Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Common Mistakes in Praising Employees

Praising of employees brings envy and jealousy to a company and it is not good for the organisation, so I will advice praises of employees shouldn't be done in an organisation

Advertisement Placeholder
A lot of literature of employees business and employer to praise is not a big deal not only in organizations in everywhere if someone done great jobs he deserves to be praised in other to improve his talent and doing great jobs all the time.

Praising am employee for an extraordinary way on going about a task is something that will always encourage mist employees to do more exploits for the organization.

Too much praise can lead somebody astray. Which is better to be bad and get a result than to be a good man and at the end you are not getting any results you have to discuss well with your employees

I do not see any issues with praising employees, however, the main problem is making comparisons between the employees and scolding one employee while praising another.

Praising an employee is not a bad thing to do but if you're to praise an employee, first of all get to know the truth behind what you're about praising him for.

Giving too much task to one employees may prompt such employee to reduce he level of contributions to the welfare of the organization

As for me I think the mistakes in praising employees is that when you over praising employees and make them doing something else to the extend they look at it that you won't do anything and doesn't take there work serious but I see no reason why they can't praise an employees because it's right and good praising employees for good work they doing or done.

I am still in support of a worker been praised frequently when they have really done what was asked of them. But I am wondering if the praising can actually be too much, even when they still deserve it just as the poster is trying analyse above. That is just my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

A lot of literature, business and management articles or business tips, suggest always giving praise to employees who excel or at least to increase their work motivation. Giving praise to employees correctly will give positive results but if the praise is done wrongly it can be a contra indication of praise. Here are some common mistakes managers and owners make when giving praise to their employees:
1. Blaming without giving direction
2. Praise the talent, not the hard work of the employee
3. Not giving praise / rewards to employees who are performing well,
Maybe you have other ideas or opinions about common mistakes in giving praise to employees.
Praising a staff for a job well done is a good strategy to adopt for increased productivity. People who are commended for the little they do, tend to do even more. Employers should learn this.
They should avoid unnecessary reprimands that can cripple the output of their staff.

For me there is nothing wrong in praising an employer when he/she perform well it's just depends on how you praise them or relate with them

I'm very cautious when giving praise to employees anyways. Another thing that j feel is a mistake is selectively praising the workers - some employees magnify the little effort of some of their staff and downplay same or even better efforts of the rest.
That way animosity is created among the staff.

Whenever your staffs are perfect at their jobs, it's always very important to appreciate them at least with the words of the mouth if you can't afford to give them tips. It goes a long way in making them feel valued.
From your personal point of view, do you think there should be a limit as how you praise your employees? I have seen some managers who organize parties or team dinners as a way of praising the employees, what is your take on this?

Appreciate your employees is never a bad idea but praising them might makes them feel too superior so it has to be balanced

Praising an employee isn't a crime or criminal. An employer should dim it fit to reference or praise an employee when there is a reason for it. But this should be done cautiously, so as not to over praise and give the worker reason to become proud or over favoured.
In my own opinion , praising employee is actually a good thing and we do that in order to Guv them positive motivation so that they can work harder next time but other staffs sees it as a bad thing,

Most business owners do not like commending staff for despite their best efforts and commitment. Praising a staff for an exceptional effort will raise the morale of the staff and will encourage the staff to do more.

Common mistakes in praising employees. This is a mistakes that cause misunderstanding between employee.Their is going to be employee that will be doing high service to the management.

I do not hear many bosses praising their employees more often. However, they are always ready to criticize their employees most of the time. An employer can praise an employee, but he or she shall never over-praise an employee.

I don't see any problem in praising your employees. Most employees deserves to be praised due to the efforts they put in the business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds