Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Handling an Incompetent employee

I am not of the opinion that you will need to warn your dishonest staff first from their dishonest ways because as far as I am concerned for anyone to be honest means that that is part of their character and so it will be very difficult for them to change so as for me I will suck start an employee without thinking twice
Honesty comes from within. As you said, once a dishonest will always be in his character, so giving another chance to a dishonest employee is really wasting of the chance. But if someone have done anything wrong unintentionally, then one chance could be given.

Advertisement Placeholder
Best way is to go to HR and have them handle the situation. You can get yourself in even more trouble trying to figure it out. Its what HR is there for.

Having an incompetent employees in your company will cost you a lot of damages to your company, to avoid such you must employ a competent worker and train them regularly,but if they fail to leave up to standard then you lay them off so as to avoid destruction of your business, then make sure you employ a competent and qualified employee and train them regularly.
Hiding an incompetent employee in an organisation is just like a poison in the organisation because it will help to ruin the reputation of the company and also give it less the output.

When employees do not meet up to the standard that is expected of them, it is good to let them realize their level of incompetence before taking the right actions.
Okay I think this is one of the ways you can help them to understand if they didn't have any idea about it, but some of them can be so lazy that they might only work Hard when the manager or supervisor is present, how will you know such ?

I believe that there is no need to tolerate incompetent employee. Just fire him/her and hire a new worker. There are a lot of people with high level of skills and integrity willing to prove their worth.

My father's usually comes home to complain of an Incompetent employee, that doesn't put in much hours in the job. The employee was recently promoted to head of a department, so he feels that he can slack off because he now heads the department, and he can't be easily laid off because he's an important figure in the business who has brought much clients to the company.
How can one make him to drop his lax ways and become diligent once again.
I think it was so ironic when that incompetent employee was promoted to become the head of the department. He is not supposed to be in that top position due to his incompetence. I think someone that is higher than him in the position has the capacity to be laid off. For example the owner of the business or company can kick him out of the company.

Incompetent employees are bad news in any business enterprise, it doesn't matter if he had brought in customers, he has to be stopped. I think creating competitions for him will make him sit up. You can m advise your father to appoint a co-head of department and assign target roles for them, anyone who fails to meet up will step down for the other one.
In my opinion I wouldn't want to lose any kind of employee that has been working for me no matter how incompetent he or she is because I will always be training my employees from time to time so that they can become more competent and more capable of doing the business or their job better everyday.

Best way is to let that employee know how incompetent they are and ways in which he or she can improve. If they dont make the effort, then they should be laid off.

When an employee i proving stubborn there are ways you can change that mentality but still if he or she persist the next thingshould be a sack later

For a business man having an incompetent employee as a member of staff is going to so badly affect your business turnover. You only have one option to let this employee for good

When you say someone is incompetent I don't really understand, didn't you conduct interviews before picking the best candidate,I could be ranting though

You should have noticed the incompetency right from the first time you were interviewing the employee and considering him or her for the job. I feel that is the point where you should have noticed the competency level

When you have an incompetent employees in your business, the best is to teach them or train them on how to become a better person at work.

If an incompetent employees is been hired by you then you must send him to go for more training in order to avoid damages to your business

When you have an incompetent employees in your business, the best is to teach them or train them on how to become a better person at work.
Wow it's a nice idea for you to teach them but most business organisation may not even have time to train an employee that is why they always like to employ people with skill.

My father's usually comes home to complain of an Incompetent employee, that doesn't put in much hours in the job. The employee was recently promoted to head of a department, so he feels that he can slack off because he now heads the department, and he can't be easily laid off because he's an important figure in the business who has brought much clients to the company.
If a worker is incompetent maybe the task is too huge for him, look for something he or she can handle. If it happens that he or she is still incompetent it won't be bad training him or her or trying knowing if there are issues the employee is facing before you talk about sacking him or her

Since the employee doesn't have any stake in the business I believe your dad can make any decision on the business without having to consult him. With this I think the best thing to do is to demote him

An employee who fails to do his job appropriately is considered incompetent. Most times this employee needs training to do well and do his work effectively, constant training of employees will go a long way to help the employee be competent in doing his work.
Secondly, if the employer can help the employee see the interesting part of his work it will make the employee develop interest thereby making him enjoy doing his work and become competent.
Thirdly, a raise in salary will help the employee become competent too because most employee who are not well paid find it difficult to do their work well even if they know how to do them because they feel they're not rewarded accordingly.

To be much sincere, an incompetent employee will affect the well doing of a business. In a situation whereby such employee attends to a new customer, first impression lasts longer

I won't even bother to hire an incompetent employee , because I Know that he would not add any positivity to the growth of my business ,just negativity

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds