translate into increased productivity or percentage of profit realized by the firm ? Working hard doesn't translate into success most times, working smart is the way.

It better to higher a hard working employee than a lazy employee. A lazy employee slow the vision of the business and also kill the business. A hard working employee has potential and work for the success of the business, helps with his ideas in other to achieve it's goals.

It is much better to hire a very hard working employee but that doesn't shy us from reality that the ceo is 100% right, he has a point in the words he said, I had never ever thought of this until I read them now, what the ceo stated is a very great fact that can't be denied.

Highering a lazy employee is good in one side and is very bad in another side. Some company do keep lazy employee in other not to pay them high and be using them todo all the minor job and send them an errands. If am opportune I will higher like 5% of lazy employee.

I don't think any business owner or an entrepreneur will hire a lazy employee once the already the employee is a lazy type. All entrepreneurs will always prefer to hire a hard-working employee.

You are not bound to work with a lazy employee forever. If your employee is lazy and not meeting up to your expectations, call them out and call them to order so that they can improve. If they decides not to improve, I think you have every right to terminate their appointment with you at such a time.

I keep asking myself why Big companies keep lazy Employees. A CEO of Top Tech company once said he will hire the laziest of all employees to do the hardest Job reason being that such employees due to their nature will device an easier way or technique to get the Job done which tend to be more effective and efficient using less productive hours. Most big companies outdere use this method to get job done because it's cost effective while maintaining the quality as specified by the job description. I once experiment this and the result was awesome ever since and I also noticed some companies have a ratio of lazy Employees they keep at work which ranges from 10% -20% of the total working employees.

If opportuned, Will you hire a lazy Employee to balance the work place?
Hmmmm, there I always another side to a coin and the way we see things are different of course. Though you explain your reasons why you would employ lazy staff in your company. But have you also thought of lazy workers slowing your work or output pace as a result of their laziness? Have you thought of lazy staff changing all your map out strategies by infusing their awkward styles which could be clog in your wheel?

i would not hire aa lazy employee for any reason,because your work will sufer.Lazy employee are known to follow the esyiest option avialable and most times it backfire.A lazy employee can't be productive,because he would'nt be innovative when the normal conventional way of doing a task has failed and then the work will sufer.The essence most times for doing a job is to profer a different approach to the normal convention method of doing things.and a lazy employee would'nt give you that.Their approach most times is the easy way out and not just saving of time when other option fails.

Very funny. But the truth is, no one likes lazy people. Lazy people also hate lazy people. Hard working workers are very good breed of people to have around you in a business. They are efficient and goal-driven. That hardworking nature is contagious. It will spur others to work hard too.

Most people are lazy but only a few are lazy and productive. So you might want to choose wisely the kind of lazy people you want to hire. I know a lot of lazy people who by being lazy make things harder for themselves. The problem with hardworking employees is that they will keep using the same old method without considering the possibility of another method.

I never knew that lazy employees could be useful until now. Well if all you have written is the fact, I would prefer to keep a number of them in my company so they can perform the functions you have stated above.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds