Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you believe that MBA studies may prepare you well for the job of a manager?

MBA program will provide you with solid foundation in the corporate world. it is going to provide me with some of the things you are going to come across when you found yourself in the management position of a company and how to go about them.

Advertisement Placeholder
Do you believe that MBA studies may prepare you well for the job of a manager?

For those that don't have the skill naturally, I think it does help to go through college to get the MBA (Masters in Business Administration).
No knowledge is a waste, especially if one doesn't naturally have the skills required in that field. It may be stressful especially if one doesn't have a lot of time which most people don't.

It depends on a multiple of different factors. For instance the school where you attended and the degree you have gotten.

Some MBA holders cannot even manage a small business, talk less of a company.
I do not believe that it depends on the school when it's not like one went to play in the school, they should have definitely discussed something or two about business why they can't run it is because they lack practical experience

Of course it's on the the many ways that could prepare you for a managerial job but there are of course other means to get such
This is actually very correct because it will equip you with all the knowledge that you need to be able to succeed in the upcoming managerial role that you are supposed to see yourself into.

Definitely that would be helpful when considering being a manager rather than not having such knowledge to begin with, there are actually lots that would be learnt too that would be prove invaluable down the line

In some instances, it may be considered as much helpful even though it depends on the individual knowledge. some of the graduates from the same course can not be able to evaluate business proposals and not even to maintain or manage.
Yes sometimes, it may helped you to br successful but it doesn't gives you a guarantee to be a successful manager in any business. there are alot of people who has the certificate but they can not perform in the business field.

Last edited:
Well, this is up to an individual as some do acquire the required knowledge they need to operate or manage w business but still doesn't know how to apply it in real life situations.

Actually it's not necessarily but it's an added advantage to your management skills these is because there are alot of people who are not into or undergo MBA but have the necessary skills to manage effectively.

You are right , MBA might as well prepare you for the the future ,most especially prepare you for a management position when you are ready to take on the mantle of leadership

The masters in business administration is definitely something that you should want to take and even more so is if you view the track record of people who have done it before. Do you does not automatically guarantee that you are going to be successful.

The MBA studies could prepare you for the position of a manager and it may not. It all depends on the person involved. So many people have lots of qualification more than the MBA in the business administration but do not fit the managerial positions because they don't have the skills.

The MBA studies could prepare you for the position of a manager and it may not. It all depends on the person involved. So many people have lots of qualification more than the MBA in the business administration but do not fit the managerial positions because they don't have the skills.
well, I think having an MBA degree will make you more prepared for the rigours of business. However, I don't think it is a compulsory prerequisite to become a successful businessman.

Taking an MBA is one of the biggest decisions that I have some people take and it actually turned out to be worthwhile. If you have the money then I will advise you to take it.

I think it helps open up opportunities and put you at the door to business opportunities. I think you could put the knowledge into use, however not in all situations.

I believe that it is going to equip you with more knowledge for you to perform better as a business manager but it does not mean that someone who doesn't have MBA in business degree will not do well as a business manager as well. It will simply make it very easy for you to get the job because you have better qualification.

I just wanted to chime in and say that yes, I do believe. It provides you with a solid foundation of business knowledge and skills that can be invaluable in a managerial position. Plus, it's a great opportunity to network and learn from experienced professionals. Of course, natural skills and experience are important too, but an MBA can definitely give you an edge and enhance your managerial abilities.

Financial education and literacy is pretty important. This is why you will see that majority of the position holders and executives are people who are pretty much educated and this is why they become capable of handling such kind of positions in the first place.

Financial education and literacy is pretty important. This is why you will see that majority of the position holders and executives are people who are pretty much educated and this is why they become capable of handling such kind of positions in the first place.

Both the theoretical and practical aspects of the knowledge that you need as a business manager is very important for the success you are going to get playing the part in the business because you cannot do without them.

I am going to be honest in saying that I don't think MBAs are for everyone. I know a few people who ended up going in a completely different direction after acquiring such degrees. If you have a good sense for business already, studding banking is better. You will learn to manage your money without wasting time.

I am going to be honest in saying that I don't think MBAs are for everyone. I know a few people who ended up going in a completely different direction after acquiring such degrees. If you have a good sense for business already, studding banking is better. You will learn to manage your money without wasting time.

In order to learn about business, you do not necessarily need to pursue an MBA degree. You can pursue other business management courses and other degrees as well. having said that, MBA is considered one of the most popular degrees.

The simple truth is that most people cannot even afford to undergo that level of education when it comes to getting MBA which is why a lot of them prefer to go through the practical channel of learning in person and getting everything they need to know from being involved in a physical business.

The simple truth is that most people cannot even afford to undergo that level of education when it comes to getting MBA which is why a lot of them prefer to go through the practical channel of learning in person and getting everything they need to know from being involved in a physical business.
This is true as well. You can actually take finance classes online that are fairly cheap or attend a trade school/community college where you will pay way less to learn.
In order to learn about business, you do not necessarily need to pursue an MBA degree. You can pursue other business management courses and other degrees as well. having said that, MBA is considered one of the most popular degrees.
Yup. there are always going to be alternatives and options. For people that are really struggling and can't afford anything, there are free online courses on YouTube of all places that are legit.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds