Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Handling an Incompetent employee

Yes, companies usually have a standard for the particular jobs. That is a guide to measure the efficiency of the worker. But honestly I would say that it is very difficult to assess the worker's performance unless he works in a factory on a per piece basis. Usually the attitude is taken into consideration although the competence is the priority.
Both the attitude and competence is a priority. When the worker is working extremely well without the right demeanor practically such work rate is dead.

Advertisement Placeholder
Both the attitude and competence is a priority. When the worker is working extremely well without the right demeanor practically such work rate is dead.

When a business staff isn't fully committed to working for the company with bad attitude, it's very important that you have them replaced with those who want to work with full zeal.

When a business staff isn't fully committed to working for the company with bad attitude, it's very important that you have them replaced with those who want to work with full zeal.
Laughs. That's for sure, when the staff isn't competent enough, then he or she van be ousted from work then get replaced by some one who can work more efficiently.

The first thing you really need to do is to make them to understand that they are not making any effort and their productivity is not up to the standard that is expected of them, this will help them to improve themselves and increase their productivity.

Lazy representatives are awful information in any business endeavor, it doesn't make any difference in the event that he had gotten clients, he must be halted. I think making contests for him will cause him to sit up.

Handling an incompetent employee might involve giving that said employee a said or target period of time to make amends or face been relived of th or duties

To handle such negativity in the company, the manager/owner ought to set a standard of work for all employees to meet up. When they fail to adhere to the standard then strict measures should be put in place.
I agree with your submission. There should always be measures that is in place for those who violate the rules and regulations of a business. Any employee that do not comply with such rules should be penalized.

We all know this in field of business we have different type people with different characters and we can not be desame...but one is that we have to learn how to understand each other as boss in company you have to understand all your workers so that there will be peace in your place of work
I think that is where the managerial expertise will have to come to play,because to be a leader and a manager it has to be seen both on the job and people that works with you.One need to employ emotional intelligence here while dealing with an incompetent staff and help him or her gain stability on the job while growing.

Handling an incompetent employee might involve giving that said employee a said or target period of time to make amends or face been relived of th or duties

Exactly, it's very important that you set a target for such staff and see what his or her reaction would be. If it comes in a positive way, then he or she should be retained.

I agree with your submission. There should always be measures that is in place for those who violate the rules and regulations of a business. Any employee that do not comply with such rules should be penalized.
That's just it. Anyone that is find flouting the business guidelines should be apprehend and get fired and the business moves on.

Any business that employs an incompetent employee will not grow because the employee will not have the knowledge and understanding of how to work effectively for business growth.

One thing in business and life is that, no one knows it all and anyone can learn, which is why big companies still send their mangers overseas to learn, I think the company should do the same and drill the Incompetent manager.

Having an incompetent employees in your company will cost you a lot of damages to your company, to avoid such you must employ a competent worker and train them regularly,but if they fail to leave up to standard then you lay them off so as to avoid destruction of your business, then make sure you employ a competent and qualified employee and train them regularly.
The best way to handle an incompetent employee is to create a training avenue for the employee to boost its efficiency if he or she cannot be able to boost insufficiency then you let him off the job.

It is never a good experience to be working with someone who does not have the competencies to govern a business so you just have to hang there.

Having such people in your company can cause a lot of problems because of their incompetency. I will first talk to him about to see if he can improve himself but if he is not willing to improve i will just fire such people.

It depends on the level of incompetence of such employee. You can retrain such employee if he is ready and willing to be trained to helped him perform better on his job. If you think it will be to cost to retrain him, you can sack him and employ someone who is capable to do the job.

Having such people in your company can cause a lot of problems because of their incompetency. I will first talk to him about to see if he can improve himself but if he is not willing to improve i will just fire such people.
An incompetent employee but who is trustworthy can still be a benefit of the company. The manager can transfer him to another line of work or maybe he needed training with lesser responsibility. But if the incompetent employee is a liability already then he has to go.

The first thing you really need to do is to make them to understand that they are not making any effort and their productivity is not up to the standard that is expected of them, this will help them to improve themselves and increase their productivity.
When employees do not meet up to the standard that is expected of them, it is good to let them realize their level of incompetence before taking the right actions.

First you need to talk to him and warn him to sit up or loose his job. Place him on probation for a few months and watch his behaviour, if he doesn't improve then you will have to lay him off or else his incompetency will affect your business.
I am not of the opinion that you will need to warn your dishonest staff first from their dishonest ways because as far as I am concerned for anyone to be honest means that that is part of their character and so it will be very difficult for them to change so as for me I will suck start an employee without thinking twice

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds