Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hiring A Lazy Employeee! Hard Working Employee vs Lazy Employee

For every business owner or employer we all want someone that is ready to put in more effort to his or her job, no one wants a lazy worker, lazy worker drags down one business and that in return brings about losses to the company. Why will I want to pay a worker for being lazy, that's absurd, if I were lazy will the business am running still stand not to talk of employ you to the business, we all want hardworking workers that can bring in results to the company, win contracts for the company and thus allow the company to grow. So hardworking employees are better than lazy employee in all area.

Advertisement Placeholder
Lazy employees absolutely not good for the company and also to the environment ... I want a hardworking people to do the job good and clear mind willing to do the job anytime anywhere to get the company rise and good reputation to the other people and to the comsumer.

Hahaha, this is the downfall of a company when you hire lazy employee or lazy worker. He will just do for his job or his career and he will not take interest in business requirements or in betterment for job. On the other hand hardworking employee will get your company to higher level, he will work with dedication and there is a clear difference between both.

I keep asking myself why Big companies keep lazy Employees. A CEO of Top Tech company once said he will hire the laziest of all employees to do the hardest Job reason being that such employees due to their nature will device an easier way or technique to get the Job done which tend to be more effective and efficient using less productive hours. Most big companies outdere use this method to get job done because it's cost effective while maintaining the quality as specified by the job description. I once experiment this and the result was awesome ever since and I also noticed some companies have a ratio of lazy Employees they keep at work which ranges from 10% -20% of the total working employees.

If opportuned, Will you hire a lazy Employee to balance the work place?
I think everyone of us will go to choose a hard-working employee. Definitely we want a have a good product to better production rates. A hard-working employee will lessen stress of not being sincere to work. But a lazy person can't be ignored. Because they can be more valuable in some cases to work accurately.
[automerge]1611300943[/automerge]
I keep asking myself why Big companies keep lazy Employees. A CEO of Top Tech company once said he will hire the laziest of all employees to do the hardest Job reason being that such employees due to their nature will device an easier way or technique to get the Job done which tend to be more effective and efficient using less productive hours. Most big companies outdere use this method to get job done because it's cost effective while maintaining the quality as specified by the job description. I once experiment this and the result was awesome ever since and I also noticed some companies have a ratio of lazy Employees they keep at work which ranges from 10% -20% of the total working employees.

I think everyone of us will go to choose a hard-working employee. Definitely we want a have a good product to better production rates. A hard-working employee will lessen stress of not being sincere to work. But a lazy person can't be ignored. Because they can be more valuable in some cases to work accurately.

It truly relies upon the work field, as I would see it. It likewise relies upon the inadequate individual's capacity to build up the essential abilities to satisfy their duties with some preparation and management. Furthermore, there's additionally a little thought to make on what factors as "apathetic".

I must say this post is brilliant, yeah recently I saw an article that spoke on how lazy people get things done the easy way because of their general reluctance to do work, so basically if you can get a lazy person to do work it might as well be more cost and time efficient than the hardworking one's. I'll try it out if I were a CEO

The Delegator.
The delegator is an interesting type of lazy person, primarily because he or she puts so much effort into avoiding work. Without even being in a supervisory position, the delegator constantly pushes work off on everyone else. Many overly career-conscious people will do this. The delegator can force morale into a downward spiral and risk your reputation, especially if he or she eventually begins pushing work off on clients.

How to deal with them: Check in regularly with the delegator and keep tabs on the size of their workload (but try to avoid micromanagement). Assign work to them specifically by saying, “I’m giving you this project and you only.” Call them on it and discipline them when they violate this.

@Kiwi no doubt we all want the most sought after employees, but will the business be able to pay his/services. I'm so sure you will be contesting with top companies, and if you end up with a lazy one, will you sack him/her even after meeting up with designated projects?

Hiring lazy employees truly can get the work done. Lazy employees should not be mistaken for lack of skills or non qualified employees. They know their job well but feel reluctant to do it. They should be employed and given certain target to be met that will be tied up to their salary

I cannot comply with lazy statistics because it may easily eat up company if 20% is too lazy. Also lazy people tend to go for extra holidays, they are careless and they are not interested to learn anything. So they may not contribute in bringing more profits.

This is new to me. Giving hard and heavy chores to lazy employees, i get what the company wants to happen to their lazy workers, to increase their productivity at work. I do not see anything wrong with this technique, as long as the work load is given to their hardworking employees so that they can be the motivation of their lazy colleagues to work hard as well.

Well it is a good one that such lazy employees will device a means of doing his job in another way, but the truth is, it is not in all jobs, there are job that's does not need lazy employee at all if not business will either slow down or close down partially before the hands are lazy.

Well this strategy might work in some cases but not always. A lazy employee may find easy ways to get work done but may not pay attention to the quality of the work. He/she will just rush through without checking all the necessary areas that needs to be done. Nothing compares to having hardworking employees, they are always ready to give the tasks assigned to them their all and that is what a business needs.

A hard working employee has right attitude towards the work while the lazy employee has negative towards the work mo matter how the hard working one is working , lazy one will always disturb unless if they are not in the same department .

As for me as a owner of a company or business I can never hire or appoint a lazy worker and if I accept a lazy man later I found out later bet it with me he or she can't last up to a month before I fire such person because I won't let he or she affect my business or destroy my dream of many years in a day

It is bad to hire a lazy employee, you should make sure you hire a hardworking employee. Because hiring a lazy employee will always drag down the business progress but hard working employee will do vice versa.
But bill gate once encourage hiring a lazy employee saying they will always find a way to do a hard work in an easy way.

To me every man have their own area of weakness as well as their area of strength.
So ,I don't regard some people as totally useless.
The lazy employee, might be able to give a good technical know how advice to the growth of the organization.

The first step to take when tackling a lazy employee is to simply call them out on their poor behaviour. Set Clear Goals. Offer More Training. Create Consequences. Create Incentives. Give Them Additional Responsibilities. Create Opportunities for Advancement. Get to Know Their Interests.

It better to higher a hard working employee than a lazy employee. A lazy employee slow the vision of the business and also kill the business. A hard working employee has potential and work for the success of the business, helps with his ideas in other to achieve it's goals.

You won't know if an employee is going to be lazy or not, because we don't have the power to see beyond the ordinary. As an employer once I found out that an employee is lazy I would call him/her privately to talk about it and offer options or advice on how to train yourself to become hardworking but if I see that he or she refuse to change I would lay them off. Because I cant have a liability instead of an asset.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds