Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does religion have an effect on the type of business to do?

Religion sure has a role to play, you cannot expect someone whose religion forbids alcoholic to get engaged in the business of buying and selling it.

Advertisement Placeholder
Religion tends to affect people the most, if they strictly adhere to what they believe and follow. I do see it being an issue with being able to sell or make products, based on the area and the beliefs. You wouldn't see me selling pork to the Jewish neighborhood, if most of those were devout Jews.

While my own religion prohibits certain things; the council that has always been there, is that if you feel like handling the items will prevent you from feeling like you can follow the tenets of your beliefs, then don't participate in those jobs that can potentially put you into situations where you don't want to work with those items.

Religion do affect the kind of work or business that we can do. Been a devoted Christian. It is not advisable to do any business that involves any illegal like selling if hard drug
Selling of hard drugs is an illegal business for every religion. The point they are legal and genuine businesses that is greatly affected by dorminat religion of the area. Like selling of alcohol, pork and hotel and clubs etc.

I was discussing this with my co-worker a few days ago. She wanted to start a business but has no idea about what to sell. So I told her to solve the needs of the people in her area, especially since the area is still developing.

After careful examination, she said because she is the wife of an Islamic cleric, she would not be allowed to sell the products.
What do you think of this? Does religion have a role to play in businesses?
Religion is in fact a very strong factor in the way that people live their lives and this extends to business. Religion is a belief system and if a business idea doesn't tally with belief most people don't want to get involved.

I think yes,because there are other religion that don't admit other business,also others people believe might differ from other's, that is how religion affect business.

Yes, religion has do much great effect, in the type of business it people or it members are engaged. some of the religion preaches obedience to the laws of the land and any violation is a sin. to that, those kind of business that are not legal, the religion condemned it.

Religion plays a major role in some businesses.
Sometimes you may decide that you want your products and services to include your religion. Sometimes this can be a blessing because the religious are your target audience. You know your target audience better than anyone, therefore you are best placed to meet their needs and expectations. In the other hand, there are situations where some people feel threatened due to religion, such as the cake maker who was sued because they refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding.
LoL the example you gave is quit funny, but I don't really see a reason for them to sue the cake baker. Everyone have a choice, after all it's a free world. I can decide to say I won't sell for a particular set of persons. Though it might be wrong but it's my choice. What do you think about that issue?

There are actually a lot of people that do not care about what their religion says about business, provided they're making good profits that is all that matters.

Religion do affect the kind of work or business that we can do. Been a devoted Christian. It is not advisable to do any business that involves any illegal like selling if hard drug
I don't think that the business of selling drugs is actually affected by any form of religion because it is actually those people who are not supposed to make use of those products that actually purchasing it.

There are actually a lot of people that do not care about what their religion says about business, provided they're making good profits that is all that matters.
In this part of the country, I believe religious beliefs really have a strong influence on some of the business activities that people engage in.

Of course religion has a big role to play in business. For example if you are selling the menu of blood of pig and then there is a religious group that does not eat with blood of pigs.
I've actually read about some part of the country that don't eat that particular meat which if you decide to start up the business of selling that kind of meat in that location you will not really sell anything.

This is mainly for people that are religious in nature, they might really believe that religious will be able to help them even if they do not plan and organise their business properly.. but it may not really be possible this way as I understand.

Yes you are right by saying that and I am very sure Likewise most of the religions,they don't accept any sort of illegal activity among there people.

Religion do affects Some of the businesses we do, if you are in the same religion as mine selling or buying of dirty things are prohibited.

Yes, some times, religion affects the kind of business we do. Ethics of religion doesn't want us to promote the sales and consumption of some products such as a Christian selling alcohol and cigarettes. It might turn out to be a topic for the non Christians
You are right but I don't think religion should be the main determinant of the kind of job or business that we will be doing. What matter the most is if we are good and really have passion for that kind of job. I don't think any religion specifically speculate the business to do and the ones not to do.

Especially in African countries, religion does a long way in determining what businesses people do, like it is difficult for a devout Christian to engage in buying or selling or alcohols.

Whenever I want to create a business the religion and personal beliefs of mine target customers is something that I take into consideration because that will go a long way.

We have diverse numbers of business that can be affected by religion most especially If you or your spouse are a religious people , a good example is a pastor wife that wishes to open a club house where People can drink beer and have fun, Its not biblical so people will start to talk,

I took a lot of time to think about this topic before saying what I think about it. It is true Religion affects the kind of business we do. Christianity does not support gambling. I feel this means a good Christian she not even own gambling shop
Seriously, I don't think that any Christians are really too worried about getting into gambling business. In fact, most gambling and betting houses are done by them.

I took a lot of time to think about this topic before saying what I think about it. It is true Religion affects the kind of business we do. Christianity does not support gambling. I feel this means a good Christian she not even own gambling shop
There is no way you would expect some people not to do gambling games and business because they are Christians. They need to feed and make money irrespective of being into church.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds