Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does religion have an effect on the type of business to do?

Yes, my religion forbids some activities all for the wellbeing of man's life, some of which are dealing in fraud, selling pork or engaging in pork related activities, alcohol related activities which includes selling and gambling amongst others

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes most definitely religion plays a role in businesses that want to cater to religious community. For example people visit church or mosque or temple there are shops selling books on Christianity or bibal or islamic studies or hinduism Buddhism or articles such as cross or aum anything which might be of interest to people of respective relion. In other business as well religion matters too even if not involed in religious ways such big business who employ people based on their talents skills education from all religions not looking or being conserned about their religion. They too celebrate Diwali Christmas easter eid festivals so that a sort of social Harmony is there and followed by everyonen to keep employees happy and also to encourage tolerance and acceptance of all sorts of people.
As long as religion is there business or social community will always be influenced. As long as people and community are there religion will always play a role in every field and aspect of human life

Yes of course they are some business that is against someone's belief and so such business is been affected by the person's religion,for example am Christian they are business I can't venture into like selling of illegal hard drugs, alcoholic drinks etc.
You are right about that mate as am also a Christian. Ones religion do play a vital role in spelling out for individuals, businesses that they are meant to engage in and others that they need to stay clear away from.

yes sure there are some business that religion does not support and also me particularly I don't support this kind of business such as betting I don't support such things

Yes one's religion has a very strong hold on what type of business he or she will want to do most times. For the sake of one's own concience and spirituality, they'll rather stay away from certain types of business if their religion is against it

Well, I believe it is possible because there are some religious group that banned certain things in which the other religious group does see anything wrong with it, in this case you need to respect your religion and obey what they said is wrong.

Yes religion does. most especially those kind of business which has negative dedication on the kind.of business you are practising. it's mostly concerned with those kind of business that are legit and well recognized by the government of the state.

If we talk about the effect on business, it might be negative or positive effect, surely religion has effect in some business take for instance, Islam don't eat pork meat so they cant sell anything related to pig meat and also Islamic material like rosary doesn't has to with christian therefore religion has effect in business
One of the major problem we have in business is religion because there are some certain things our believe system will not allow us to sell and this has really make some person to lose a lot of money, knowing fully well dat people needs this product because of your believe system you can't sell them

Definitely yes! Religion has effect on the kind of business one would do. It's very important to know this. A Christian can't actually go into some business. Like selling of alcohols and hard drugs

I don't let religion affect the kind of things I do. I put religion separately in every thing I do because I see religion as an opium of masses
No I don't think that religion has an effect in any kind of business are you doing I do legit a business a business that don't have to do with what people will take as sin

I was discussing this with my co-worker a few days ago. She wanted to start a business but has no idea about what to sell. So I told her to solve the needs of the people in her area, especially since the area is still developing.

After careful examination, she said because she is the wife of an Islamic cleric, she would not be allowed to sell the products.
What do you think of this? Does religion have a role to play in businesses?
Every one have their believe and should always abide by the commandments of their religion. You shouldn't go against your believe in order to make money because it's a disrespect to your God. If your religion says know to a particular product or services then there's no need engaging in it to make money

I
I was discussing this with my co-worker a few days ago. She wanted to start a business but has no idea about what to sell. So I told her to solve the needs of the people in her area, especially since the area is still developing.

After careful examination, she said because she is the wife of an Islamic cleric, she would not be allowed to sell the products.
What do you think of this? Does religion have a role to play in businesses?
I believe religion as a lot to play in the kind of business we do, especially as Africans. You don't expect a Christian to sell drinks in a brothel or a prostitution house, this might evidently cause such person to start thinking about involving his or herself in such act of fornication or adultery, which contradict his or her belief. Just as John Mbite argues "African are religious religious", not just Africans but other continents too. Religion have a role to play in our business life, because it influences us positively or negatively.

Though some people always allow religion to affect them while choosing some business but I don't think I can allow that. I will do whatever I am pleased with.
I have seen religion affecting so many businesses that most people are choosing to start up simply because those people are probably fanatic in their religious beliefs but as for those liberal religious people they do not allow their religious doctrines to affect the business that they want to start up all the finally do.

Some actually do, but I don't think your religion or religious beliefs should stop you from going into a business venture if you know it's ethically ok.
You are right but the issue I have with Africa is the way we embrass religion as if is our birth right and so many have lost good business because of religion.

I am someone who so much consider religion for everything that I am doing and most especially that of the target customers because it would determine a lot of things.

To some extent religion does affects the type of business that we do. Some businesses are not permitted by some religion, making people practising the religion to totally avoid it.
And I have noticed that it's important that we respect each other's religion and give chance for improvement not segregation which can lead to Religious wars.

You are right but the issue I have with Africa is the way we embrass religion as if is our birth right and so many have lost good business because of religion.
Well, I do believe that there are different kinds of religion. But for the one am part of which is Christianity, I don't think it will stop you from doing any business that doesn't cause a negative impact on you as a person and your spiritual life. Unless you want to go into scamming people and dealing on drugs

Religion is good but sometimes you have to chase what you like to do as long as it doesn't have any effects on the society, religion should not prevent people from expressing their natural talents.

Well, I do believe that there are different kinds of religion. But for the one am part of which is Christianity, I don't think it will stop you from doing any business that doesn't cause a negative impact on you as a person and your spiritual life. Unless you want to go into scamming people and dealing on drugs
That's the thing, different religions have different acceptable terms relating to business and depending on the religion one belongs to will determine your business lifestyle

Religious believe affects of the business some people are going to do. For instance, a staunch Muslim can never go into pork breeding and selling business. A devoted Hindi worship I can never slaughter a cow for business.
One of the major challenge people have in business is religion, it seems religion control how people live their daily life, even if you know you can make money from particular product but because of your religion you can't sell it

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds