Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hiring A Lazy Employeee! Hard Working Employee vs Lazy Employee

Hiring a lazy employee is a very risky move to a business owner, though there some sector in an organization where they can function according to your illustration but there is no way you assign a lazy person to do a strenuous job, that he will perform better than a hardworking person.

Advertisement Placeholder
I usually hear lazy people use the phrase 'give a lazy person a job and he'll find the fastest way to get around it.' But I think that's just total crap, actually give a hard-working person a job and he'll look for the most efficient way to do it perfectly.
In a place of work, chances are there'll surely be a lazy person but I don't think that I or anyone else in his right mind will hire a lazy person to work for him.

It’s very preferably to hire a hardworking employee to a lazy one because lazy employees will always reduce the rate of productivity of the business/company because they will not take the business very serious

Hiring a lazy employee is liking putting fuel in a burning fire they are just gonna be there as figures heads with no productivity coming from them at all. Why would I even wanna hire someone who os lazy for a job that it's core value is effectiveness. They are just gonna slow down my work and business and might eventually just ruin the business in the long run

What a staff hiring strategy 😲, this is quite strange as it defies all the knowledge that I think I know about recruitment, I don't believe that lazy people can get a job done as effectively and efficiently as an hardworking person will do, whatever easy strategy that a lazy worker will devise will probably not be as effective as how an hardworking staff will execute such task, so I don't get this recruitment model at all.

Hiring a lazy employee will make d company to b unproductive in the sense that a lazy worker will not b effective in the course of managing the affairs of the organization but hard working employee will be able to manage, control and direct the affairs of the company

You should count yourself lucky to have good result despite the number of lazy people in your work place. You will not know how frustrating to work with lazy people until you are in the same team as them. Lazy people are liable to a group work and they tend to drag people down on their place due to their laziness. I have experienced things like that in my work place, we were expecting this guy to perform his duty so we can win incentive, only for him to find somewhere to sleep.

Of course everyone will go for the hardworking employee, each employee presents the company or the business on a particular title, if they are lazy, then you clearly know how the results are going to be

@Adebayonle7 I really like your thought on the issue discussed. Most on the thread keep saying they won't hire a lazy staff, you might not be able to detect one at the point of giving appointment letter but when the staff start working you will know. I take my time to look at some tech related companies and top analytical companies why they keep such guys around, low and behold people termed them "lazy" due to one or more character they exhibit in execution of a project without looking at the other side of what they bring to the success of each project. Personally, a guy in my company was termed lazy as new employee back then I then had the mindset of not to ever be in the guy's team when grouping staff to complete a project. Low and behold it happened that he was in my group some months after then I realize who he truly his. Having discuss about the project and the job briefing while we are thinking of following the the company mode of execution which most time is time consuming and hard, you will hear him say " must we do it like this" "can we not do it like this and that" "why can we not do it like this and that".... He queries the procedure most times which to us make him a lazy and a talkative/ time waster. But in the long run our subconscious mind will keep thinking of the best way outside the company's procedure which most times seems better and requires less working hour. Other things he brings to the table includes the link, he communicates well with every one on the team and always find a way to make us work and not frown all day. If you understand me on this, you won't term him useless.

Hiring a lazy employee is too risky unless you have a specific position that is not In any way stressful, maybe a post of a supervisor, notwithstanding it is better to caution such employee, because sooner than later it will start affecting the organisation.

Concerning hiring a lazy employee or a hardworking employee. Well, I believe no one will want to hire a lazy employee unless you have the mind of transforming such employee. A lazy employee will not be to have the capability to drive your company or business forward as planned, the laziness will also bring sluggishness to your projects. It is better to hire a hardworking employee

Hard workers sometimes get to a point where they work a little too hard. They are so used to being the go-to person for special projects, or the star of the office, that they are likely to overdo it. An overdriven-but-lazy employee generally will be: Incredibly indecisive. They're always caught between working harder and making the solution as perfect as it can be, and taking the easy way out. If an employee can't make a decision for toffee, you may have an overdrive-but-lazy type on your hands

hard working employee is always the best any day any time . why would one want to employ some you can't make things work some who would make the business go down instead of scaling high. So JTS better to go for the best

hiring a lazy employees would bring a negative impact on the organization and it is not a good idea to employ a lazy employees while it is good to employ hard working employees to organization so that the organization is going achieve well done job

People tend to try to make broad statements about who are the best employees. Companies need all types. You need the average folks as well as the high performers. A high performer may be brilliant, or really hard working, or simply have unique skills. And they may simply know how to get things done. I worked with one guy who didn’t really have a “job” at the company. He ran several small companies in his “spare time” and kept a bed hidden in a corner of the company where he would crawl off and sleep during at times. His boss hated this and would have fired him except that the execs (and those of us who worked with him) knew that he could do some things, or get some things done that no one else could. He was so valuable at those moments they ignored the rest.

all employees cannot be hardworking since individuals varies based on personality and character.to be able to benefit from both the hardworking and lazy employees it will be better to make a breakdown of work based on each employees such that you will be able to realise who has failed in his/her duty

@shakky2 that's one of the best way to evaluate individuals performance. Evaluation of individuals performance can be used to help improve each staff and also to know their ability.

Studies of motivation suggest that lazinessmay be caused by a decreased level ofmotivation, which in turn can be caused by over-stimulation or excessive impulses or distractions. These increase the release of dopamine, a neurotransmitter responsible for reward and pleasure

@giddy brilliant contribution.

Motivation is given little or no importance in most companies. They so much believe that a staff shouldn't be expecting reward as a means for motivation for a job well done. In developing countries, when an employee demand for motivation, they either get sacked or the daily task get increased.

Personally, there's no way I'd go out of my way to hire lazy employees because I'd want the most brilliant, sought-after candidates who will deliver superior quality results. There are too many things you discover about people when you work with them. So a company must hire hard worker employee either they are fresh or experience.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds