Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Comparison between countries' minimum monthly wage

Well in my country Nigeria, we have a flat minimum wage for everyone be it in the government or private sector. The minimum wage for my country Nigeria is ₦30,000 monthly salary.
That's very true. It is roughly $68 and not every organization obeys this directive. Some state government are even struggling to pay their workers this new minimum wage .
[automerge]1620082004[/automerge]
Well in my country Nigeria, we have a flat minimum wage for everyone be it in the government or private sector. The minimum wage for my country Nigeria is ₦30,000 monthly salary.
That's very true. It is roughly $68 and not every organization obeys this directive. Some state government are even struggling to pay their workers this new minimum wage .

Advertisement Placeholder
Coincidentally, on May 1, in my country Venezuela, the minimum wage was increased to 7 million bolivars, likewise, the basket ticket was increased to 3 million bolivars, so that the integral minimum wage is 10 million bolivars, which is equivalent to the price of the dollar of the day. For example, today it is equal to $4,025 and tomorrow it may change, since the price of the dollar changes daily at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm.

In my country, the minimum salary of an overworked person is just $100-$150. I live in a Tier 3 country and people are often struggling to get a job. People usually get paid $100-$150 per month. Yes, you read it right. Only people at higher positions get paid $500 or more than that and usually such kind of people are highly qualified.
Well, if that country is Nigeria then you're being too merciful with your figures. As at this period according to CBN, $1 is equal to #379. That makes $100 equal to #37,900. Well, very few states are paying the agreed #30,000 per month minimum wage, not to talk of #37,900.
In Nigeria, the recorded minimum wage is $79 per month.

Minimum wage in my country has not been nationally accepted while the federal government workers enjoy some minimum wage of $60, the state varies and the private workers are left in the pawn of their employers to determine what they can offer them.

In my country it is different, the flat rate for minimum wage is thirty thousand naira and not all states and areas adopt this amounts, some still pay lesser.

What is the minimum wage where you live? What country do you reside in? I'm living in the UK (England) and our government has decided to pay employees based on their age. Here is a screenshot of how much the legal minimum is.

View attachment 2154
The minimum wages in my country (Nigeria) is #30,000 for the federal government workers while state worker are getting#18,000 to #22,000 respectively depending on the state.

An economically sound country like first world countries cannot be compared to those of third world countries that are not economically stable when it comes to minimum wage payment. The difference in this area is really wide as some third world countries can't even pay regularly

Concerning comparisons between countries minimum monthly wage. Well, the minimum monthly wage just got a new change in it value of recent, it is now #30,000 per worker and mostly for the government workers . I believe the price can still be increased as the government is capable

The minimum wages in my country (Nigeria) is #30,000 for the federal government workers while state worker are getting#18,000 to #22,000 respectively depending on the state.
That is too small and is same like financial slavery. I don't know why the government is not trying to help the masses by increasing the minimum wage to a reasonable amount.

In Brazil the current minimum wage is 1045 reais (at the current exchange is more or less 200 dollars). But this salary only suits single people (or a couple, no children) who live in suburbs (or worse, in those places called favelas -not recommendable to live there, in any way- where people are free from paying rent and bills). If people need to pay water and electricity supplies, the amount of those bills is averagely 1000 reais per month. Who lives in a federal capital, especially Brasilia, São Paulo or Rio de Janeiro, needs 20 thousand reais per month.

The minimum wage in our country is pegged at $10 per day. The computation of the government's labor department said that amount is enough for a family of 4 - parents and 2 children. But in reality the minimum wage here is not really enough if the family is renting a home. Take note that we pay taxes and the transportation is not cheap.

In my country Nigeria sadly minimum wage isn't too different from slaving, it used to be 18000 naira which isn't much when we compare it to the state of things in the country now they have changed it to 33k but some states are still not paying the new sum

[automerge]1620082004[/automerge]

The situation is just so bad and I just wish things turn around for good though, because the current situation is not a good one at all.

The way the UK government went about is great, eleewarding by age. Here in my country is base on level and not by age. A tender age person can earn more than an older person base on the credentials or recommendations.

Minimum wage in my country we within the range of 59 to $61 per month. Can you imagine that? You must feed your family and transport yourself and your kids to school on this amount every month

True, the minimum wage is #30,000 for both public and private, that is what the law says but how many organisation follow it? Most private institutions don't even pay up to half that minimum for graduates making life difficult.

Minimum wage is calculated differently in somany countries, some base it on monthly payment, others base it on weekly and there are some that base it on hourly. But in my country it is based on monthly basis. And here it is about #60 per month. And it is not regular.

What is the minimum wage where you live? What country do you reside in? I'm living in the UK (England) and our government has decided to pay employees based on their age. Here is a screenshot of how much the legal minimum is.

View attachment 2154
As for my country over here in Nigeria,our federal government don't care about your age or something they believe everyone deserve same equal right, so our minimum wage still remain thirty thousand till this very moment.

Most times, I feel like relocating to other countries where the minimum wage is high, but I have read that they have high tax rate.

The minimum wage of the lowest rank for government workers is about 60 $100 and sometimes the government will not be able to pay the minimum wage even when they have implemented the rule, this should even be higher than this over here.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds