Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Comparison between countries' minimum monthly wage

In my country, the minimum salary of an overworked person is just $100-$150. I live in a Tier 3 country and people are often struggling to get a job. People usually get paid $100-$150 per month. Yes, you read it right. Only people at higher positions get paid $500 or more than that and usually such kind of people are highly qualified.
Most country have a minimum wage and their workers do not suffer or struggle much but overhear the minimum wage is very very low and it's not enough for the workers to take care of the immediate need.

Advertisement Placeholder
Most country have a minimum wage and their workers do not suffer or struggle much but overhear the minimum wage is very very low and it's not enough for the workers to take care of the immediate need.

Many western countries do a have legal system that provides rights to workers and they have a minimum wage rule (i.e. employer must pay a minimum amount of wage that is set by the government or law). Unfortunately, there is no such kind of rule in my country and employers do whatever they want to do and set a very low wage or salary and this is a violation of worker's rights.

The minimum wage in my country is #30000. Even that amount is not even well observed in all states. As small as it is, our governments is still own workers.

What is the minimum wage where you live? What country do you reside in? I'm living in the UK (England) and our government has decided to pay employees based on their age. Here is a screenshot of how much the legal minimum is.

View attachment 2154
I am from Nigeria and also live in Nigeria, the minimum wage got increased recently to #30,000 which most states have refused to implement.

Here in Nigeria, out minimum wage is surpose to be a uniform payment if thirty thousand naira across board. But some states of the federation don't even live up to espectation

The minimum wage of the lowest rank for government workers is about 60 $100 and sometimes the government will not be able to pay the minimum wage even when they have implemented the rule, this should even be higher than this over here.
Things like this make a lot of people to start a business instead of thinking and relying on getting a well paying government job to sustain themselves.

In my country here which is Nigeria, the minimum wagesl was increased, based on the fact that it was not actually enough to survive with and the painful part was that the economy keeps on getting expensive for the average earners.

Things like this make a lot of people to start a business instead of thinking and relying on getting a well paying government job to sustain themselves.
My desire for government work in my country died thousand years ago, i consider it as one of the worse form of employment,naira is depreciating everyday and amount of money they are paying you may not even be enough in few years time.

For the UK government to have what you posted has their minimum wage, that means they have the interest of their citizens at heart. Here in Nigeria, the minimum wage is nothing to write home about. The minimum wage is N30,000 which can barely survive a man with family.
Well I believe that the United Kingdom has that amount as it minimum wage because of the fact that the country is a developed country and it has a good economic plans and good economic indices that warrant them setting that amount as the average minimum wage but in my country Nigeria it's a different thing entirely.

I am a Nigerian, and just as Someone already mentioned above, the minimum wage in my country is #30000. And this may not really be enough for one to meet up with expenses, so one has to look for extra income, be it online or offline, to try and make ends meet. That is just my opinion.

I am from Nigeria, the minimum wage of my country is controversial . The federal government agreed to pay its workers #30,000 minimum wage , some state governments disagreed on the ground that they do not have enough funds to pay for such an amount.

What is the minimum wage where you live? What country do you reside in? I'm living in the UK (England) and our government has decided to pay employees based on their age. Here is a screenshot of how much the legal minimum is.

View attachment 2154
Well for me personally in my country Nigeria our minimum wage is around 30,000 naira which is tad low and also below average as the economy isn't too stable and fluctuate rapidly leading to inflation and other effect

View attachment 2154
Wow . This is quite good for the country. In my country Nigeria , the minimum wage is around $50 and it is only for people working for the government .

Unfortunately the minimum wage in my country is very low. It is less than a hundred dollars for a month. The government has considered increasing it.
I don't think the government has considered increasing the minimum wage of the country because even at the minimum wage of $60 a lot of other government officials were complaining that it is too much, I don't think they consider increasing it.

I am a Nigerian, and just as Someone already mentioned above, the minimum wage in my country is #30000. And this may not really be enough for one to meet up with expenses, so one has to look for extra income, be it online or offline, to try and make ends meet. That is just my opinion.
This is what so many of us are already doing as the government has not proven to be reliable for once. I'm happy so many of us are already succeeding in our businesses already.

I am pretty sure that the amount of salaries and wages in my country is pretty lower than many western countries because western countries are far much richer than my countries. In fact, I live in a country where there are no laws and people pay their employees whatever they wish and employess have no choice but to work for lower wages.

I am pretty sure that the amount of salaries and wages in my country is pretty lower than many western countries because western countries are far much richer than my countries. In fact, I live in a country where there are no laws and people pay their employees whatever they wish and employess have no choice but to work for lower wages.
Low salaries and wages paid by countries and companies are sometimes not because they are poor to pay their employees good salaries but it is due to the high level of greediness and corruption in the system.

That's true, high level of greediness and corruption contributed to that. They just don't want others to make good life, just caring for them alone and not their workers.

Low salaries and wages paid by countries and companies are sometimes not because they are poor to pay their employees good salaries but it is due to the high level of greediness and corruption in the system.

Well, this is true and the situation is much worse in countries where there are no laws that protect employees ahnd there is no law that actually specifies the minum wage/salary a person should give to his employees and this makes even people with white collar jobs work like a labour. What's quite worse is that they also deduct salaries if an employee arrives late at work or makes mistakes. Employers in my country are unimaginably greedy.

The wage structure does not happen in my country and here it is salary that is more preferred. The minimum wage is a flat fee of 30000 naira across am levels.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds