Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Handling Difficult Co-workers

I think the best way to deal with such kind of co-workers is to have a good understanding with your boss and do what your bosses say. You must ignore what the co-workers say and never try to "obey" what your co-workers say. Remember that co-workers are NOT your bosses.

Advertisement Placeholder
Every organisation seems to have that difficult and bad tempered co worker who wakes up everyday from the wrong side of the bed, working with such a colleague tends to be frustrating

Find below 5 tips on how to handle the situation effectively

1. Be calm, when tempers have risen, maintain your cool and never get angry.

2. Always be a step ahead emotionally, since you've known how your bad tempered co worker behaves , preempt his or her outbursts and this will make you handle the situation properly.

3. Limit interactions, only communicate when necessary.

4. Accept them the way they are, this way you'll never be surprised by their outbursts.

5. Report to your supervisor, if the situation becomes worse than you can handle or affects your work productivity/output you may have to report to a superior to handle for you.

Have you worked with a bad tempered co-worker?

Share your experience!
Thanks for this important tips. I once had such person in my workplace. I tried as much to limit my interactions, infact I don't talk him to me he's not existing except there's need to talk him for official reasons. The best is just to avoid such person.

Thanks for this important tips. I once had such person in my workplace. I tried as much to limit my interactions, infact I don't talk him to me he's not existing except there's need to talk him for official reasons. The best is just to avoid such person.
If you've tried your best to maintain a cordial relationship with such a colleague to no avail, then it is better to avoid such person completely in order to avoid having issues at the workplace.

I think the best thing is to report the worker to the authority in the workplace. There are some people who are fun of looking for trouble in the workplace and are ready to fight anyone who gets in their way. The best thing is to always avoid such people in the workplace.

As a more mature minded person , what you first need to do is try your best to have a cordial relationship with him by settling the rift between you, in which after that you report to the authority if the case is not settled.
If you've tried your best to maintain a cordial relationship with such a colleague to no avail, then it is better to avoid such person completely in order to avoid having issues at the workplace

Thank you for your tips on dealing with annoying co workers. I haven't personally experienced working with an annoying co worker because I haven't work offline, i work online.

Every organisation seems to have that difficult and bad tempered co worker who wakes up everyday from the wrong side of the bed, working with such a colleague tends to be frustrating

Find below 5 tips on how to handle the situation effectively

1. Be calm, when tempers have risen, maintain your cool and never get angry.

2. Always be a step ahead emotionally, since you've known how your bad tempered co worker behaves , preempt his or her outbursts and this will make you handle the situation properly.

3. Limit interactions, only communicate when necessary.

4. Accept them the way they are, this way you'll never be surprised by their outbursts.

5. Report to your supervisor, if the situation becomes worse than you can handle or affects your work productivity/output you may have to report to a superior to handle for you.

Have you worked with a bad tempered co-worker?

Share your experience!
I always tell some of my friends that some of your co-workers and not your friend so the most important thing that you need to do is to come to your work do your job and go to your house.

There are some co-workers that can be very difficult and the reason is mainly because of jealousy or other things. It is therefore good for people to know how to handle difficult coworkers.
As long as my assistance with working in the company is not tied to having anything to do with the difficult coworker I'm not going to bother about having anything to do with him or her because we all came to do our individual work.

Avoidance is the best way of handling a difficult co worker in my own opinion , working and perfecting your work without tripping when they keeps giving you problems at work.

Nice. I think it is important for you to be the bigger person when dealing with difficult people, just like you said you just have to be patient and calm, and this applies to all spheres.

Very nice suggestions. Pretty sure working with temperamental worker could be tricky and frustrating. That is why you must be the bigger person and apply some sort of caution.
It is actually why when I find myself in such working situation with a colleague that is not work friendly I was try to mind my business and do my job and go to my house.

I never have had a regular job. I have worked part time as a home tutor. My employer was a very difficult person, he delayed my payment, and strictly watched me when I was with this kid. I gave up the job.
A lot of people have actually experienced that kind of thing which is why I believe that it is very important that you understand how or where you are working treat their employees so that you know what you're getting yourself into.

We have some workers who are fond of looking for trouble in the workplace and are ready to fight anyone who gets in their way. The best thing is to always avoid such people in the organisation.

You need a good for size to detect what can actually cause problem or grudges between you and the difficult coworker. Once you are able to identify them, you need to come up with a plan on how to avoid such a thing in the workplace. And you should always come down whenever you are dealing with such difficult coworker.

You should do everything within your capacity to avoid difficult coworker. I have someone like that in my former workplace who happens to be toxic and give you a lot of people out of time. I just found a way to avoid that person in the workplace and we never fight for once.

I never have had a regular job. I have worked part time as a home tutor. My employer was a very difficult person, he delayed my payment, and strictly watched me when I was with this kid. I gave up the job.
The truth of the matter is that a lot of people are difficult in life and they can't really help themselves so if you happen to meet such people at a workplace just try to mind your business and do your job

I don't know why I should be concerned about difficult co employees. If they are not easy to relate with then everyone will just be in their own lane. I can't be stressing myself about work and be doing the same about coworkers
There are times when you need to be concerned with difficult co-workers becuase you might be allocated together to work on some assignments at work and you have to put up with them.

Collaborating With a Difficult Co-Worker: Do's and Don'ts
Do examine your own behavior before blaming the other person.
Don't let it get personal.
Do communicate what issues you're having.
Don't get baited into unprofessional behavior.
Do remind yourself of what you stand to gain by working with this person.
Don't be afraid to ask your manager for assistance.
One of the things that works perfectly in the relationship amongs humans is the issue of comunication,ones things are properly comunicated and in a professional manner,conflic are less likely to occure

When there is a difficult employee in any business organisation I am working with , the first thing I will try to do is to face my own responsibility .. since every body in a business organisation has their own responsibilities

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds