Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you believe that MBA studies may prepare you well for the job of a manager?

When you have and MBA, you will be eligible to work for high paying executive jobs not just a manager. IN order to become a manager, you also need experience.

Advertisement Placeholder
MBA studies can truly make you a better manager. It equips you with skills that improves your management styles. Therefore, it is best for an aspiring manager to take this course. You will even end up being hired in bigger companies if you have these qualifications.

I have always believed that having experience along with education is necessary for having a stable job or getting more job opportunities.

Education does not always determine skills but i believe that masters in business administration will prepare one for the position of a manager.

An MBA student might have studied theory but if he has no job experience, then he might struggle to apply that practical knowledge in his or her professional life. So experience is a much important thing.

If you are aspiring to be a manager, MBA Program will help you develop advanced skills and experience in your career, it will help you develop advanced and flexible management skills, it will give you access to an extensive business network.

Though, the major aim of going for MBA programme is to be versed in managing business, it is not a prerequisite. This is becuase we have so many people that do not go through MBA and they are good managers likewise we have some that passed through MBA and are not good at managing business.

Of course it's on the the many ways that could prepare you for a managerial job but there are of course other means to get such
Personally have always believed that education is power and information gives you more power so I believe that having an MBA in business studies is always going to have you more equipped to work as a manager very well.

I would like to be realistic about post-graduate studies. Believe me when I say that most MBA courses are not actually designed to help you become a manager or to perform the job of a manager in a better way. I am in the second year of MBA studies and all I've learned so far are stuff that I have already learned in the undergraduate studies except that many of them are now being discussed through case studies. When I brought this up with a professor, I was told that most post-graduate studies are designed to help students gain accreditation and advancement in the teaching profession. Otherwise, they aren't that useful for managers and executives. My profession, for example, requires teachers to be MBA graduates. Thus, MBA is mandatory.

Of course it's on the the many ways that could prepare you for a managerial job but there are of course other means to get such
No matter the knowledge that you have already business it is always going to serve you more better when you acquire and MBA certificate in business studies especially if you plan to go higher in managerial department.

I know of many MBA graduates who are good in management but not all of them have the skills. It is like getting the theories in the MBA studies but the application varies from person to person. Even those with a PhD are not assured of being good in their field. Their personality certainly affects their performance in the field they are in.

To some extent I be it helps and it would go a long way but it also depends on your personal efforts as well, how willing are you to become a manager? You have to not just study but also work on yourself, how you think and everything.
There is no arguing the fact that knowledge is power which is why I believe that it's something that is going to be very beneficial to the person that is looking to become a manager in the future.

Masters is business administration may most likely come in handy in running a business as knowledge of business is being explained but that doesn't make MBA absolutely important prerequisite to be successful in business, we've seen many business men or women who are successful in business and didn't even go to school.
I totally agree with you. Studying it opens one eyes to things he/she never knew. But it doesn't mean not going for an MBA would make one less successful. There are illiterate millionaires out there

Yes of course, having MBA is most likely going to be very important in getting you prepared for the role of a business manager at least theoretically. You will need some practical experience to master the job very well.

Sure it does, there are a lot of people with degrees already and it would definitely be difficult to get a manager position with just a degree. So it is better to just get the MBA, provided you have the resources.

I don't think having a masters in business administration can make one more likely to become a business manager because some times some one with experience may be chosen over a masters holder.

To some extent I be it helps and it would go a long way but it also depends on your personal efforts as well, how willing are you to become a manager? You have to not just study but also work on yourself, how you think and everything.
The knowledge that you actually get from doing that successfully is going to is very in men's when it comes to being able to run a business successfully unlike someone who didn't acquire that knowledge.

Obtaining Master of Business administration prepare someone thing to come across when he or she becomes manager in a company. The person still need some real experiences in order to have in-depth understanding of some of them things I thought when he was undergoing Master of Business administration degree.

There is no arguing the fact that knowledge is power which is why I believe that it's something that is going to be very beneficial to the person that is looking to become a manager in the future.
That's right, like what my mom always say, it's not just about having the knowledge, you should be able to make use of the knowledge you have. And it's true, there are persons who have the knowledge about a particular thing but they do not make use of it at all.

I believe that business is both theory and practical so having an MBA would increase one's skills in the field of business but one would still require the practical aspect.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds