Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does religion have an effect on the type of business to do?

I was discussing this with my co-worker a few days ago. She wanted to start a business but has no idea about what to sell. So I told her to solve the needs of the people in her area, especially since the area is still developing.

After careful examination, she said because she is the wife of an Islamic cleric, she would not be allowed to sell the products.
What do you think of this? Does religion have a role to play in businesses?
To the religious fanatics,yeah. But for me I don't want any form of religious menace interfering in my line of duty,knowing what is right and what is wrong is my principle.

Advertisement Placeholder
Some religion doesn't permit their believers or worshippers to partake in certain situations,so yes religion affect business

I think religion do have a role to play while looking out for business to engage yourself with as an individual. There are certain businesses people can't go into mainly because it goes against their faith although other religions might see it as normal

Yes of course, religion do have an effect on the type of business one is expected to be doing or can do. You take the selling of alcohols for instance, some Muslim community would not allow any of their followers to do such type of business

I was discussing this with my co-worker a few days ago. She wanted to start a business but has no idea about what to sell. So I told her to solve the needs of the people in her area, especially since the area is still developing.

After careful examination, she said because she is the wife of an Islamic cleric, she would not be allowed to sell the products.
Yes.
Religion affects the kind of business people do.
I have a friend who runs a winery.
He sells assorted wines, asides alcoholic ones, because his Christian denomination kicks against it.

Many individuals seek to please and praise God via the way they conduct business. They hold themselves accountable to God and to their religious community for their professional performance as well as their ethical decisions.

Yes, there are different kind of religion with different kind of doctrine and believe system, and most doctrines are different from each other. And some doctrines frown at some kind of businesses so yes religion restrict people from some certain businesses

I believe one's religion can affect the kind of business one does, for instancea devoted christian can't own a night club or bar

Yes, religion matters when it comes to the kind or work one should do, the same thing goes to the choice business as well.
I believe in decency, as such, I can't start revealing, indecent and ungodly clothing business, I will end up contradicting myself.

Religion do affect the kind of work or business that we can do. Been a devoted Christian. It is not advisable to do any business that involves any illegal like selling if hard drug
First of all not just religiou forbids the sales of hard drugs even society is against that so as long as society isn't against a sale or law is against i doubt if religion can stand in the way.

First of all not just religiou forbids the sales of hard drugs even society is against that so as long as society isn't against a sale or law is against i doubt if religion can stand in the way.
I dont think religion have any effect on any business,for instant let talk about the drugs business if you are into that feild and do your business without the concient of your religion then how do you expect them to know except you just follow the normal procedure by adhering to what your preacher said,so I dont think religion has an hand in this.

Yes, religion plays a strong role in determining the choice of business of certain individuals depending on their faith. Sports betting industry, fashion industry and entertainment industry are off-limits for some people due to conflicting ideologies.

For me only in a relative sense. Religion- Business. Business is business even when it operates behind a religious front. The U.S. Catholic Church has suffered a 50-percent drop in seminary enrollment since 1967. Obviously, that does not reflect good business. So, now they are sending “recruitment directors” to the American Management Association for business training.
[automerge]1634372639[/automerge]
For me it does affect, some religion prohibits certain kinds of business dealings, like drugs and human trafficking. But have you noticed that many religions appear to be more focused on making money than on providing spiritual guidance? They market and sell services and merchandise. Many of their leaders are paid large salaries and live in luxury. Consider just a few examples:
  • An investigation revealed that one Catholic bishop over a period of 13 years used church funds to pay for nearly 150 trips on private jets and some 200 limousine rides. He also spent well over four million dollars on renovations to his church residence.
  • A preacher in one African country regularly holds religious services with tens of thousands of attendees. His large church complex sells all kinds of merchandise—from “miracle oil” to branded towels and T-shirts. While most who attend are poor, he is extremely wealthy.

Last edited:
Religious to cause a barrier to some business, but the type of business I do it doesn't have anything to do with religion in a bad way. It's for all religion.

There are alot of some kind of business that is against the religion of some certain individuals or the religion is always against it. most especially those kind if business that is not authorized by the government of. the state or country and the individuals are still practicing it.

In a normal case scenario religion should not have effect on a business because business is all about selling and buying of goods and services but in the society today some religious ban people from selling a particular kind of goals and commodity

Yes of course a religion has a very big role model to play in our business to do most cases nowadays selling, blood or pig is prohibited.

I don't think any religion will support selling of illegal products. Someone who is a devoted Hindi we never said cow meat as they believe that cattles are special creation. Muslims don't sell anything related to pigs either the meat of the skin.

religion definitely has roles to play in business, taking a serious and devoted Muslim for example, such Muslim will not engage in selling tobacco, alcohol or venturing into gambling/betting or illegal shady deals as these are against the tenets of his religion as God will not be happy with those who encourage such things due to the danger such things cause among people. Such a Muslim would rather deal in products which are acceptable in the religion.

Religious can shape the type of business you are going to do. it can be very hard to see a staunch Muslim setting up a pork business. Also a good Muslim cannot set up a beer parlour.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds