Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Comparison between countries' minimum monthly wage

Here in Nigeria, the minimum wage is 30 thousand naira. This was raised some months ago. Earlier, it was 18k naira but with an increment in price of services and commodity, there's a need for the increment

Advertisement Placeholder
You are quite right my dear, the minimum wage here in nigeria is #30,000 , and thats for public sector , I mean government workers while private sector pay less and some even earn #10,000 monthly.
Well in my country Nigeria, we have a flat minimum wage for everyone be it in the government or private sector. The minimum wage for my country Nigeria is ₦30,000 monthly salary.

Minimum wage in my country is not even up to $100, I believe the government is trying to provide an amount that can make one work comfortably but it's still not fully implemented in most private companies.

You are quite right my dear, the minimum wage here in nigeria is #30,000 , and thats for public sector , I mean government workers while private sector pay less and some even earn #10,000 monthly.
It's very pathetic that the private sector and the country cannot afford to be paying the minimum wage that the government has set even though inflationary trend is now on a very big increase. It is now becoming very unattractive for most people to work in the private sector as a result of them not being able to pay their workers the way you're supposed to be paid.

I live in a developing country and the sad part is that the government has recently increased the price of petrol in my country. The earning rates of ordinary people remains the same. There is no increase in salary of people. This means more infaltion and less earnings. :(

I will say it's really been hell here in Nigeria because the minimum wage we are having barely sends a child to high school... I can't remember how people were coping when it was #18000 compared to #30000 naira we are having now which is not even something to write home about

What is the minimum wage where you live? What country do you reside in? I'm living in the UK (England) and our government has decided to pay employees based on their age. Here is a screenshot of how much the legal minimum is.

View attachment 2154
For my country, the minimum wage is low and cannot suffice the basic needs of the citizens.
If there should be an increase in minimum wage, it will benefit a lot of workers and would be a great motivation.

My country's minimum wage is so little that it can hardly help us with some important Stuffs. I believe this is due to the over populated state if the country. It can't be compared to other country's minimum wage.

In my country, Nigeria the monthly minimum wage is 30,000 naira which less than $60. The annoying part most public and private organisation still find it difficult to pay.

The minimum wage in my country is just 30000 naira irrespective of the age. Such amount of money is paltry and insufficient considering the rising inflation in the country.

Well in my own country most workers are always underpaid because the people in government are actually very corrupt and selfish that they don't consider the common man

I live in a developing country and minimum wage is about $75 in a month. A labour Union has been providing for several years for an agreement in the minimum wage paid for the worker in the country with no good results. And we have one of highest paying senators in the world in my country.

This thread is quite interesting because it reminds me of the poor economy and a lack of proper implementation of wage and salary laws in my country. Many people earn just $100 or $150 in my country and some people earn much lower than that.

The Federal Government would soon begin monitoring the implementation of the National Minimum Wage Act 2019, which increased the minimum wage for Nigerian workers from N18,000 to N30,000

This issue of minimum wage is a very big problem in my country here. The government of some states is still finding it very difficult to meet up with The N30,000 as agreed by trade union.
The one thing that is very frustrating about how the government handles wages payment is that they don't really care about what happens to the poor masses by not paying the wages when they are supposed to be paid.

MinMinimum wages difference between countries will vary from country to country because of their economic position. Poorer countries most likely pay less minimum wage that richer countries or economies

One thing i have come to understand about the way minimum wage is being paid in my country is that,most states do not have the capacity to meet up with the wage bill of their workers,and so depend on federal impress for survival.

Here in Nigeria, the minimum wage is 30 thousand naira. This was raised some months ago. Earlier, it was 18k naira but with an increment in price of services and commodity, there's a need for the increment
you are right , currently the federal government workers are earning thirty thousand naira while the state government workers are earning around eighteen thousand to twenty two thousand naira depending on the state.

The success of a country and how much they are able to generate per capital from their foreign exchange is what usually determine how the minimum wage will be because , a poor country cannot afford high minimum wage .

There are some underdeveloped countries that have the highest minimum wage and they are still increasing it but their economy is far more worse and the money is valueless.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds