Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Comparison between countries' minimum monthly wage

Well in my country Nigeria, we have a flat minimum wage for everyone be it in the government or private sector. The minimum wage for my country Nigeria is ₦30,000 monthly salary.
Yes like you just said we have a flat minimum wage for every one but it also differs minimum wage scheme for the federal government workers is different for the wages of state government.

Advertisement Placeholder
The wage structure does not happen in my country and here it is salary that is more preferred. The minimum wage is a flat fee of 30000 naira across am levels.
Given a flat rate of N30,000 as the lowest salary of a worker is not actually the problem but the implementation of the policy as there are many states that still refuses to pay the minimum wage.

Luxembourg is the best country with minimum wage.
With an hourly wage of 15.27 euros ($18.33 USD) for skilled workers 18 years and older, Luxembourg is the country with the highest minimum wage in the world.

They dont pay minimum wage with age in my own country. The government only pay 33,000 naira per month as minimum wage to the employee and the minimum wage is not even up to $80

Yes you're right that minimum wages will be different from mine country to another country. The simple reason is because not all countries are economically at the same level at cost of living. You won't be comparing one in united States to someone in niger for instance

In my country, it is very possible for government forms an increase in their monthly minimum wage, but implementing it is a tug of war

In my country, the minimum salary of an overworked person is just $100-$150. I live in a Tier 3 country and people are often struggling to get a job. People usually get paid $100-$150 per month. Yes, you read it right. Only people at higher positions get paid $500 or more than that and usually such kind of people are highly qualified.
Cooperation between monthly minimum wage in different countries are we say I only know about my country's minimum wage which is a 33,000 naira and it is very small.

Here where i live, only teachers get paid per their working hours, people have a stable salary for some specific number for hours (8 hours per day i guess), you get a 5% salary improvement after working for 2 years, 10% after 5 years, 15% after 12 years and 20% after 20 years
That's good, I would love to know your country. Here in Nigeria, people are paid monthly and payment is fixed unless you're promoted. Minimum wage is fixed at 30k naira but wages varies across institutions so you can get a lower or higher amount.

In Nigeria, the minimum wage for civil service work is 30000 naira. That is not up to a hundred dollars. I really hope it increases soon.
Increase which soon, Oga you better wake up because i don't think there is going to be any restructuring anytime soon because, if I am not mistaken they just increased it sometimes ago from 15k or 20 i think so for me i don't see how they will talk of increase at a times like this.

The country where I live the minimum wage is 30,000 naira and even at that a lot of states are still reluctant or adamant to fully implement such proposed by the labour.

What is the minimum wage where you live? What country do you reside in? I'm living in the UK (England) and our government has decided to pay employees based on their age. Here is a screenshot of how much the legal minimum is.

View attachment 2154
I think the minimum wage you posted here is weekly or daily, in my country the minimum wage is calculated in a month. And it's not up to $100

Cooperation between monthly minimum wage in different countries are we say I only know about my country's minimum wage which is a 33,000 naira and it is very small.

I have heard that many people living in Tier 1 countries earn more. However, I think that their expenses are also much higher than people living in Tier 3 countries. However, I am not sure about this. Tier 3 countries might be less expensive.

In my country, the minimum wage is below $100 currently with the rate of our currency falling below the dollar. It's a very pitiable condition that makes a lot of people resort to doing bad things and that has given us a bad name in the international society. Case study is hushpuppi currently.
Everybody wants to leave here for greener pastures soonest

The government approved minimum wage in NY country is less than$100 in a country where 80 percent of the population survive on less that a dollar and the currency is depreciating daily

Well in my country Nigeria, we have a flat minimum wage for everyone be it in the government or private sector. The minimum wage for my country Nigeria is ₦30,000 monthly salary.
Lol please what private sector are you referring to. Or are we not in the same Nigeria. There are private sectors that pays as low as 10k and you can't do anything about it

The minimum wage in my country presently is 30,000 naira and even as little as it is not every state are willing to add her to this and many have not even passed it.

Lol please what private sector are you referring to. Or are we not in the same Nigeria. There are private sectors that pays as low as 10k and you can't do anything about it
Well the thing is that I used to think that the minimum wage also applies to the private sector but now I know better as the private sector is quite different from the minimum wage that the government has set up. It's very pathetic that most private institutions are hell-bent on paying their workers a very small amount of money for their services.

It's so appalling. In most African countries, the minimum wage is a slap to the human race. It is dehumanization at its peak!

What pity. In my home country, the minimum wage as started by the government is $150 per month. No individual or institution is allowed to hire anyone below this rate.

Given a flat rate of N30,000 as the lowest salary of a worker is not actually the problem but the implementation of the policy as there are many states that still refuses to pay the minimum wage.
That's just the most annoying part about it. The economy is so hard that even that 30,000 alone would not be enough for a bachelor to actually live life comfortable not to mention does who have families yet even as at that, most states still refuse to pay.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds