Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Giving a staff/employee a second chance, good or bad idea?

Ogbest

Loyal member
Credits
This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?

Advertisement Placeholder
Giving a second chance to someone doesn't really mean that he is bound to change. But if the offense at first isn't that serious, he can be given a leverage. But when the offense is great, that should help decide if he would receive a second chance or not.

Well apart from being stubborn, let's assume a staff was caught stealing from me, do you really think I will give that stuff a second chance? I don't think so. What if he or she has not been caught, what you think you have done with your product? He or she will keep stealing. I don't believe in second chance

If the employee has never shown up late once in ten years, then shows up late for work two days in a row, you may be jumping the gun letting him or her go. The employee isn't doing well in his or her current position but has other strengths you don't want to lose.

That's really depends on the type offence he committed, if it's minor offence it is good to be corrected and allowed him to continue working. But if it is offense committed against the policy of the company he should be equerry and meant to face the consequence of his action.

Majorly it all depends the scenario that happens, if it is a scenario of life and death, there is no second chance on that issue, but if it is a minor issue of just small misunderstanding, I might give a second chance.. one need to be very careful with he or her employee.

This is a tricky question LOL. Many people says that all people deserve a second chance but in reality not all people deserve a second chance sometimes it depends to the situation. If your staff make a mistake that unintentional you should give him a second but if your staff do bad things and intentionally i don't think that he/she deserve a second chance.

Giving a staff a second doesn't mean he/she is bound to change but if the offense committed at first is not serious he can be given second chance,but when the offense committed is great in order to avoid such again he shouldn't be given a second chance

Giving a staff or an employee a second chance or not depends on whether he has done something wrong which he or she can not be forgiving off. Like stealing from the company or doing shady business with the company's name. Aside these, if he is late to work or may be he or she is being stubborn, he or she should be giving quarry and second chance.

I believe in second chances because nobody is perfect under heaven. Everybody have his or her short comings and we all deserve a second chance when we stumble and fall. Giving your employee a second chance is not a sign of weakness it only shows you believe in their dreams also and clearly, everybody needs somebody.

Giving employees a chance back into the organization when they default in their line of duty,is a good one.
But the issue that lead to such misdemeanor should be properly addressed,against future occurrence

Nice questions. The level of trust will reduce no matter how small his/her offenses were. However, forgiving an employee depends on the levity of the employee offenses. For example an employee who stole the company funds doesn’t deserve a second chance. I beleive second chance should only be given to employees whose offenses were minimal

Well i believe in second chance but anything that will lead to second chance is what i like to avoid so much.
Employees are supposed to devote their time, life and energy to ensure that the company is moving forward.
Well like i said i believe in second chance.

i think given a second chance is a nice idea. For an employer to want to give employees a second chance means the employer loves the employee and do not want to loose such staff. I also feel that getting to know the reasons why the staff failed in some responsibilities will help determine if the staff deserves a second chance.

This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?
Every one deserves a second chance and infact, in some instances, a third chance. Employees are not exception. People are found to improve after initial mistakes.

If the employee are remorseful, admit their mistakes and regret their actions then they definitely deserve a second chance depending on the offence they committed. But if the employee keeps being stubborn and starts to blame others for their own mistakes and are not ready to take full responsibility for their actions, then they need to be taught a lesson in this life.

Giving second chance to staff is not a bad thing it's just a warning to the staff that if he or she repeat such mistake again he or she sacked. I will surely give my staff second chance and last chance to correct his or her mistake. It's a good thing to give your staff a second chance

Most of the employees buckle up and gets better,also cools down after being given a second chance while others become more dangerous but the issue of trust will take sometime and a lot of studying them to avoid mistakes.

There are different kinds of offense, there are some offense that if employee commit it the employee don't deserve to be recorded but if the offense is not reach the level, you can give him/her a second chance if he/she realized what he/she did wrong and beg for forgiveness. But don't trust rely on the kind of employee again.

A staff can be given a second chance only if he admit his mistakes and can also reduce the level of trust by his employee.
And sometimes given a staff second chance will be like you are given him opportunity to do worst because he know the level of trust u have for him has diminished.And before u give him another chance,it is base on what he did that will let u give him that chance..

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds