Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Common Mistakes in Praising Employees

I understand your point. However, I think it shouldn't apply to all employees. There are employees that would want their bosses to praise them for every little effort and they might feel underappreciated if such praise isn't forthcoming.
There is absolutely nothing wrong in the employees wanting to be recognised when they do well for their bosses because they always get reprimand when they don't do well.

Advertisement Placeholder
It is a very good thing to actually praise employees but it's very bad if you do that every time and you let that get into their brain. They will feel to much of themselves and this might lead to the unexpected. Do not praise them too much

There is absolutely nothing wrong in the employees wanting to be recognised when they do well for their bosses because they always get reprimand when they don't do well.
It is true they always get reprimanded if they don't do well. But just like someone said here already, why commend them everytime when you're already paying them to do the job for you?

It is true they always get reprimanded if they don't do well. But just like someone said here already, why commend them everytime when you're already paying them to do the job for you?
I guess some persons do this as a from of motivation or to boost their morals but like they say, too much of everything is bad. Doing this too much can have a negative effect of boosting their egos and pride.

It is a very good thing to actually praise employees but it's very bad if you do that every time and you let that get into their brain. They will feel to much of themselves and this might lead to the unexpected. Do not praise them too much
Theres nothing bad in praising the employee , i just realised that over praising them is not good because it could get in their head and they might start misbehaving in their line of duty.

Praising may go overheard of hard working workers and they may start misbehaving overtime. They will have it in their minds that don't want can do better than them in the workplace. They will begin to see themselves as special ones that cannot be replaced.

I guess some persons do this as a from of motivation or to boost their morals but like they say, too much of everything is bad. Doing this too much can have a negative effect of boosting their egos and pride.
That's right. So the best way is to maintain a balance in everything. Praises and recommendations should be given when due but should be done moderately.

You are going to create a big problem in the workplace when you start praising those who do not deserve it. It is going to create a chain reaction in those who are working hard for the progress of a company.

some common mistake praise here
Here are some of the more common mistakes companies tend to make and how ... If you reward excellent performance only with cash, you'll build a staff that works ... Praise Only Comes From On High.....
If as a business owner you don't praise your workers when they do very well for your business it is going to discourage them because they will believe that whatever thing they are doing is not being appreciated.

That's right. So the best way is to maintain a balance in everything. Praises and recommendations should be given when due but should be done moderately.
Yes but I have come to realize that most persons find it abit hard to actually manage these things, like how should one know when praises are becoming too much?

Yes but I have come to realize that most persons find it abit hard to actually manage these things, like how should one know when praises are becoming too much?
I think it should really be when someone has done something very exceptional. You wouldn't want to lavish praises unnecessarily on someone just for them doing their jobs.

If as a business owner you don't praise your workers when they do very well for your business it is going to discourage them because they will believe that whatever thing they are doing is not being appreciated.
You are right and have a valuable point, most worker will think of their boss like a harsh and an intimidating boss if he or she fails to praise them for a job well done and it might lead to a discouragement at work.

Appreciating your workout is not going to cost you any harm but rather you to put your workers in a very good mood that they will be willing to deliver their very best for your business.

The ability to manage employee performance well is a critical part of any successful organisation. Yet, too often, performance management is misunderstood or executed in a clumsy way that can actually harm employee engagement, motivation and, ultimately, performance. Here are the biggest mistakes I’ve seen companies of all sizes make time and time again.

Praising an employee isn't too bad cause it's increases the energy of the person but sometimes too much of praise can lead to insult and other forms of pride.

Praising an employee isn't too bad cause it's increases the energy of the person but sometimes too much of praise can lead to insult and other forms of pride.
Like I always say, everything has an advantage and also some disadvantage as well. As you have said, it helps in motivating the employees to work hard and it's a sign of appreciation by the business owner or manager but when it becomes to much, they would start comparing themselves and even see themselves as equals with the management. Have you had such experience before?

Praising employees is very good. In fact, it'll encourage them to do more and will profit the business. But praising employees in a way that he thinks the business can't exist or move forward without him will ruin the business at the long run

It is very important to praise your employees especially when they had just delivered a good job or executed a project to perfection. It motivates them and make them want to do more.

A lot of literature, business and management articles or business tips, suggest always giving praise to employees who excel or at least to increase their work motivation. Giving praise to employees correctly will give positive results but if the praise is done wrongly it can be a contra indication of praise. Here are some common mistakes managers and owners make when giving praise to their employees:
1. Blaming without giving direction
2. Praise the talent, not the hard work of the employee
3. Not giving praise / rewards to employees who are performing well,
Maybe you have other ideas or opinions about common mistakes in giving praise to employees.
Another is not rewarding hard work,when an employer always think that the essence why an employee is been paid,is to do the job assigned to him, without any form of appreciation when deadlines are been meet,it could be very discouraging.

Some employers don't even give the right employees praises all they do is to pretend as if they don't see what is happening,
But if it is some one they like, they will always praise the person.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds