Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Handling Difficult Co-workers

Difficult co workers are like pest which normally affects you If you are not careful in your organisation , the best thing is making sure you avoid them at all cost at work.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think that the best way to handle a difficult co-worker is to mind your business, all you need to do is just mind your business. Do the work you are called to do and leave the rest for the owner of the company to handle

Its normal in our daily life to have different types of people working together in a work settings , so we must try and avoid people that we know are difficult in our workplace.

One of the best ways of handling difficult co-workers is a law I learnt from the book called 48 laws of power. Law 19 states that we should know who you're dealing with- do not offend the wrong person. In the work place, this means knowing your co-workers' personality, identifying their like and dislikes and knowing how to navigate between them. Also, making sure not to offend them.

One of the best ways of handling difficult co-workers is a law I learnt from the book called 48 laws of power. Law 19 states that we should know who you're dealing with- do not offend the wrong person. In the work place, this means knowing your co-workers' personality, identifying their like and dislikes and knowing how to navigate between them. Also, making sure not to offend them.
I have been hearing about the book 48laws of power but i haven't been able to lay my hand on the book , but according to your logic, knowing the personality of your co workers is very important

Always bear in mind that your purpose of been in that office is primarily to help the business grow to the desired level and not to socialize. So you can just avoid those arrogant and ill tempered co-worker and focus on your work.

I have never have such experience before with any co- worker in my offline, so headling difficult co- workers in business it can be very annoying because the person will never happy at all.

Actually difficult co workers are quite inevitable in any working organisation but as someone whom respect himself most they to limit himself in some kind of conversation and also interaction with others.

The best way to handle a difficult co-worker is to always be calm in dealing with him/her. We must try as much as possible to control our temper whenever he /she becomes aggressive.

Knowing your co-workers habit by actually studying them will help you a lot in knowing how to handle them in times of trouble and staying calming always important.

It is very important that you should form very positive partnerships with your customers as well as co-workers in order to achieve your goals. I believe that trying to be friendly with your co-workers is going to facilitate this .

It is very important that you should form very positive partnerships with your customers as well as co-workers in order to achieve your goals. I believe that trying to be friendly with your co-workers is going to facilitate this .
Their are some co-workers that will always hate you no matter how you try to build a good relationship with the , they might hate you for different reason , they might hate you because your boss like you more.

Every business organisation has rules and regulation, if such difficulties is trying to stop me from concentrating in my area of employment , then I have to made it known to the management of the business , from there I will be told the best thing to do and how to handle it effectively.

Every organisation seems to have that difficult and bad tempered co worker who wakes up everyday from the wrong side of the bed, working with such a colleague tends to be frustrating

Find below 5 tips on how to handle the situation effectively

1. Be calm, when tempers have risen, maintain your cool and never get angry.

2. Always be a step ahead emotionally, since you've known how your bad tempered co worker behaves , preempt his or her outbursts and this will make you handle the situation properly.

3. Limit interactions, only communicate when necessary.

4. Accept them the way they are, this way you'll never be surprised by their outbursts.

5. Report to your supervisor, if the situation becomes worse than you can handle or affects your work productivity/output you may have to report to a superior to handle for you.

Have you worked with a bad tempered co-worker?

Share your experience!
Straight up tell them to their faces whenever they start doing what you don't like. This helps a lot and cut off further annoying acts. If they are resilient, you should report them immediately

One of the ways to work with difficult co-worker is to understand his or her temperament. Once this is known, you will discover that there are things that should be kept at arm's length as far as your co-worker is concern.

One of the ways to work with difficult co-worker is to understand his or her temperament. Once this is known, you will discover that there are things that should be kept at arm's length as far as your co-worker is concern.
So does it really mean that people with bad temperament should always showcase it anyway ? Everybody has a bad character but the way we control our bad character determines who we are.

It is a very bad work ethics to be a troublesome employee in any organisation. If you are at close work proximity with such type of persons, you should really be careful on how you deal with them. And if they're getting in your way too often, you should report it up the chain of command.

Most workers are not just difficult , as the manager or the owner of the business , its your duty to study your worker to know the reason for his or her temperamental behaviour and look for a lasting solution.

Every organisation seems to have that difficult and bad tempered co worker who wakes up everyday from the wrong side of the bed, working with such a colleague tends to be frustrating

Find below 5 tips on how to handle the situation effectively

1. Be calm, when tempers have risen, maintain your cool and never get angry.

2. Always be a step ahead emotionally, since you've known how your bad tempered co worker behaves , preempt his or her outbursts and this will make you handle the situation properly.

3. Limit interactions, only communicate when necessary.

4. Accept them the way they are, this way you'll never be surprised by their outbursts.

5. Report to your supervisor, if the situation becomes worse than you can handle or affects your work productivity/output you may have to report to a superior to handle for you.

Have you worked with a bad tempered co-worker?

Share your experience!
Every human beings on earth are wired differently and so it is almost inevitable to have a little experience of such situation especially if you have work offline more because it is almost impossible to have a bad co worker online but that does not mean you can't find them here as well.

To Handle a difficult co workers what you will need to do is for you to try and report him to the boss that is in charge,so I beleive that shouldnt be an issue if you have problem why not report it to your boss and keep going your ways the owner of the firm will know how to deal with it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds