Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does religion have an effect on the type of business to do?

Somehow there are some business that religion has an effect or influence on , a good example of this is an organisation full of Christian or Muslim that decided not to employ people from other religion into their work setting.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes some persons are very conservative and would do any thing to avoid issues that bothers on their faith.I have meet some persons like that who do not indulge in certain things trade because of their faith.
Well I think the best thing is to respect the wishes and aspirations of most people especially when it comes to issues of their faith as some people can go overboard because of their faith to do certain things that one we consider as illogical.

Religions preach love and how we can be in peace with one another without harming them I'll only engage into a business that will only have benefit to the humanity and not something that will harm my brothers and sisters.

Religion sure do have a very critical role to play in the type of business we do. There are some religion that does not allow the women to certain types of work that they think it's strictly for men

Religion indeed affects the kind of business people venture into especially for people who are deeply involved in their faith,certain business might be illegal and not to be considered based on religion.

No religion is different from the job you do... top senior pastors work in beer companies why don't they quite there job and in the Muslim word imams work in beer companies and they are senior staffs.

Am a graphic designer and graphic design is for every religion and everyone both young and old, man or woman, graphic design doesn't select

Yes. As a Christian, religion plays a vital role in the type of business we do. For instance, some religions forbids the consumption of pork(pig meat) therefore you can't sell what is against your religion otherwise you are being hypocritical. Bad habits such as smoking too and lots more.

Well I think the best thing is to respect the wishes and aspirations of most people especially when it comes to issues of their faith as some people can go overboard because of their faith to do certain things that one we consider as illogical.
I quite agree with you on ths issue that borthers on religion,because faith comes first in most of the persons if not all individual that carryb out their normal activity,so it should be respected.

Religion has affected the way people perceive things most especially in this modern era,I know for a fact that a particular religion forbids it's worshippers from taking interest on debts

I quite agree with you on ths issue that borthers on religion,because faith comes first in most of the persons if not all individual that carryb out their normal activity,so it should be respected.
The worst part is that some people can go to the extreme mind of killing people simply because of their faith and this is what is called extremism so when it comes to businesses people take their feet very seriously that they can allow it to decide the kind of business that they go into

The worst part is that some people can go to the extreme mind of killing people simply because of their faith and this is what is called extremism so when it comes to businesses people take their feet very seriously that they can allow it to decide the kind of business that they go into
Very true,i remember when i was in a particular locality,the persons there are very conservative mostly because of their religious inclination,they don't indulge in some certain life style and association that is at variance with their faith.

Well to me I can say religion has an effect on the kind of business individuals partake. some religions seriously condemned some of the business most especially such are immorally carried out that is against the law of the land or the state.

I was discussing this with my co-worker a few days ago. She wanted to start a business but has no idea about what to sell. So I told her to solve the needs of the people in her area, especially since the area is still developing.

After careful examination, she said because she is the wife of an Islamic cleric, she would not be allowed to sell the products.
What do you think of this? Does religion have a role to play in businesses?
In my country, religion kind of influences the type of business in a particular region or location. In a region or area dominated by Muslim selling product like alcohol and some food will not strive or will not be allowed. Because it's against their their religion and believe.

Yes of course, because there are some business that religion can never support and there are some that religion can support as well, so before going into business you must check before starting up.

Well the truth is except one is not a believer,there would be restrictions to some particular jobs. For example,a muslim can do all kinds of jobs because of their religion

In my opinion, the influence of religion on business is not that big, because I saw that there are some meat traders in the market that are labeled halal (for Muslims), and not far from them there are pork sellers, so to get consumers, they have a different market share,

I was discussing this with my co-worker a few days ago. She wanted to start a business but has no idea about what to sell. So I told her to solve the needs of the people in her area, especially since the area is still developing.

After careful examination, she said because she is the wife of an Islamic cleric, she would not be allowed to sell the products.
What do you think of this? Does religion have a role to play in businesses?
Yes.
Religion has a role to play in businesses. People of certain religions are not allowed to engage in certain businesses.

The religious can also have effect on the type of business you are doing. It can be very hard to see a staunch Muslim selling pork or in pig rearing business.

Yes of course, because there are some business that religion can never support and there are some that religion can support as well, so before going into business you must check before starting up.
The truth is that in Nigeria especially in the North there are some businesses that they will never start because their religion forbids is the currents and the beer manufacturing business full stop in fact they set up a religious police that destroyed beer so in a place like that religion is affecting the kind of business that they can start.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds