Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Handling an Incompetent employee

Advertisement Placeholder
My father's usually comes home to complain of an Incompetent employee, that doesn't put in much hours in the job. The employee was recently promoted to head of a department, so he feels that he can slack off because he now heads the department, and he can't be easily laid off because he's an important figure in the business who has brought much clients to the company.
How can one make him to drop his lax ways and become diligent once again.
That's the problem most business or company always make, they promote incompetent employee to a high post and instead of him to be overseeing and monitoring the work being done, he will be slacking off thus affecting the entire business.

The best way to handle incompetent employees is to discipline them. I believe there should be rules set down on how to handle such cases in the organization. A fair warning should be given out, if there is no changes then you should let that person go.

The best way to handle incompetent employees is to discipline them. I believe there should be rules set down on how to handle such cases in the organization. A fair warning should be given out, if there is no changes then you should let that person go.
Discipline is the best way to handle an incompetent employee , and there are diverse way in which you can deal with such case, giving such employee query , deduction of salary and suspension is part of the punishment.

In every business there will always be an employee that is not competent to his hob roles. When situations like this happens, you can retrain the employee if you love him or sack and replace him with another employee.

Discipline is the best way to handle an incompetent employee , and there are diverse way in which you can deal with such case, giving such employee query , deduction of salary and suspension is part of the punishment.
I have seen a case whereby out of misconduct and bad behavior the manager had to deduct from the salary of the workers and he called them to explain why he reduced it and gave them a warming. After this there was a major change in the characters of the workers.

Though, he has form an integral part of the company and he's holding am important position already. I think he only needs to be admonished because he's of help to the company

The best way to handle this sort of people is for you to notify them of their incompetencies and their inability to meet up and perform a particular duty that is expected of of them, if they refuse to abide by the rules and regulations such peoples should be suspended.

Incompetence is always costly so it's better to let it go than try forcing change would be short lived too, and in cases where there are patience would definitely be needed

If you're an incompetent staff and I see that you don't really want to improve there is nothing left for me to do with you because you cannot force anyone to do what he or she doesn't want to do so I will rather sack you and move on and get another staff.
I would do that too, but only after giving them a chance to improve. I do believe that people can actually change for better of given a good chance. But if they don't, it is time to let them go.

Actually if there's a possibility of that staff showing signs that he or she wants to improve from what he or she used to do then I believe that's something that can actually be considered.
If there signs of change on the said person, then i believe things can be done. The best way to handle incompetent workers is by letting them go. If there are no chances of changes or no sign of changes then they should let them go before they start affecting the others

Personally I believe that in any business organisation there are rules and regulation that guides the activities of that business organisation so if any staff is going out of the line the rule should be called upon.
Rules and ethics of an organisaton should be what guides the attitude to work and hw the employees conducts themself within their duties post and amongs fellow employees.And any staff member that fall short of this minimum standard should be discipline.

Whenever you ever get to have a member who is rather incompetent I believe you should take disciplining them seriously and should try and watch out for things that might occur thereafter.

Having an incompetent employees in your company will cost you a lot of damages to your company, to avoid such you must employ a competent worker and train them regularly,but if they fail to leave up to standard then you lay them off so as to avoid destruction of your business, then make sure you employ a competent and qualified employee and train them regularly.
It is very difficult to handle and incompetent employee but if you as an employer or the owner of the business wants to assist and help an incompetent employee the best thing to do is to enroll the employee in a training process.

To handle such negativity in the company, the manager/owner ought to set a standard of work for all employees to meet up. When they fail to adhere to the standard then strict measures should be put in place.
Yes, companies usually have a standard for the particular jobs. That is a guide to measure the efficiency of the worker. But honestly I would say that it is very difficult to assess the worker's performance unless he works in a factory on a per piece basis. Usually the attitude is taken into consideration although the competence is the priority.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds