Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Education or Learning a skill?

There is a common saying this days in my country among youths that it is better to go and learn a skill or trade than going to school. Most believe that when graduate from school after many years, you still go around to look for work or in most cases go and for apprenticeship again. They see it as a waste of time and resources going to school.
What do you think?
Do you feel school is not necessary anymore?
You have a point. But I think I will choose both education and learning skills.

If you are not educated person, I think I think you will find it hard to because in applying for jobs the qualifications are you must be a high school graduate.

Advertisement Placeholder
I would prefer to have both pieces of knowledge. Currently, I have both and both are fetching me some money. Schooling is a necessity but not something that we can't do without. One can not do without both.

Education and learning are one and the same thing. There are some who are from education. We line up and only by linking it is revealed. Both education and beauty are necessary to do the same business.
As far as I am concerned I think the best way for anyone to survive in this life is to combine education and learning a skill because making use of the both of them would increase your chances or the possibility of you becoming a successful person in life.

Depending on your country but in Africa I think learning a skill will be much more preferable then you can consider going back to school if you have the my to carry yourself on.

Education and learning a skill are tei different thing. Though, the present condition of this our country may not give the required motivation to see education as been very important. But I'll advise, one should be educated and you can a skill with it

Being educated is good and cannot be wished away and learning a skill too is beneficial. The two will complement each other and make one to go far.

I believe both is important none is wasted, go to school and still make out time to learn some skills, and that is what we have the holidays for, so it's all about determination.

I would prefer both, therefore, while I am studying,I will definitely use my weekends or free time to learn skills like programming, cyber security, software development etc

I will choose education with no hesitation because education widens one's knowledge and brings you too much opportunities later in life. For now you can depend on your skills but remember that the strength will not always be there for you

education or learning skills. My country values education so much but the truth is in my country education takes people nowhere most especially when you're trying to make it on your own what helps most people in my country is the learning skill as a matter of fact in my country it is the learning skill that opens way for the opportunity to be Educated.

Write your reply...education and learning a skill yes are both important because there are some ways to get money or some income as well as you take care of it

Acquiring both a skill and education isn't such a bad idea. Education is still nonetheless very important. A person can learn a skill while currently working for a degree. However one has to determine while doing so the area in which he is more mentally strong so as to avoid indecisiveness when is out in the Labour market. I even believe skill acquisition should be a course taken in university.

If you can learn a skill before going to university it's still cool because you could be making money while you're still in school it could be a digital skill or maybe fashion design

Education and learning are one and the same thing. There are some who are from education. We line up and only by linking it is revealed. Both education and beauty are necessary to do the same business.
Well you are very right that education and learning are one of the same thing and so we should always endeavour to learn with every opportunity that we have because actually learning ends in the grave.

Well you are very right that education and learning are one of the same thing and so we should always endeavour to learn with every opportunity that we have because actually learning ends in the grave.
Well said, as long as you are alive, there would always be something new to learn. Where you end, there would always be someone else who knows more than that.

Both are important too , but I think people are more interested in education aspect , because through education you could improve the skill you have and take the development to a high level

Well said, as long as you are alive, there would always be something new to learn. Where you end, there would always be someone else who knows more than that.
So this is the reason why we should never stop learning as learning is always going to be a continuous process as anything that happens to also should take it as an opportunity to learn something new and not to revel in sorrow.

Everyone starts with education first and then chooses which skill is good for him/her to pursue the career. Education teaches you life values and shows the way to become successful in your life.

Everyone starts with education first and then chooses which skill is good for him/her to pursue the career. Education teaches you life values and shows the way to become successful in your life.
For me I do not think that someone should choose education over learning a skill and I also do not think that it's a good idea for someone to choose a skew over education but my mindset is that both of them should be done on a different time of a person's life because both of them will come very handy are different part of people's life.

For me I do not think that someone should choose education over learning a skill and I also do not think that it's a good idea for someone to choose a skew over education but my mindset is that both of them should be done on a different time of a person's life because both of them will come very handy are different part of people's life.
Yeah , but some people try to learn skills when they are getting educated in educational institutions. They try to do both simultaneously without wasting any time for other activities. But it's always better to do one job at a time.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds