Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Delivery issues of online stores

I mainly use jumia and Jiji for delivery services but recently I stopped using Jumia because their delivery charges is so exorbitant and the products are no longer durable.

Advertisement Placeholder
For the online stores that deliver their products, the issue now is the expense on the delivery. When the store would charge the customer for the delivery then the customer may be turned off. Small online stores here are complaining that the delivery service providers like Grab Food charges a high delivery fee. They are the motorcycle delivery service that charges on a per kilometer trip. If you have an online store that sells merchandise what kind of delivery system do you use? Do you charge the customer for the delivery? Do you have a specific limit on the distance of the customer?
Most online stores when you get to order a product usually ask if to add charge on delivery or not.
I think customers are usually aware of the charges before going ahead to order.
If i had an online store, i would certainly add charge for delivery.

For the online stores that deliver their products, the issue now is the expense on the delivery. When the store would charge the customer for the delivery then the customer may be turned off. Small online stores here are complaining that the delivery service providers like Grab Food charges a high delivery fee. They are the motorcycle delivery service that charges on a per kilometer trip. If you have an online store that sells merchandise what kind of delivery system do you use? Do you charge the customer for the delivery? Do you have a specific limit on the distance of the customer?
I offer delivery services. The charge depends on the distance to be covered. Still, I always try to make it affordable for my customers. My delivery charge isn't outrageous and i have motorcycles dispatching products to even distant places.

I always buy from local store, either from the store in my town or any store within the country. Normally, I get my products in less than 3 days, sometimes it might take 5 days. If I don't receive products in 5 days, I will never buy from this store again.

Generally speaking, when I buy form foreign stores, they take a long time to ship products, for example, when I buy from Amazon or Aliexpress, I have to wait for at least 6 weeks.

One thing we do when it comes to delivery is that we put in some charges which will b seperate from the cost of the products,we have our own delivery bikes that do this for us.Most times we just do the delivery free of charge if the distance is not far.

Apart from the high delivery fees of most online stores, they also fail to deliver the promised quality of goods that was ordered. In few instances, some deliver shoes or clothes in different sizes or sometimes the products are not always in good condition.

There was a time when online delivery store peaked a lot in my country. Actually, I am talking about the time when pandemic was at its peak last year. Online sales surged a lot at that time and delivery business was flourishing.

I don't know why it is expensive over There but here I think the shipping fee to your location is something you can afford depending on the products and also depending on the location in which these products will be coming from, depends on the economy of a country also

The issue I'm most bothered with when shopping online is the delayal in delivery. Having to wait for 3 weeks before you get the products you pay for is ridiculous

I mainly use jumia and Jiji for delivery services but recently I stopped using Jumia because their delivery charges is so exorbitant and the products are no longer durable.
I also noticed the increase in shipping fee on Jumia, the shipping fee now cost 1200 naira, which is just too much honestly. As for their products not being durable, I have no experience in that aspect. Can you share some of your experience on that?

That's very true. You might purchase six different items from an online store to be delivered to you once, that's in a day but they will charge you differently for the various items you bought as regards to delivery fee

Sometimes the delivery fee is always more expensive than the actual product and that is why I decided to stop buying things online because it makes me lose more on the account of delivery fee

I have used jumia for sometime now.
I think they make their deliveries on time and their delivery fees are affordable.
I have not encountered any problem with them before.

I do not run an online delivery business. They online companies I buy from do use dispatch riders with motorcycle, they will charge you for delivery, and delay the delivery of the item. The cost of the item is usually higher than normal.

I have never bought anything online before to be deliver but I have tried to purchase something online because I think that shopping online is very expensive.

Online delivery issues are very common now a days at my side, where someone will order a shoe that the picture was showing that it's good and fine but later the bring something different from what he expects.

If you want to receive products quickly, I think you need to buy from local store. If you buy from the stores that are not base din your country, you might have to wait for a long time.

The cost of delivery is a big problem for retail.
Let’s face it, fuel, vehicle maintenance, payroll, return deliveries, free-shipping, customer service, and other operational expenses can all eat into your profit.
What’s worse, if you don’t find a way to keep those costs down, you can end up passing them on to your customers.

When I buy from ebay or Aliexpress, it tales 6-8 weeks for the product to reach my home. However, when I buy from local store I get the product delievered in 3 days.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds