Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Education or Learning a skill?

We need to understand that education is not a scam as people are painting it to be, it is the school set up that is faulty because it is outdated which is what we should work on.

Advertisement Placeholder
There is nothing wrong if you choose to go for a vocational skill instead of formal education. Both are still a kind of education to me as well
One thing that most people do not know is that everyone is not destined to do White collar jobs and succeed at 8 anagain most blue collar jobs are more lucrative than white collar job.

They are both good and you can learn the two together. Education only is not enough to survive this tough economy. You can learn a skill before you go to school or immediately after you graduate from college.

Don't be deceived if you learn a trade you must be well educated, trade give you the platform while education boost the platform provided to you...

What really matters is your passion and your willpower because there are some people that may be forced to go to school even when they don't want to do so.

We are in a century where a skill is very extremely important considering we are in a century where everything is mostly online inasmuch as education is important a personal skill is lovely Plus in a country like mine PS Nigeria it is best and good to have all personal skill.

We need both of them in life. Anyone who tells you that education is waste of time don't listen to such person. If you don't go to school you won't be much more enlightened.

We need both of them in life. Anyone who tells you that education is waste of time don't listen to such person. If you don't go to school you won't be much more enlightened.
Both of them is really necessary because combining skill and your academic qualification can actually make you to be more successful ,in this case I agree with you that all of them are necessary in life.

Different things works for different people. If you're not interested in school, then it is definitely better for you to look for a profitable skill and learn.

The notion of the 90% populace about education is that it's only meant for making money. That's not totally true! Education equip you to face challenges in life and it keep you informed. Learning a skill isn't bad to as both could be combined and it will give a nice outcome.

I am also one of those people who think that both education and skill are intertwined. Both are of utmost importance in the day to day and in the work environment.
Both ( being educated and learning a skill) helps each other in the business world, because if you have a proper skill without education , it will somehow in such a way affect you when dealing with a more educate customer.

Both are important, you can use both as backup plan if one doesn't work out the way you planned then you can fall back to the other. Though acquiring sellable skills this days is more important at least you become your own boss by starting small ,then expanding to reach your finally destination

Both ( being educated and learning a skill) helps each other in the business world, because if you have a proper skill without education , it will somehow in such a way affect you when dealing with a more educate customer.
That is one of my points, it is important to be educated to interact with people of any educational level, and to have knowledge of different subjects. This combined with the skills one possesses, makes great businessmen and businesswomen.

Both of them is really necessary because combining skill and your academic qualification can actually make you to be more successful ,in this case I agree with you that all of them are necessary in life.
Yes, all we gather for life will help us to become successful persons in life. We shouldn't neglect any of them cos they are pivotal for our career development.

it is always very important that people go with their passion because when you are forced to do something you may not exactly do them well.

it is always very important that people go with their passion because when you are forced to do something you may not exactly do them well.
Yes, when I'm not passionate about a certain venture, surely my attention isn't exerted into it properly cos I'm not doing it with my mind.

One of the ways to increase your any potential these days is to do both education and learn a skill. If you are unable to land a lucrative job with your education, the skill will brings in some cash to keep up.

One of the ways to increase your any potential these days is to do both education and learn a skill. If you are unable to land a lucrative job with your education, the skill will brings in some cash to keep up.
As you describe, taking into account both education and skill is the best way to increase your potential as a human being. When you study a career, sure you develop skills but if in turn, you learn a different one that you can unify with the one you have already learned, you will be highly qualified.

Both of them are very important,but the most important,skills is always important the a degree. But if one has skill with proper qualification with good self confidence he will definitely go to a higher position. Skill will help a person to earn

I have it in my mind that my kids into the skill learning before they could go to the university or college. Once the finish learning the skills, they can proceed to the university in order to acquire degree in their discipline.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds