Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Education or Learning a skill?

At the rate at which unemployment is increasing, it is becoming more and more glaring that education is gradually loosing it's importance and learning good skills is gradually replacing it. If at all someone decided to go for an educational course, it is a wise decision for such person to learn a skill as a compliment.

Advertisement Placeholder
This two are basically different, people mis interpret the concept of education, education tends to expose individual in what so ever he or she does.learning a trade is better for someone who is unable to adapt to educational system

Acquiring both sets of skills is very important and they almost work hand in hand in terms of giving you an upper hand. I don't think anyone has to suffer. You can still go to school while acquiring those skills at the same time. You find that when you are done, you are fully equipped. The certificate gets you the job and the skills keep you there elevating.

The two is key as long as life itself is concern. But if one can achieve first education by defining his or her passion on what the person needs to study in school thereafter skill. But if skill comes first, same passion must be defined and thereafter sought out for education.

The two is key as long as life itself is concern. But if one can achieve first education by defining his or her passion on what the person needs to study in school thereafter skill. But if skill comes first, same passion must be defined and thereafter sought out for education.
Well said, both are very important and needed. Especially in our society today, where education cannot guarantee a job, it would be best to also have a skill or two you can make use of in supporting yourself

I think it is not as necessary as much there is a pressure to go to college if you are a decent student. At least I think there is this general thought in society that the best and most secure way to get a good career is to go to university. But there are many other paths to take and a lot of jobs nowadays are based on skills rather than former education.

Education first before any skill, because nothing beats being literate because that's where all the opportunities are, learning a skill is good too but having an education then learning a skill is better

Both going to school and learning a skill are important. No one is better than the order. Going to school helps you understand so many things happening in the society that may just look normal to an uneducated person. Learning a skill on the other hand gives you the opportunity to be a solution provider to problems in the society.

At the rate at which unemployment is increasing, it is becoming more and more glaring that education is gradually loosing it's importance and learning good skills is gradually replacing it. If at all someone decided to go for an educational course, it is a wise decision for such person to learn a skill as a compliment.
It's a very pathetic case that we are going through in Nigeria as unemployment is just so high in the country for this country to go beyond this challenge of unemployment I think all the youth of the country should not depend on formal education only but also learnt skills that will really help them when the formal education fails.

In today's world there is a very big chance that you will be more successful if you learn a skill and they are good in it but then there is no shying away from the fact that you can do both.

The education vs skill debate is a very long debate and it has been going on for a really long time. I live in a country where most of the people are not that much educated. They learn skills at a very young age and earn more money than many educated people.

You cannot separate education with skills. education also means you develop skills. For example, when you go to medical schools you learn the skills of surgery. When you go to engineering college, you learn various skills.

There are many folks who are using their skills in order to earn money in my country. Many of such kind of folks have a good educational background. They are having bluecollar jobs despite being educated individuals. So skills can play a huge role.

There is a common saying this days in my country among youths that it is better to go and learn a skill or trade than going to school. Most believe that when graduate from school after many years, you still go around to look for work or in most cases go and for apprenticeship again. They see it as a waste of time and resources going to school.
What do you think?
Do you feel school is not necessary anymore?
Education have lost it's value most especially in Nigeria what is the point going to school where people leading us are not educated, it better to go learn a skill than going to school

Education is key, learning a skill is also key. Depending on which you can afford immediately fit in. But the advise will learn a trade, make the money then secure education. "DEPENDING."

This depend upon the private as well as exactly just what she or he desires, many people choose education and learning that knowing brand-brand new abilities why purchase choose to discover an ability compared to being actually informed however when it comes to me I choose knowing an ability and being actually informed.

Education cause you can always learn skills anytime u feel like. Education is always kinda hard as one is getting older. Whichever way the both are great

Gone are the days I actually believed that only education will make you to be financially stable in life. Not after observing many graduates on the street without jobs to do, so I would just say that both are equally important. If you can handle the both, it's best

Well said, both are very important and needed. Especially in our society today, where education cannot guarantee a job, it would be best to also have a skill or two you can make use of in supporting yourself
The emphasis that is being placed on education in our society is just too much and so I I'm of the opinion that education and skills should be taught in the four walls of the classroom.

School is a very important aspect that people should take seriously In their individual lives. No body will evergell you that education is not longer relevant. But you must also take your business with all seriousness too

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds