Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you believe that MBA studies may prepare you well for the job of a manager?

Joshua Farrell

Captain Junkie
Credits

For those that don't have the skill naturally, I think it does help to go through college to get the MBA (Masters in Business Administration).

Advertisement Placeholder
Masters is business administration may most likely come in handy in running a business as knowledge of business is being explained but that doesn't make MBA absolutely important prerequisite to be successful in business, we've seen many business men or women who are successful in business and didn't even go to school.

It depends on a multiple of different factors. For instance the school where you attended and the degree you have gotten.

Some MBA holders cannot even manage a small business, talk less of a company.

Of course it's on the the many ways that could prepare you for a managerial job but there are of course other means to get such

For those that don't have the skill naturally, I think it does help to go through college to get the MBA (Masters in Business Administration).
I believe MBA studies can prepare one well for a job of a manager.
Although there are many people who do not have to go through such program in order to be able to run businesses.
Having The MBA knowledge is a big plus.

To some extent I be it helps and it would go a long way but it also depends on your personal efforts as well, how willing are you to become a manager? You have to not just study but also work on yourself, how you think and everything.

Well if I can say the motive of being a leader or a manager is inbuilt not necessarily to undergo studies like to have the MBA. there are alot of people who have undergo such but they are not doing very well and those who are doing well without undergoing the MBA.

I agree having a master's in business administration would help in making one a better worker and manager for the business world but MBA is book knowledge, business has its own knowledge so having a business skill and knowledge is necessary

I think it helps open up opportunities and put you at the door to business opportunities. I think you could put the knowledge into use, however not in all situations.

Yea, having a masters in business administration can actually give you the knowledge you need to becoming a manager.

Of course it's on the the many ways that could prepare you for a managerial job but there are of course other means to get such
That seems to be true I think that could prepare you for that position but the issue is that some firm will need higher qualification than that so for this aspect I beleive that if you could have higher qualification it will be more better than that

Well I have gotten to understand that being a manager is more than the paper called certificate, well on paper yes but as a ceo I will look at if you are really worth the position

Very well.
I believe anyone who has an MBA should be able to manage a business effectively.
Not everyone needs to get this though...but for a manager position, an MBA is a plus.

Yes, I believe that the MBA studies could make one improve positively in managerial duties. I also suggest that anyone who hasn't undergone the MBA studies shouldn't assume the position!

Being a manager is way more than having an MBA. It requires having a certain traits and attributes of a leader and to coordinate things. MBA is just added advantage but is not a must you have MBA before you can be a successful manager.

Yes of course, having MBA is most likely going to be very important in getting you prepared for the role of a business manager at least theoretically. You will need some practical experience to master the job very well.

The word manager really differs from the educational aspect even if you will be taught on how to handle some matters but I feel it is beyond certificate issue,it won't guarantee that you will be able to manage a business

MBA is a professional course that is the bedrock for the whole management courses, it has help many in security good job

My brother who read economics in the University is currently working for one firm and is undergoing his masters in business studies in order to help boost his level in the company.

One cannot underscore the importance of MBA,as it will go a long way to understand some of the administrative aspect involve in business,but the business environment goes beyound that,because the intrigues and environment might be totally different from what you learnt in The classroom.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds