Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Education or Learning a skill?

We all know in our current world, things are getting advanced, AI is taking over some job away from humans. If we dwell.only on education without skill it won't fetch us a lot to stay afloat of financial stability.
These days because of the increase of unemployment in most countries people now prefer to go for learning a skill then being educated for however both of them a very important too human survivor in life.

Advertisement Placeholder
Truth be told, there are some things you cannot learn or get alone in school. School does not teach you everything you need to know to be successful in life. Which is why like you said, training and learning goes together
You are very correct in your submission. Something's needs to be learned on the job and not just by reading, as they say "experience is the best teacher" you learn better when you perform the skills and not just by reading it in the school.

You are very correct in your submission. Something's needs to be learned on the job and not just by reading, as they say "experience is the best teacher" you learn better when you perform the skills and not just by reading it in the school.
Exactly, most times before you can actually understand a particular thing, you need to have a first hand experience. Like my self, i have read about certain issues but i never fully understand what they ment till i finally had an experience.

These days because of the increase of unemployment in most countries people now prefer to go for learning a skill then being educated for however both of them a very important too human survivor in life.
Unemployment have really cause rift in the world, made lots of people going into malicious things getting the money. But if you're a law abiding one, you'll seek to learn a skill.

Since the government of the country do not really care for the citizen I think the best thing you need to do is to learn a skill because with this skill you can work for people and get money, if you have the opportunity to get into school you can do it right away.

If you have an opportunity to go for both of them I think it will be better and if you're going for both of them you really need to learn the skill first before you get into the higher institution, with this you will make the best decision.

Talking from unemployment angle, there are people who learnt a skill and yet still struggles to raise capital to establish the business he had spent years or months to learn. The most important thing is for the government to create a friendly environment for businesses to thrive.

There is a common saying this days in my country among youths that it is better to go and learn a skill or trade than going to school. Most believe that when graduate from school after many years, you still go around to look for work or in most cases go and for apprenticeship again. They see it as a waste of time and resources going to school.
What do you think?
Do you feel school is not necessary anymore?
Judging from where I come from, doing both is really necessary to be on the safe side.....just in case one doesn't work , you would have something to rely on as your backup plan

It is unfortunate that after the expenses you incurred for your education, they did not bear the expected fruit. I wonder why the expenses, is there no public universities in your country? Although in the end I believe that when you least expect it, you will get the results of your efforts.
There are over 70 public universities and 100s of private schools here in my country, it's not about the numbers of schools that matter but the government support in helping out graduate to secure a job after school

There are over 70 public universities and 100s of private schools here in my country, it's not about the numbers of schools that matter but the government support in helping out graduate to secure a job after school
I understand that they don't get the support from the government to get the job after graduation. I wrote about public universities, because you made reference to the money you spent on educating yourself. It is the same as in many countries, the governments do not focus on solving the unemployment situation.

I think In this age and time, picking up a skill will be the most valuable option one can go for. Mordern day education does not have what it takes.
There is a common saying this days in my country among youths that it is better to go and learn a skill or trade than going to school. Most believe that when graduate from school after many years, you still go around to look for work or in most cases go and for apprenticeship again. They see it as a waste of time and resources going to school.
What do you think?
Do you feel school is not necessary anymore

What do you think?
Personally for me I think both are very important.....Have heard stories of people who lost multi millionaire jobs due to not going to school, even these days people who are old still strive to go back to school cause they ate beginning to see it's importance

if I were to go for education or learning a skill I will be going for education because education is a ground where an individual could be exposed to many things that is needed for an individual's life will be learnt during the period in a university or a college of education or anywhere in higher learning is taking place skills who's also be taking place along

I don't think this is peculiar to a single country only. The world and economic situation of any country now regards skilled Individuals than those who have degree certificate because there are less factory or company to hire those graduate

What do you think?
In this century I believe the two (education and learning) works hand in hand among the youth, education is the best policy but after the education , there's ni job out there after after graduation, so i beleieve learning a skill is also better.

In this century I believe the two (education and learning) works hand in hand among the youth, education is the best policy but after the education , there's ni job out there after after graduation, so i beleieve learning a skill is also better.
I am also one of those people who think that both education and skill are intertwined. Both are of utmost importance in the day to day and in the work environment.

Both formal education and learning a skill are very important if you want to make a headway in the modern economy. Education will give you a beverage, skill learning will give you opportunity to earn money when you are less employed.

I don't think this is peculiar to a single country only. The world and economic situation of any country now regards skilled Individuals than those who have degree certificate because there are less factory or company to hire those graduate
It would depend on the skill that one has. For example a computer technician would be easily hired by a computer shop or maybe a computer store. But in getting an office job like in the bank or in big corporation the education is a requirement. If you have no college diploma then that would be a handicap.

It would depend on the skill that one has. For example a computer technician would be easily hired by a computer shop or maybe a computer store. But in getting an office job like in the bank or in big corporation the education is a requirement. If you have no college diploma then that would be a handicap.
I agree with your opinion. The job that can be obtained in a given company will depend on the degree of training that the applicant has and his skills. In an important company both requirements will be indispensable, however in other companies or factories, the most important thing will be the skills.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds