Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does religion have an effect on the type of business to do?

It can be very hard to open a shop or business on selling beer in a country governed by Islamic bodies. The reason is that their religion forbids taking alcohol either for pleasure from or any other thing.

Advertisement Placeholder
Religion do affect the kind of work or business that we can do. Been a devoted Christian. It is not advisable to do any business that involves any illegal like selling if hard drug
I want to believe any illegal means of getting money is not a business. Devoted christians wouldn't venture into bar tending or own gamble shops

Well I don't think religion stops anyone from selling any product I believe only fanatics reason like that as long as you are not selling human parts then religion does not stop you from selling any product.

I don't think religion affects people's choice of businesses because when we're talking about business it's legit without any hidden plans..

Truly it does religion as alot to play in business,I don't know of other country but here in this country about 80% people in my country are very religious,they tends to listen to their clergy more ,and some religion kick against some business.

Religion is something that I consider a lot when making a business decision because the customers are the ultimate target and it will be useless trying to sell a product that they will not buy.

Religion affects most business, like my tenant who does not go to church on sundays because he was suspended from church for doing a pools version business which is prohibited in his church....

I was discussing this with my co-worker a few days ago. She wanted to start a business but has no idea about what to sell. So I told her to solve the needs of the people in her area, especially since the area is still developing.

After careful examination, she said because she is the wife of an Islamic cleric, she would not be allowed to sell the products.
What do you think of this? Does religion have a role to play in businesses?
Yes.
Religion plays a role in some businesses.
Some religion may allow for the rearing of cattle, goats, sheep and poultry, and forbid rearing of pigs.
There are some jobs a certain religion are forbidden to take.

There are some specific kind of business that every religion is against the practice of such most especially those kind of business that are against the law of the country such as sales of harmful substances like hard drugs etc.

Truly it does religion as alot to play in business,I don't know of other country but here in this country about 80% people in my country are very religious,they tends to listen to their clergy more ,and some religion kick against some business.
I don't really know why a lot of people take religion so seriously today send that it will affect the kind of business that they will want to start up in life. I am not the kind of person that will take religion too seriously for it to affect my business.

It depends on the level of your religious commitment. Take for example, selling beer or hang out joints might not be favourable to a pastor or a commitment man of God.

A business should exist as a personal entity but sometimes religion being the spiritual guide of man we often allow religion to guide our decisions in business dealings

There are many places in the world in which religion has restricted people from carrying out certain business venture because it is against their beliefs

Yeah it definitely works and choose a good business to do the one is forbidden, like Muslims are not allowed to takes something alcoholic and some kind of bush meat like pig, monkey,Donkey, E t c.

Yeah it definitely works and choose a good business to do the one is forbidden, like Muslims are not allowed to takes something alcoholic and some kind of bush meat like pig, monkey,Donkey, E t c.
They have been able to stay far away from all these businesses for quite some time and I am so amazed at how they have been able to stay off all these businesses for that long. The Muslims in my country do not want any alcoholic beverage in fact there are always in the habit of destroying alcoholic drinks like beer but at the end of the day they would want the value added tax gotten from all these alcoholic beverages.

Sure, religion does have effect on the type of business one does. In fact, religion is an external business environmental factor that determine the sales and profit of a business. A business that deals with goods prohibited by a particular religion, will not sell. For instance, when you go to the core Islamic states, where alcohol is a crime to take or sale, you will never make sale. Ordinarily, as I child of God(Christian) some business cannot be negotiated to run. E.g, the sales of cigarette, alcohol, etc.

Religion is not something to joke about should be taken seriously because at the end of the day...it would tell how/the way we live af. Selling things like amunitions that can kill other people is not a show of love and God doesn't support it

First I will say it depends on how deep the person is when we talk about religion his believe in the clergy and religion belief if the person his a core religious person then it will affect some business,since some religion doesn't support all business

Religion do affect the kind of work or business that we can do. Been a devoted Christian. It is not advisable to do any business that involves any illegal like selling if hard drug
All religions are against illegal activities but make yiu wonder why there are kits if people engaging in these several illegal acts and still claim religion

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds